New gen 3 owner here

busa_berto

Registered
What's going on guys? Been lurking on this page for a bit and figured I would say what's up.

Picked up my 2023 hayabusa on 4/24/23 with 0 miles right out of the crate. Have only put about 300 or so miles on it so far(weather and work haven't been cooperating) but im loving every minute of it. Coming from a 2016 R1, all I can say is idk why I never bought a busa sooner lol. Bike is stock minus a tail tidy from jl designs, my zero gravity double bubble should be here in a few days, and I'm currently torn between exhausts or just waiting until someone makes a full turbo kit for the gen 3(stock potato cannons have been removed in the interim) . Anyways I'm in long island not to far from sae outlaw performance who I recall at one point was big in the hayabusa community. I look foward to sharing experiences,thoughts,ideas, and progress with you guys!

20230512_154634.jpg

20230512_154624.jpg

Welcome.....

Before you mentioned it I was going to ask how rough your neighborhood was because someone stole your exhaust cans....

Good looking scooter and you will enjoy it for years to come I'm sure...

What is the red beastie sitting beside the bike?

Welcome.....

Before you mentioned it I was going to ask how rough your neighborhood was because someone stole your exhaust cans....

I've been wondering that too. I think the pictures on the wall tells what that red beastie is.
And while we're curious, what's under the tarp? :D
Oh, nice bike btw but for neighbours sake, put the cans back on please :lol:

Welcome.....

The red car is my street /strip 85 mazda rx7. Car made around 700rwhp at 33psi

@bert.eric Under the tarp is an 84 rx7 im helping a buddy of mine put together

Welcome from AZ!
I'm up / down to 10 bikes in the garage ATM, but I still always offer to put miles on other people's bikes that don't have time to ride them. Still never any takers.

You're too far away.

What's going on guys? Been lurking on this page for a bit and figured I would say what's up.

Picked up my 2023 hayabusa on 4/24/23 with 0 miles right out of the crate. Have only put about 300 or so miles on it so far(weather and work haven't been cooperating) but im loving every minute of it. Coming from a 2016 R1, all I can say is idk why I never bought a busa sooner lol. Bike is stock minus a tail tidy from jl designs, my zero gravity double bubble should be here in a few days, and I'm currently torn between exhausts or just waiting until someone makes a full turbo kit for the gen 3(stock potato cannons have been removed in the interim) . Anyways I'm in long island not to far from sae outlaw performance who I recall at one point was big in the hayabusa community. I look foward to sharing experiences,thoughts,ideas, and progress with you guys!

View attachment 1666619

View attachment 1666620
Can you please elaborate on the differences between the R1 and the Gen 3 'Busa in terms of power delivery? Does it pull hard like the 'Busa? Is the crossplane engine's smoothness to the tire everything Yamaha says about the engine configuration? I love how it sounds like an Aprilia V4.

I've been wanting an R1 for a while now and I'm not gonna get rid of my beloved Gen 3 'Busa for any other bike, so I wanna make sure the R1 is worth it. Who better than you to give me the low down? :D

Can you please elaborate on the differences between the R1 and the Gen 3 'Busa in terms of power delivery? Does it pull hard like the 'Busa? Is the crossplane engine's smoothness to the tire everything Yamaha says about the engine configuration? I love how it sounds like an Aprilia V4.

I've been wanting an R1 for a while now and I'm not gonna get rid of my beloved Gen 3 'Busa for any other bike, so I wanna make sure the R1 is worth it. Who better than you to give me the low down? :D
The best way I can describe it is, my r1 was raw, stiff ride, wrist and back killer but an absolute riot of a bike to own. Very nimble. Felt like street rossi even though i never dragged knee before lok The power delivery was enough to scare u if u weren't bracing yourself and when all my roll race mods were done, I believe it would outrun the busa right now from 60-150 for sure ( my r1 was flashed, full bolt on, lowered, stretched, on a diet, etc..)

However, the busa is more refined, smoother ride, and the torque is incredible. I have no doubt in my mind that the busa will be the faster bike in the long run. To me the r1 catered to my inner younger self, where as the busa caters to my older, more responsible self. A gentleman's bike if you will lol..

All my buddies asked me how would it compare to the r1 and I tell them this. The r1 is like my rx7, it's just a raw no frills fast rough hot ride that beats you up. Whereas the busa is more like a cadillac cts-v with creature comforts like a/c , leather cooled/heated sears, and a supercharged LS under the hood.

In a perfect world I'd have several bikes, including another liter bike to toss around and feel like I'm young again...the busa though...the busa is my land yacht and it still intimidates me with its weight,size, and the way it just freight trains down the highway once it gets going.

Welcome from AZ!
I'm up / down to 10 bikes in the garage ATM, but I still always offer to put miles on other people's bikes that don't have time to ride them. Still never any takers.

You're too far away.
Where in AZ..Gilbert here

The best way I can describe it is, my r1 was raw, stiff ride, wrist and back killer but an absolute riot of a bike to own. Very nimble. Felt like street rossi even though i never dragged knee before lok The power delivery was enough to scare u if u weren't bracing yourself and when all my roll race mods were done, I believe it would outrun the busa right now from 60-150 for sure ( my r1 was flashed, full bolt on, lowered, stretched, on a diet, etc..)

However, the busa is more refined, smoother ride, and the torque is incredible. I have no doubt in my mind that the busa will be the faster bike in the long run. To me the r1 catered to my inner younger self, where as the busa caters to my older, more responsible self. A gentleman's bike if you will lol..

All my buddies asked me how would it compare to the r1 and I tell them this. The r1 is like my rx7, it's just a raw no frills fast rough hot ride that beats you up. Whereas the busa is more like a cadillac cts-v with creature comforts like a/c , leather cooled/heated sears, and a supercharged LS under the hood.

In a perfect world I'd have several bikes, including another liter bike to toss around and feel like I'm young again...the busa though...the busa is my land yacht and it still intimidates me with its weight,size, and the way it just freight trains down the highway once it gets going.
Wow, that was a very satisfying answer to my curiosity, man. You delivered. Thanks for being so thorough!

Yeah, that's what I enjoy about the Gen 3 'Busa, how smooth it is and how it freight trains under heavy acceleration without indicating any speed increase. So satisfying!

To think it has around 30 HP hidden up top of the rev range an ECU flash and velocity stacks away from unlocking.

Enjoy your new beast! :D

RCC makes an adapter to run their Gen 2 turbo kits on Gen 3. Currently the stock PCM isn’t ready to habdle
Boost but BoostBySmith makes a plug n play maxxecu stand-alone that is more than adequate at handling the job.

Back