Looks like i'm in a bind

I could be wrong, but once the key is off the hole, would you be able to dissassemble the unit off the tank....

that would be incorrect, BH...

The lock at the bottom of the lid keeps the assembly in. The cap needs to be raised in order for the assy to come out.

ok ok I got it
bomb.gif

I thought whole assembly would come out with the allen bolts removed..

did you get that cap opened yet? when was the last time opened for gas? if its been a long time ago? that means the lips freezed up with tank, if its not then its melfunctions in the drum, if its melfunction if you think, try the lock smith (you don't wanna carry another key for the gas I didn't like it) if its the freezed problem? try teflon oil (sells in gun stores)....This is just my thoughts, and good luck and let us know about it...
argue.gif

Liquid wrench? Can't say I've heard of it.

Some lube around the rim of the hole, eh? That's an idea I haven't tried. Thanks, WD.
Hey Pac are you pushing down on your cap before you turn the key? It really helps to unbind it that way....I've always pushed down first to release pressure on the lock when opening, and I always turn the key first then shut the cap and release the key when closing. It saves alot of wear and tear on the lock.
WD-40 is your best friend...soak the whole cap real good, especially the keyhole....make sure you push the dust cover aside and get it down in there,then let it sit abit, or overnight even. Then wiggle your key as your pushing down on the cap....it'll open
wink.gif
In other words lube that ho...............le
tounge.gif

When your pushing down on the cap put alittle body weight into it....you need to feel it move or it won't unbind
muscle.gif

get a locksmith  pac

I think something is broke inside  normally when that happens its time to get the flat screwdriver pull metal key opening off, start breaking it out till the flat screwdriver will open it itself    we have had to do it on many cars its a pain and will need to be replaced,    I DO NOT recommend this, its just a thought.
thats the reason I say get locksmith playing with a flat screwdriver that close to paint and all,  equals a big scratch or dents
wink.gif

I hope maybe soaking up some lube will do it  got my fingers crossed for ya

<!--EDIT|onerabidshark
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142257636 -->

Back