Production ZX-12R has arrived.

OB_CanuckBusa

Registered
I was down at my local bikeshop today seeing what new models were in. They just received a silver ZX-12R (I'm in Canada, eh?). So we went and had a look at it in the warehouse. It was still in the crate, therefore not fully assembled, so I couldn't form a strong opinion on the looks. They will be selling the ZX-12 for more than $1000 CDN over the price of the 2000 Busa. Sales guy guesses it will run around 525lbs wet. I have heard dry weights from 464 to 476 (Kawi website) so I would be interested to hear which is right and what the wet weight really is. Omega, is it true that the stock ZX-12R exhaust weighs 30lbs? Also saw a Blue and Silver Busa, which looks AWESOME.

So the delivery delay stories are just that, stories.

Thats what doug meyer of muzzy said so I'm inclined to go along with it. When they get it assembled check out the size of it, its double the diameter of one of the busa's cans. Its definately a boat anchor, got to go.

Omega, I had a look at the stock can. It is enormous. Are you going to keep and blue and silver Busa, or are you considering the 12 still? I'm going to go have a look at the 12 this week. But I doubt I will trade the Busa in for the 12 this year.

That can on the 12 is a monster. I also thought that stamping "TITANIUM" on it was kind of dorky. Why not stamp "ALUMINUM" on the frame, and "PLASTIC" on the tailpiece?

Back