Has your bike been down???

ninja 250 down at 5mph in parking lot due to wet parking stripe in the morning!
mad.gif

600 F4i down at less than 5 mph in parking lot to to wet parking strip in the morning!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif

05 busa never!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

I dropped my Harley too, in the driveway...

Rule now is that whenever I get a new bike, I'll just kick the mother over and be done with it...sort of alleviates the initial shock of dropping it later on...
laugh.gif

Year of 1979 Dallas, TX . . . 750 new yammi . . . cager turned left in front of me in the rain . . . laid her down, but very little damage.

I laid mine down exactly one month ago today, which is actually how I got involved with this website...by the way, thanks for all of the assistance/advice. I was coming to a stop at a light, and hit a 200 foot slick of oil, that some *$%hole left with their vehicle. Bike went sliding, I went flying...luckily, I was just bruised up, and bike had only bad scratches. All new plastics on the left side now, and back on the road! I've read on here, and heard at the bike shop, that there are only two types of riders, one who has been down, and one who will go down...hopefully, this was my one time.

oh and if it comes to being down on any motorcycle dirt bikes many times had a few scraps here and there luckily no broken bones until the Busa mishap

"i have always been told this, so ill pass it on to you.....if you havent layed it down yet, you will'"
Sorry to disappoint you son, I've been at this sport long before you were born (I'm bettin' - 1975) and have yet to lay one down and I get crazy in the twisties and on the straight stretches once in a while just like the rest of you guys, been lucky I guess. Had many close calls but my plastics have never touched pavement.

3 times:

1 - sudden stop on a steep uphill turn to avoid a collision

2 - (two days after #1) forgot to put the kickstand down when parking - was still freaking a bit after a deer encounter and wasn't thinking straight.

3 - (two days ago) had to u-turn into a gas pump + poor pavement caused the front wheel to slide out.

not too much damage in any of these - they were all at 1mph or below. Just some scratched plastic + pride
smile.gif

i am probably ginxing my self but never on the busa yet. i dumped my intercepter (wheelie gone bad), and dumped my stroker sportster (forced into sand by a car),crashed my stroker banshee (other ride spun out i did not). i just try to keep my head i love the paint on the busa to much.
vader1.gif

years ago, on my '85 Ninja 900R, making a right turn, I hit a patch of oil....went down maybe at 5-10 mph....scratched the side a bit.....

2 weeks ago I dropped it in my driveway, was turning sharp and the dam thing was cold and it stalled, that was all she wrote. Lucky thing is I was able to hold it up for a bit and slowly let it down, to heavy to hold up. She came out good no real damage. Frame sliders too the hit!

not in my busa yet but I hope not...I dropped my zx1000r 1 time, was start warming up spring time back in 85...so I get it out of garage (floor was sealed in concreat) I turned around and took off, wheel (cold and dry tire) just spun around and... nuff said. the bad part is, a guy was passing by said " you do that alot?" I said  yeah, everyday...
face7.gif

going to work @ 3mph out if the driveway, cold tires and too much throttle slid on its frame slider for about 15ft...scratched up the right side.
my first lay down since 1984
sad.gif
IT COULD HAPPEN TO ANYONE REGARDLESS OF TIME IN THE SADDLE:D

1984 - 1978 SUZUKI 185 - Laid down in turn - knobbies suck in rain.

1987 - 1984 SUZUKI GS550ES - Hit car broadside that pulled out in front of me going 70 THAT really sucks.

2003 - 1986 Honda VF1000R - Hit another broadside
same deal. Very rare bike - but had parts for restoration.

2006 - 2000 Busa fell on Wife's CBR F4i putting it on rear stand - broke mirror - no damage to CBR
Thank god - But it has not hit the ground...yet

Once, the second time I rode it. Followed my husband, he makes a hard stop in a right turn and the pavement slopes down too. I had a hell of a time stopping, when I took off again I killed it and promptly keeled over to the right. I was so happy I managed to stop and not run into him, I forgot rule number one, put it in first.
Right fairing, mirror and below the hump was pretty scratched. That's how I got a new paint job.
But now I am paranoid about dropping it again, I dread slow turns.
Barbara

If/when this happens, who's the best person to talk to about new fairing? Dealer? Or is there anyone here who provides good prices?

BUSAFETT

yes, I joined that club a few months ago. went down in the driveway. still don't know what happened.

Back