PICS OF MY BIKE BEFORE PAINT....

more of the pics without any tape. Getting ready for the Clear coat!!!Almost getting there pic by pic hope your enjoying this as much as we didnt....:D

Busa_Plastics__Blue_White_Painted_050.jpg

::sniff:: ::sniff:: WHATS THAT SMELL?? Oh wait thats just the clear coming, Sorry about the blurrieness. He shot the lense with overspray on my camera:angry:
mad.gif

Busa_Plastics__Blue_White_Painted_053.jpg

more pics of the clear being applied, we only put 2 coats of clear due to the airbrushing. If we wernt going to go back and airbrush it we would have laid about 4 solid coats to completly cover it. Also to help give it that deep crystal clear color look to it...

Busa_Plastics__Blue_White_Painted_054.jpg

more parts with clear... yay clear coat yummie, make sure to wear a mask cause me the camera man didnt. AND I HAVE BEEN DIZZY AND A HEADACHE ALL NIGHT LONG...
rock.gif
rock.gif

Busa_Plastics__Blue_White_Painted_061.jpg

rock.gif

OKAY HERE IS THE TANK, FAIRINGS RIGHT BEFORE WE TURNED THE BAKE BOOTH ONTO BAKE. WE BAKED IT FOR 20 MIN. AT 140 DEGREES.

Busa_Plastics__Blue_White_Painted_057.jpg

OKAY HERE IS THE TANK, FAIRINGS RIGHT BEFORE WE TURNED THE BAKE BOOTH ONTO BAKE. WE BAKED IT FOR 20 MIN. AT 140 DEGREES.
smile.gif
smile.gif

Busa_Plastics__Blue_White_Painted_058.jpg

smile.gif

OKAY HERE IS THE TANK, FAIRINGS RIGHT BEFORE WE TURNED THE BAKE BOOTH ONTO BAKE. WE BAKED IT FOR 20 MIN. AT 140 DEGREES. NOTICE HOW THE WHITE LOOKS DIFF. AT DIFF. ANGLES. THIS IS CAUSE WE PUT 1 EXTRA COAT OF PEARL ON IT TO MAKE IT FLIP A LITTLE MORE... I LOVE THE WAY IT LOOKS, YOU HAVE TO SEE IT ALL IN PERSON TO SEE THE BEAUTY..:)
smile.gif

Busa_Plastics__Blue_White_Painted_059.jpg

OKAY THIS IS IT... THE LAST PIC OF THIS PROCESS. NEXT WE WILL BE GOING THROUGH THE AIRBRUSHING STEPS... IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE ME TO POST LESS...OR MORE... OR ABOUT THE SAME AMOUNT OF PICS PLEASE LET ME KNOW BUT HEY I DID MY BEST HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS FOR NOW... SHOULD BE ANYTIME BEFORE I GET THEM OVER TO THE GUY...STAY TUNED FOR MORE UPDATES... I WILL BE POSTING ASAP TRUST ME. I WANT THIS DONE MORE THAN YOU GUYS DO THANKS FOR LOOKING...
tounge.gif

Busa_Plastics__Blue_White_Painted_062.jpg

Look like it turned out nice.
beerchug.gif
Can't wait to see it finished and in the sun.

We'll be waiting for the airbrush pics next
wink.gif

more parts with clear... yay clear coat yummie, make sure to wear a mask cause me the camera man didnt. AND I HAVE BEEN DIZZY AND A HEADACHE ALL NIGHT LONG...
rock.gif
rock.gif
Ahhhhh... Isocyanate poisoning... Been there, done that, had the headache over the next couple days...
drooling3.gif

Excellent pics, man! Keep 'em comin'... I was gonna do this but I only got as far as preppin' some parts for the busa before I sold 'er. Looks like you've covered the paint process pretty well so far though. Now, get out there in the shop with yer airbrush and camera and get us some more pics!
wink.gif

rock.gif

Looks great!!!! Can't wait to see it done. Nothing like having YOUR OWN busa where you can pull up to a light and not have the same bike next to you
wink.gif
Keep the pictures coming.

03BUSABOY,

Looks good! Keep us updated on your progress until completed. Good to see someone doing something over the winter and sharing it with the rest of us.

Great color choice on the Sonic Blue!
biggrin.gif
That is going to be one sweet looking bike when you get it back together. Maybe I can ride over to Indy this summer sometime and check it out in person.

Keep up the great work and Happy Holiday's!
smile.gif

Josh
cool.gif

That thing is going to look sweet when it's back together! Can't wait to see.

looks like youve done this before
rock.gif
. Hey my plastics will be in the mail tomorrow
cool.gif

Back