Have you ever wheelied...?

Have you ever wheelied on your Hayabusa?

• Yes, power wheelie(s) by accident.

Votes: 196 30.2%
  • Yes, clutch wheelie(s) by accident.

Votes: 46 7.1%
  • Yes, power wheelies. (On purpose)

Votes: 302 46.5%
  • Yes, clutch wheelies. (On purpose)

Votes: 104 16.0%
  • No, never. (I don't care about that sort of thing.)

Votes: 52 8.0%
  • No, never. (But wouldn't mind eventually learning either technique.)

Votes: 66 10.2%
  • Only baby ones through excessive throttle.

Votes: 85 13.1%
  • I stunt on my Hayabusa. (I also have a toilet made of gold. I'm so rich.)

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • Yes, it/they didn't/don't end well. (Wrecked/Rashed)

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • No. My bike doesn't respond well to 'YUT UNNNGGGH!'

Votes: 15 2.3%

• Total voters
I have FJR and Wheelie every time i go riding.... So i can say Yes as soon as i get my Busa i will in fact wheelie it :thumbsup: keep one wheel up :rofl:

Last time I wheelied, my stretched cbr 1000rr rolled a good 25 times with a few good cartwheels so I am told. Knocked me out was in the med for two weeks, overextended my right foot and fractured my tail bone. Off work for a month. Only good news was I had full gear on. So based on that, all I can say is two wheels down keeps my frown upside down:rofl:

Only a few 1st. gear power one's. I don't like working on bike's that much.Normal maintaince is one thing, crash damage is another.But it look's cool as hell with someone else doing it.

I have never wheelied my bike. I did however JUMP it. It was not intentional, but it happened. I was riding on a stretch of rt 440 in NJ and I was doing about 80 mph heading home from work one afternoon. I came upon an intersection that has a very sharp rise at the crossing. I saw it coming due to the fact there are many marks where cars have bottomed out. When I realized where I was I got scared and didnt know what to do. I didnt want to hit the brakes amd dump it so I kept the throttle where it was and prayed for the best. As I hit the dip my rpms hit the limiter when my tires left the ground and they came back down when I landed on the other side ( I dont know how high I went). I then pulled over and after the shaking stopped I discarded my underwear.

I just got mine (Busa 2002).I have had a handfull of motercycles, most where metric and 70-80s.This is my first sportbike.Ive seen vids on the net of busa wheelies that lose it on the way down going into a speedwoble.Ive wheelied all my other bikes except the goldwing.The busa im scared to lay down so I dont dare try it.

With practice the Busa is a wheelie king, I start with a power up in 1st, and shift through 4th, I loose power most of the time shifting from 3rd to 4th. But still working at it. :thumbsup:

My front end drops around 145 mph :whistle: (time slip dropping the front end at the finish line in the quarter mile). The picture shown is me running the mile strip at Maxton. (my bike was actually slammed 3 inches lower on that run too)

You know it i love doing them and its has 6" in the arm :banana::woot::argue:2
depn4i.jpg
[/IMG][/CENTER]

Last edited:
My friend in oregon got caught doing a weelie and was hit with $5000.00 in fines. :rulez: He took it to court and got out of it for about $1000.00 including lawer fees. I don't make enough to pay fines like that.

Only 1 or 3 on my busa i try to keep 2 on the ground for real. I used to do them all the time on my cbr f4i ... till that day when all was great until..... i found my ass on the ground after that i decided its more fun to watch other people than to rebuild my bike :whistle:

Tough subject for me. I had an '03 gxer 1000 and had a bad addicition to wheelies. I'm 6'5 and could ride 'em outta sight until one day I had one get away from me at about 80 mph. I still say it was a wind gust but I just couldn't get to the rear brake before she 12 o clocked and smacked the tailight. At that point I just had to let er go. Only had on a helmet, tank top and basketball shorts. This was in '04 and I still think I have rash in my a**.

I'm 34 now with a wife, toddler, newborn, and a busa. My mile long wheelie days are over. I MAYYYYY pull a little 1st gear power wheelie every now and then but that's it. I'll tell you....once it hits your lips it's so good!! :laugh:

Last edited:
Back