Is there any need/desire for a headlight on/off switch?

smithabusa

Site Sponsor
Registered
I make them for gen1 and gen2 busa so you can shut off headlight if wanted to save current usage, or whatever reason, key on for extended periods and want it off. Anyhow i could make a plug and play setup for gen3 as well. The actual head light connector is the little white triangular 3 pin connector buried up under the dash, not sure if you can get to it by removing the plastic under the headlight easily or not, i could do a plug and play connector there, or i could do it at one of the 13 pin connectors over the left ram air tube. this might be easier to access, but the connector is more of a pain for me to wire an inline adapter to.

What an improvement gen3 with I assume LED bulbs, my gen1 stock head light pulls 3-4 amps, gen3 pulls 1 LOL.

20230424_163841.jpg

20230424_163631.jpg

Blew my mind when I found out that your headlight can actually camouflage and reduce your visibility. Think about when you're on the freeway with the setting sun behind you and you are casting a long shadow in front of you. Your headlight makes you less visible to cars in front of you, especially ones who might pull in front of your path...

Counter illumination

Back