Motorcyclist Pictures

Hey I like the Kawasaki green! Oh please bring on the green. The horsepower rating is without ramair, just like any bike the don't include the ramair into the figures, I think the busa is 175 at the crank, It is what makes it to the back wheel that counts, that's why I hated my shaft drive on my V-max.

Turtle: You're an ex V-Max guy! I served 9 years on mine and loved every second. It was my road bike. If you want to start a thread for ex V-Max drivers, I'll compare notes with you.

Motorcycle.com ran an UNCORRECTED quarter on a stock Busa that was in the nines. From motorcycle.com : "9.95 second quarter mile at 143.18 miles per hour on stock tires into a slight head wind at the high-altitude Los Angeles County Raceway." There is a nice pic of the board with these numbers posted as well as multiple videos of the run itself.

This is great guys. A rational discussion without flames. Good news.

A question. When is the "official" announcement of the ZX12 scheduled? When's the Kawi dealer show? Perhaps I'll ask this on the ZX12 board.

The new Bus looks good.

zx-12 Thanks for posting if you could scan those pictures and send them to me I would appreciate it..they are not any where on the web.

Thanx in advance

lapdancer@usa.net

I am on the road now and I left the mag at home. I will have my girlfriend scan them and send them to you tommorrow.

[This message has been edited by ZX-12 (edited 23 September 1999).]

JimP:Who cares what a magazine did with a bike,if YOU take a ZX9 to a dragstrip,I guarantee you won't be able to buy a 9 second time slip,I doubt if you'll get a 10 second run out of it! Let's stick with the REAL WORLD.

[This message has been edited by Kamikaze (edited 24 September 1999).]

Blackbusa,

Called my commander. She has the mag at work but no pictures yet she is having a problem with the scanner and she also told me "I have to work too you know"!!!! Obviously she is having a problem recognizing that pictures of the new ZX-12 are more important than her job. Hopefully she will be able to scan them this afternoon. Unfortunately I do not have access to a scanner now. Keep you posted.

Sport Rider is doing some ram air tests on various bikes, on a dyno with compressors pumping air in, and airbox pressure measured inside. Some bikes gained a lot, some a little, but ram air does truly work, something few have been able to prove until recently.
You guys are funny.

Back