How many times have you crashed??

How many times have you crashed?? - Any damage, street/paved track only.

• 0            I have superb reflexes

Votes: 194 100.0%
  • 1-2         Just a little bad luck

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3-5         Yeah, a couple here and there

• 5-10       Man, this is happening too often

• 10-20      Call me crash-a-lot

• 20 +        Hey, I'm a stunter and crash'in is part of the game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No crashes.....I won't say I am perfect or have SUPERB reflexes, I think mostly it is being VERY careful and keeping a sensible head on when I am on the bike.....oh, and having a good eye for spotting idiots, drunks, people on cell phones, etc helps too...especially in L.A.  

However.....dropped it once unloading out of my 4x4 truck (was by myself...I know....stupid! Didn't have any fairings at the time, so no scratches!)...another time while trying to turn around on a steep hill, dropped it....well...lowered it slowly, gently and unintentionally to the ground.....few scratches on the inspection panel.
So that would be two for you  tounge.gif
laugh.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Yeah, well atleast I haven't run into a mountain or dumped it while moving.

Only been riding about 8 months and had 1 small mishap. Bike was leaking oil and i didnt know it, went around turn, hit some water and loose gravel and the bike tried to go out from under me. I got it back, but by that time i was in the grass and managed to lay it down in some big old bushes. Flknifemaker was behind me and saw the whole thing. Bent the turn signal and headlight, but on this old bike i could just bend them back into place and be on my way!

Went own once about 2 years ago. Pulling out of an intersection with 2 left turn lanes. I was on the outside lane with a car in the inside lane. I was paying too much attention to the car, and didn't see some crap in the street. Lost the back tire, tried to save it, but lost the battle. I landed on my shoulder and the side of my face. Good thing I was wearing a leather jacket and full face helmet. Broken collar bone, no road rash.

Flipped my 92 GSXR1100, in 97, i looked like road kill:(

This poll won't tell you much unless you ask for the number of years riding. If someone has been riding 5 years and crashed twice that's a lot. If it's 30 years, not so bad.

Once on my 954 in Japan.........some dude locked up his brakes in front of me with no brake lights..... I got the bike stopped in time, problem was: I kept going! LOL
The bike stopped, stoppie, and over I went!

This poll won't tell you much unless you ask for the number of years riding. If someone has been riding 5 years and crashed twice that's a lot. If it's 30 years, not so bad.
The poll is not a contest on who has crashed the least, rather a reality check for those who think they'll never crash.

2 types of riders;

1)Those who have crashed and WILL crash again.
2)Those who haven't crashed but WILL crash.

2001 BUSA W/300 MILES HIT A DEER IN A CURVE DOING 45MPH WEARING SHORTS,TANKTOP AND SNEAKERS ROAD RASH IN PLACES IT SHOULDN'T BE. ALSO TORE CALF MUSCLE IN HALF WAS ON CRUTCHES FOR 18 WEEKS,THE DEER WON!! $4500.00 DAMAGE. GOT IT FIXED 2WKS LATER IT FELL OVER ,KICKSTAND SUNK IN THE GROUND DESTROYED TANK AND LEFT FAIRING.GOT IT FIXED AGAIN!!!1MONTH LATER SOMEONE DECIDED TO TAKE IT AND NEVER BRING IT BACK!! xblueman.gif

2 years ago on my birthday went down hard hit a deer at 100 plus sad.gif broken toes dislocated shoulder and lots of rash. one set of leathers ruined one cracked helmet one pair of ruined gloves one totaled zx11 sad.gif the lesson i learned deer are pretty solid and they can be rather costly laugh.gif

sad.gif

I can't answer this poll. Street 2 crashed, 1 lowside, 1 got taken out by a drunk driver. low side into grass, some scuffs no biggie, DWI hit i got to ride in a helo to hospital. Both street crashes happened a long time ago. been on the street for over 20 years now. been down 2X.

But if we talk Moto-X i've gone down ALOT. it's the nature of the beast. can't race moto-x and not expect to break some bones here and there....

<!--EDIT|Cykill
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142179996 -->

1 lowside, and the big one I &quot;T-boned&quot; a little old lady that ran a stop sign I was traveling at 50 mph (5 mph under the posted speed). Nothen broken, but lost my 04 LE. Picked up my 06 last week! I am good as new. laugh.gif

I hit a corner about 75 last summer and hit gravel in the road. Sid off the road but no real damage to me except for the stain in my pants but, 8,000 dollars in damage to the 954 I was on.

Picture_115.jpg

In the 76 or so-- Yamaha TX500-- took off from a stop sign turning left--sand= lowside wrist sore.
watching mirror glass tumbling along side me laugh.gif
Mid 80's-- 900 Ninja-- left turn on sand @ 35 Ouch!! T-shirt-- it was hot....major elbo rash--poor bike was perfect just before that..lot's of damage-- even caved the tank with my boot as fell off.
Not too long after that---bike was not fully repaird yet---ran off a cliff-- lucky for me there was large manzanita that stopped me 10-15' down.. truck that i passed used a chain to break the rear subframe off while pulling it up. Then we put the chain though the rear wheel wow.gif No injury to me.
Now fast forward 20 years-- Fall of 05--took off from a stop sign on the Busa--turning right--
went right through a narrow patch of sand that was clearly visable [idiot] bike almost did a complete 360---and the very last thing that happend---HIGHSIDE--ARSE OVER TEA KETTLE. 3 broken ribs. Gotta ad two major bails in the dirt that year too--- all three had my head hit the ground pretty dang hard. 06 is looking bright so far.
Thanks to helpful board members all is well again

Just once when I was younger. Doing a wheelie for the first time with a passenger. I didn't account for the extra weight in the rear and we both fell right off.

I've never crashed in the street (knocking on head), but I don't know about superb reflexes; more like good intuition and brake/throttle control. A liitle luck helps, too. In the dirt, now that's a whole different matter.

need to add another choice, frigin luckey so far SHOCKED.gif keeping my eyes open. almost a t-bone old lady not looking untill she is in the road guns.gif

since my four wheeler wreck last week doesnt count id have to say none yet.i just got it back yesterday by the way lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back