Question for you

Always listen your gut if it feels wrong to you then it is..:thumbsup:

I agree with this (quote)
If it were me, I would have taken her for a ride I think.
If she is not `with` the father, maybe she needs a friend / someone to talk with, and asking for a ride was a way to take her mind off some worries???
I know a ride for me usually clears my mind of other `stuff`.

Many variables possible....not like I live near a Roaring Metropolis.
and did I mention..."of course I`m an excellent driver":laugh: rainman

if it was my wife ya i prob would as its both our responsibilities. if it was someone elses then nope.

It's your ride, your decision who rides.

But, I don't support not giving her a ride because she is prego because something might happen. Being pregnant doesn't increase the chances of an accident. Something might happen everytime you get on the bike.

and who wants to ride with someone kicking you in the back! LOL

All that aside... no ride too many bad things can happen your making the right call

I agree with this (quote)
If it were me, I would have taken her for a ride I think.
If she is not `with` the father, maybe she needs a friend / someone to talk with, and asking for a ride was a way to take her mind off some worries???
I know a ride for me usually clears my mind of other `stuff`.

You can talk to her just find on the ground. I wouldn't want that weighing on my conscience the rest of my life (the child) if something went wrong. Besides the baby daddy might not like it much either (put yourself in HIS shoes); whether they get along or not, that's his child too...Let me guess, you don't have any kids? No offense meant, but once you've had one...it changes everything.

did you have alot to drink about 6 months ago?

but seriously, why would a pregnant lady want to ride on the back of sportbikes anyway. shouldnt' she be home kniting booties or something a bit more productive!

skydivr, I get your point about putting myself in the `fathers` shoes and can appreciate that...something I did not consider.
I just dont see a HUGE risk when I ride..I mean if I did, I probably would not own a motorcycle. Just because I own a sportbike doesn`t mean I have to ride like a crazed lunatic.(all the time:laugh:)
I do appreciate your point of view however, and say that if I were faced with the situation, perhaps my answer would be different because of it.
Thanks for your input.

you control the throttle you are responible for YOU,
when you have two up now you have 2x the reponsibility,

i couldnt imagine 3x. too much pressure to not have a screw up or avoid an oncoming cager

skydivr, I get your point about putting myself in the `fathers` shoes and can appreciate that...something I did not consider.
I just dont see a HUGE risk when I ride..I mean if I did, I probably would not own a motorcycle. Just because I own a sportbike doesn`t mean I have to ride like a crazed lunatic.(all the time:laugh:)
I do appreciate your point of view however, and say that if I were faced with the situation, perhaps my answer would be different because of it.
Thanks for your input.

I'm glad you didn't take what I said wrong. It's just that once you have a child, you will never have a sound night's sleep again....

I had the same situation before, I didnt give her a ride, she got mad at me, but she got over it and understood.

From a woman's (and mother's) point of view...

1) I agree, if you aren't comfortable with it don't do it. If you aren't comfortable, you'll be more jumpy and over-thinking things. Not a good way to be riding.

2) Daily life presents risks to anyone. Pregnancy only increases this because, let's face it, most pregnant women are dealing with more than just the baby - there are rediculous amounts of hormones rampaging through the blood stream, swollen ankles and will a jacket and gear that fits be available?

3) At 6 months I was incredibly ungainly. Most women are in materinity clothes so the act of sitting securely on the pillion seat is going to be challenging. A "baby bump" isn't like a squishy "spare tire". It is where it is and there's no moving it out of the way. Most women don't have arms that long to reach past the baby to hang on or past the baby and the driver brace against the tank to avoid sliding to far forward.

Wait until riding season next year...leave the baby with a sitter and everyone will be more comfortable.

I must have been a bad mother because I rode while pregnant with my first child. :laugh:

But you did the right thing. If you're not comfortable with it then that's that. Give her time, she will get over it.

Back