New things I'm learning about new busa

In the beginning before I pulled the pin on my purchase I was concerned about the Hayabusa's weight thinking back to the 90's ZX-11 I learned to ride on...

A friend at work bought it from another co-worker who had just sold it for a new R1 and we pumped $1000 into repairs to get it running right (Zabors in Austin, TX which I think has closed?)

I bought my GSX-R1000 that same year and the ZX-11 was simply no match for it in the handling department. Another friend at work had a Super Blackbird that he used for daily commute but I never got to ride it further than the parking lot and it felt like a Honda if you know that feeling.

The more I ride the Gen. 3 Busa, the more I'm impressed by its handling. Suzuki have really hit it out of the park in that regard and I've yet to turn the intelligent ride electronics off to see how much of a difference they make in addition to the dimension changes and weight distribution.

I only wish the mileage was closer to the Gen. 2 figures.

The mileage is down thanks to Euro emissions bs, and a 1 gallon smaller tank...for the bigger airbox...for said Euro bs emissions, lol

There were several bikes in the '80s with self cancelling signal lights...and here we are....
why is everyone so hung up on self cancelling indicators... had them on one bike about 10yrs ago and they annoyed the life out of me ... spent way too much time glancing down to see if they were staying on when i needed them to.
to me some things are best left to the rider.

why is everyone so hung up on self cancelling indicators... had them on one bike about 10yrs ago and they annoyed the life out of me ... spent way too much time glancing down to see if they were staying on when i needed them to.
to me some things are best left to the rider.
I haven't had a bike with self cancelling signal lights in years and years....never have missed them...

However, if you can provide hill-hold, traction control, cruise control, etc, etc...what would be so difficult with sticking in a set of self-cancelling signal lights?

Why are emissions requirements BS? I happen to prefer cleaner air.
I agree with wuzza about cleaner air. California is the only state I ever rode in that after a ride, I don't smell like a tailpipe. There may be other states too. I remember going to Vegas and as soon as we crossed the state line from Cali, I could smell the difference. Nevada also boasts about clean air but not
nearly as good as Cali air. We have to pay a little extra in fees, but it's worth it!

The mileage is down thanks to Euro emissions bs, and a 1 gallon smaller tank...for the bigger airbox...for said Euro bs emissions, lol

Why are emissions requirements BS? I happen to prefer cleaner air.
I haven't had a bike with self cancelling signal lights in years and years....never have missed them...

However, if you can provide hill-hold, traction control, cruise control, etc, etc...what would be so difficult with sticking in a set of self-cancelling signal lights?

I agree. If it was a stripped down model the price point would have to be met but not with all the gizmos it was released with. Remember too though that the friggin hump and tank prop rod are options. I’ve never had a bike with self cancelling blinkers but they’re sure nice in my car.

Why are emissions requirements BS? I happen to prefer cleaner air
Seemingly Sixpacks context for calling emissions BS, is the affect on fuel consumption and range. He happens to prefer more of both. As do I and most other riders I imagine.
Want cleaner air?
Sell your bike.

Installed the hump as I call it. The instructions are vague that came in the box. I watched a youtube video and he did explain and show how to do it really well. I could have done it myself, but have to admit, it would have taken longer and I would have removed more plastic plugs than necessary. You can use your fingernail to pull plastic plugs out once you push them in to unlatch them.

Back