Harley Riders

I have a friend who was an m.c. gangster for 13 yrs. then got layed off from a company that paid for him to get a different education. So, now he works for Toyota setting up turnkey cnc shops, and he says all Harley components, made in Milwaukee, are made on Toyota equitment.

I might would buy a Harley if they made a comparible sportbike or muscle bike that would perform like a Asian bike can. I sometimes feel bad about buying foriegn bikes, but I dont feel I have good comparable American alteratives, I wish we did. I guess as far as unfriendly or pompous Harley owners we have to remember its not the bike but the owner that may or may not suck, and that applies to any brand of bike. Some people suck and some dont. Avoid the ones that suck.

I also bought my busa from a Harley-Suzuki dealer who wanted me to buy a Buehl instead.
They gave it to me $9500 out the door anyway.
A bunch of them went to the dragstrip last saturday and they wanted me to bring the busa and race. I went but didn't race just watched. There was a bunch of Suzuki 1100's all modified but only one went below 10.
They were bracket racing. It bored me.
A Harley won.

viol8r: Please feel free to post that fact (the Toyota manufacturing equipment thing) on the Harley Owners Group forum! :)

What irony for them :(...like a Klu Klux Klansman finding out that God is black!

[This message has been edited by Dirty Pete (edited 09 September 1999).]

FOR ALL YOU GUYS WHO SEEM TO BE SO CONCERNED ABOUT THE HARLEY RIDERS.WHO CARES WHAT THEY THINK, I OWN 7 HARLEYS FROM THE 58 TO 95, 99 BUSA, 98 R1,93GSRW 1100.I HAVE BEEN RIDING HARLEYS FOR 26 YRS.I HAVE EXPERIENCED THE JAP BIKES COMING UP LIKE A BULLET WHEN I WAS ON MY HARLEY, THEN PULLING WHEELIES AS THEY GO BY,OF COURSE THEY DIDN'T REALIZE I HAD A BUSA AT HOME THAT WOULD BLOW THIER ASS OFF THE ROAD. BUT THE POINT IS (WHO CARES IF THEY ACCEPT YOU RIDING WITH THEM OR NOT)ISN'T IT ALL ABOUT RIDING IN THE WIND FREE AFTER ALL. YOU NEED TO TAKE A PROZAC & ENJOY RIDING NO MATTER IF IT IS WITH HARLEYS OR JAP BIKES, OR EVEN BY YOURSELF..GEEZE!

First post here, and I feel the same way most of you do about the Harley riders. I've noticed most sportbike riders will wave as we pass each other but the Harley folks just keep the waves to themselves. I enjoy all types of motorcycles and thats what makes us individuals. I wave anyway and hope that all of us can survive long enough to enjoy our own motorcycle passion. I wouldn't mind doing one for pink slips someday.Them Harleys cost so damn much, I could sell it to another Hell's Angel wannabe and buy another Busa and some cool riding gear.

WELL , THEN I GUESS THE STATEMENT IS TRUE , THERE IS A FIRST TIME FOR EVERYTHING.I EVEN BUILD WEB PAGES. SEE MY PROFILE.I'M MOST PEOPLES WORST NIGHTMARE, A BIKER WITH AN EDUCATION.MASTERS DEGREE!NEXT?

Easy on the Dentist comments Pete, you anti-Dentite Bastard! (see Seinfeld episode) :)

My wife's a Dentist and actually used to ride a Harley...We sold it and bought her a Honda VFR800...Great bike...Now she no longer asks me why I like the twisties soooo much!

Scott: I am sure that your wife was not a nasty biker-wannabe RUB dentist who took sadistic pleasure from drilling poor Harley Mechanics, and I hereby apologize to all RUB dentists who have ever been nice to Harley mechanics.

I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize to all TV commercial producers who are not, and never have been, nasty biker-wannabe RUBs who took sadistic pleasure from shooting poor Harley mechanics.

cbxcris have you been to an AMA superbike race this year? Have you seen Scott Russell on the Harley? The man and machine are not slow by any means. I am glad to see Harley return to Superbike with a capable machine, it is good for racing and H.D. Maybe before we are dead Harly might just make a real sportbiike v-twin(not a Buell Sportster). This thread sounds a lot like the Busa bashing that happens here from the Kawpukes.
Go back and read this stuff.

Dirty Pete what if god was a oriental black woman, would the Harley riding Klan just commit suicide?

Funny how the whole Harley ethic has evolved from the real bad-ass hardcores to the bad-ass "wannabes".... to include women (not that that's bad). My last two sleds were Electra Glides and I have ridden with all types of riders. Remember thinking that somehow the loud thumping sound made the bike seem stronger....I even punched my Sport Glide out to 96 inches....what a waste. Anyhow, my point is, it doesn't make a difference....we bought our rides for our own particular reasons...the Ozarks would be a fantastic ride...who gives a crap if some don't want to talk to ya....ya got the power to leave 'em behind and have yer own fun!!!

Back