New exhaust install

Looks very nice!!
Thanks
biggrin.gif

I'm just jealous! That's the setup I'm leaning towards, also, 'cept I'm thinkin of doing the CF canisters~ Like you did, I plan on doing it all at once~ I've already got the BMC air and K&N oil filters, BDE pair block kit, Amsoil, and new plugs sitting on the shelves in my garage~ Next will be the PCIII and then the exhuast system itself~I even built a computer to keep out there just for mapping purposes~ I have to get it all piece by piece~ Then tear 'er down and start all over~ I've only got 4500 miles on the bike now, so it should be right around the 5k mark when work begins~
cool.gif
Looks real good, pipefighter, thanks for the insperation..
wink.gif

I'm just jealous! That's the setup I'm leaning towards, also, 'cept I'm thinkin of doing the CF canisters~ Like you did, I plan on doing it all at once~ I've already got the BMC air and K&N oil filters, BDE pair block kit, Amsoil, and new plugs sitting on the shelves in my garage~ Next will be the PCIII and then the exhuast system itself~I even built a computer to keep out there just for mapping purposes~ I have to get it all piece by piece~ Then tear 'er down and start all over~ I've only got 4500 miles on the bike now, so it should be right around the 5k mark when work begins~
cool.gif
Looks real good, pipefighter, thanks for the insperation..
wink.gif
Thanks for the compliment. Sounds like you will have a busy day or so. I think you will enjoy the setup. Happy wrenching.
wink.gif

wink.gif

Thanks for the compliment. Sounds like you will have a busy day or so. I think you will enjoy the setup. Happy wrenching.  
wink.gif
No prob.. it's a well deserved one~ I'm always happy when wrenching.. well except during the frustrating operations, anyway~ I like to refer to it as bonding time with my partner~
wink.gif

wink.gif

That HMF setup is sweet! The only thing that bugs me about cans in general is the HUGE HMF or MUZZY, or whatever. That crap really screws up the looks. Is it possible to reverse the cans so that the HMF is on the inside?

I've got the cf cans on my HMF duals and I ordered them w/o that big ole HMF plate. I thought it was too big also.  Mine are just plain and I like them that way.

<!--EDIT|gynx
Reason for Edit: None given...|1093359764 -->

THe looks you get and the sound is great. I have had mine since 2001 and would not change them. A word of warning... if you decide to lower the bike you will run into some issues with the brackett hitting the upper brace of the swing arm. I lowered mine 2 inches and had to shave the brackett to allow for suspension ride...

Something else you can do is have the pipes coated by Jet-Hot, they have a sweat "Sterling" coating that is tough as hell, and will cut the pipes external temps by about 50%, should prevent melting. Do a web search for em'.

Your pipes look awesome on, almost as much as the carbon ones do,
which are really-really hot.
Thanks, How's your bike running?
<span style='color:firebrick'>Its better than it was. Tnx 4 your help Called the tuning shop close to me ( 50 miles away ) they said it will cost almost 400 dollars for tuning. ouch. I should learn to map a P.C. .</span>

<!--EDIT|pyrrhic
Reason for Edit: None given...|1093373316 -->

That HMF setup is sweet!  The only thing that bugs me about cans in general is the HUGE HMF or MUZZY, or whatever.  That crap really screws up the looks.  Is it possible to reverse the cans so that the HMF is on the inside?
No, it's not possible to flip the cans. On the back there are two holes for the mounting bracket. You can order them without the logo, which I probably would have done but forgot.

Your pipes look awesome on, almost as much as the carbon ones do,
which are really-really hot.
Thanks, How's your bike running?
<span style='color:firebrick'>Its better than it was. Tnx 4 your help Called the tuning shop close to me ( 50 miles away ) they said it will cost almost 400 dollars for tuning.  ouch.  I should learn to map a P.C. .</span>
wow.gif
$400 for a tune; seems a little steep. Hopefully they are a good tuner and will get your bike running right, if they do then it's money well spent.

Back