Hayabusa

cruzinZ

Registered
Hello.

I've been lurking around the forum for a few months. This past weekend I went and test road the BMW S1000RR. What a machine! The suspension was far superior than my GSXR 600. I've been riding a lot the past few years and so far logged 16,000 on my bike so far. I should be around 28,000 to 30,000 by now if it wasnt for being unemployed for a year.

Now that things are turning around I'll be looking at getting a hayabusa in the future. I'm wondering how the power compares to the S1000RR that I test rode this past weekend. The BMW was quite manageable in the lower RPM's. I was expecting that bike to launch out from under me in the lower RPM's with 193hp on tap. The quick shift was a very nice feature. Loved everything about it except for the ugly front end.

Back on track.... my main reason for wanting the hayabusa is for touring. I plan on riding 2 up with my fiancee/wife. She would like to eventually get her own bike and when the times comes I think that my 600 & the hayabusa would make a very nice combination of sport & ST. She will get something else of her own when the time comes.

1. for those of you who have ridden/own both S1000RR & GenII what can you tell me about the differences?

2. How does the quality of the Hayabusa compare to the BMW?

3. If you could add anything to a hayabusa to make it the perfect sport touring bike what would you add? Parts & brand names to be specific?

Thanks!

All I gotta say is the front end is the part I love the most, :thumbsup:

Good luck with your decision, THE BMW dealer in Greenville told me saturday to bring the Busa down and to test ride the S1000RR and then talk numbers, Lol...

I sat on it and liked what I felt but I am keeping Pegasus for now...

Haven't ridden the BMW, but you're comparing apples to oranges. I've ridden all the Jap 1000's and Gen1 and 2 Busa. Power is comparable, Busa is much better for 2up and touring. 1000 handling is quicker for knee dragging and weight difference is noticeable. Both are great choices, Busa is the more comfortable tourer.

Haven't ridden the BMW, but you're comparing apples to oranges. I've ridden all the Jap 1000's and Gen1 and 2 Busa. Power is comparable, Busa is much better for 2up and touring. 1000 handling is quicker for knee dragging and weight difference is noticeable. Both are great choices, Busa is the more comfortable tourer.

+2 with what sixpack577 wrote! The torque is better on the busa!

I dont know how the 1000 BMW compares to the 1000 GSXR, but I couldnt imagine riding two people on the GSXR 1000. I am glad I upgraded to the Hayabusa. Espeically since I do about 500 + miles a weekend.

Back