ROADTOAD's new ride

Good that you are out riding.....

The green goblin looks good...imagine the crowd around the H2 if it was there......

What is the yellow bike in the picture...I don't think I've seen one like that before....?
I actually dont know what it is , but would be learner rider friendly potentially . It looks like a Honda , @WuzzaCBXRider , you might be correct , maybe a 400cc even .
The 1 x H2 is getting work done , the other is waiting to get out for a ride , in bike room . I could of ridden it , but I wanted to get the 14R out , such a nice power plant to enjoy . Next time I take one of the H2 for sure .
They got a pic of my fat ass lmao.

FB_IMG_1725760466353_resized.jpg

I actually dont know what it is , but would be learner rider friendly potentially . It looks like a Honda , @WuzzaCBXRider , you might be correct , maybe a 400cc even .
The 1 x H2 is getting work done , the other is waiting to get out for a ride , in bike room . I could of ridden it , but I wanted to get the 14R out , such a nice power plant to enjoy . Next time I take one of the H2 for sure .
They got a pic of my fat ass lmao.

View attachment 1687210

Found one, it’s a CBR250R, maybe a different year?

IMG_1064.png

How does this happen? Not like Hollister or Laughlin or Srurgis where thousands get together but small(ish) meets like this? Is it that we Americans have too many options, too many other things we can do? I’ve been trying for some time now to arrange some kind of get together and even listed several venues/locations but with little to no response.
A lot of bike riders in Sth Oz , and we always like bike events . I dont get to half of them , but I will try this coming season , and post up for you guys .

A lot of bike riders in Sth Oz , and we always like bike events . I dont get to half of them , but I will try this coming season , and post up for you guys .

When I lived in San Jose in the south SF Bay Area, I’d ride up into the northern Santa Cruz mountains and stop at Alice’s Restaurant, if not to eat, to gaze at all the bikes. There could be dozens and dozens on the weekends. Alice’s was located on a favorite tree lined two lane at the junction of another tree lined two lane that led to the Pacific. Great riding area. No matter where I ride around here I’ve yet to find a local ‘watering hole’ type hangout like Alice’s.

IMG_1065.png

We got Lobethal , a small town in Adelaide Hills that lots of bikers meet up most Sundays . We used to have Mary Lou's motorcycle shop at Strathalbyn , which was great to meet at weekends also , but they sold up .
A lot of riders like going on the south ride down to Victor Harbour , for lunch on weekends . Winter weather will mean less bikes out , but spring and sumner , they will be everywhere . Oh yeah , down Glenelg , the bay , weekends at evening , is ofren packed with bikes and some unique cars .

We got Lobethal , a small town in Adelaide Hills that lots of bikers meet up most Sundays . We used to have Mary Lou's motorcycle shop at Strathalbyn , which was great to meet at weekends also , but they sold up .
A lot of riders like going on the south ride down to Victor Harbour , for lunch on weekends . Winter weather will mean less bikes out , but spring and sumner , they will be everywhere . Oh yeah , down Glenelg , the bay , weekends at evening , is ofren packed with bikes and some unique cars .

Any real elevation to Mount Jagged or Mount Compass? What’s with the name ‘Goolwa’?

IMG_1066.png

Any real elevation to Mount Jagged or Mount Compass? What’s with the name ‘Goolwa’?

View attachment 1687215
Goolwa is an Aboriginal name , it is a small tourist / residential / beach shack / house type town . A great place to visit for food . Victor Harbor is larger town , bigger than all others on southern side of map .
There is a great road that ends up at Victor Harbor , it starts on the bottom left of map , the cut off section , and it begins at Delamere corner store , Coles road which becomes Range road , for 50km to Victor Harbor . It can be quite a run on that road .
Mt Compass got a little elevation , the Mt Jagged I do not know the height , but there is some elevation when you reach that point , leaving Victor , if you go that way . Victor Harbor is where my tuner has his motorcycle dyno business . 100 km from my joint roughly , from Adelaide basically .

Found one, it’s a CBR250R, maybe a different year?

View attachment 1687211
I think it is a late '90s CBR400RR, it has squarish intakes beside the headlights....

Cool little bike......I've never seen one...

Toad, now you have a mission the next time you go to one of these meets....find out what these beasties are......please.....

CBR400.jpg

I took a closer look at that pic of the yellow CBR I posted , and that row of bikes next to it are also small Japanese exotica . We had a bike shop many years ago , called Japanese motor cycle dismantlers in Adelaide . They imported 250 2 stroke and 400cc 4 stroke streetbikes from Japanese market , I am wondering if someone is doing the same thing , somewhere in Oz .

I took a closer look at that pic of the yellow CBR I posted , and that row of bikes next to it are also small Japanese exotica . We had a bike shop many years ago , called Japanese motor cycle dismantlers in Adelaide . They imported 250 2 stroke and 400cc 4 stroke streetbikes from Japanese market , I am wondering if someone is doing the same thing , somewhere in Oz .
The fellow that owned the motorcycle course I worked for (part time on weekends) was some sort of Honda executive and we used older 1985 CBX250s that weren't available to purchase at any Honda shops...he had a few other "unicorn" bikes too that I've never seen anywhere else....

He had around 40 of these and bins and bins of spare parts....they were ok little bikes...

CBX250.jpg

A former colleague who is still serving went to his local Kawasaki dealer to get a new helmet and walked out with a '23 H2 Carbon.....

They had a left over and made him just too good of a deal to pass up......and they wanted his ZX10 as they have a hard time getting them and lots of people on a waiting list....his bike was sold before it even came into the dealership......

He should have fun on that.....

A former colleague who is still serving went to his local Kawasaki dealer to get a new helmet and walked out with a '23 H2 Carbon.....

They had a left over and made him just too good of a deal to pass up......and they wanted his ZX10 as they have a hard time getting them and lots of people on a waiting list....his bike was sold before it even came into the dealership......

He should have fun on that.....
I reckon he will have fun for sure , very desireable . The H2 Carbon features a beautifully constructed top carbon fairing , very expensive piece , well over $8K AU $ to buy that piece from Kawasaki . The bike is the same as my 2023 H2 other than that piece , and of course more $ to buy that version . I know there is a brand new Kawasaki H2 carbon top fairing for sale at the moment in OZ , half price , so far I have been able to resist .... I got a heap of parts coming in for the 2015 H2 , which is unfotunately keeping me broke . I also got notified by my tuner , woolich have now cracked the secret for fueling the 2023 / 24 H2 . So , the 2023 will be off for that update fairly soon , hoping to get results similar to the 2015 H2 power .

I reckon he will have fun for sure , very desireable . The H2 Carbon features a beautifully constructed top carbon fairing , very expensive piece , well over $8K AU $ to buy that piece from Kawasaki . The bike is the same as my 2023 H2 other than that piece , and of course more $ to buy that version . I know there is a brand new Kawasaki H2 carbon top fairing for sale at the moment in OZ , half price , so far I have been able to resist .... I got a heap of parts coming in for the 2015 H2 , which is unfotunately keeping me broke . I also got notified by my tuner , woolich have now cracked the secret for fueling the 2023 / 24 H2 . So , the 2023 will be off for that update fairly soon , hoping to get results similar to the 2015 H2 power .
He didn't exactly say what he paid for it but it was north of $50K (Cdn). He sent his ZX10 to Moore Mafia and plans to send this one when he has it broke in...

This is the advertisement for his bike....they don't even list a price for it as they are probably scared people will run screaming into the night...

Well finally , the Sicom Ceramic rotors have arrived . The ZX14R and i have been waiting on these beauties for a long while , and now they are here . 320mm , full floating t-drive & 660g each . The stock 310mm petal rotors weigh 1260g each and 320mm Brembo T-Drive 1480g each , will have to wait for the 330mm Braketechs removal to get the weight . So ,

View attachment 1682599

a good reduction to unsprung weight and rotating mass , and compared to the heavy 330mm Braketechs , much less gyroscopic effect .
They come with special pads , and the disc run in for maximum effect is given in instruction . I will fit them up by spring .
Did you fit these yet and how do they feel. Did you feel the weight different when riding? How was the stopping power

He didn't exactly say what he paid for it but it was north of $50K (Cdn). He sent his ZX10 to Moore Mafia and plans to send this one when he has it broke in...

This is the advertisement for his bike....they don't even list a price for it as they are probably scared people will run screaming into the night...

Well the price went up for 2024 , the AU list price for base H2 is now 48K , the carbon will be more .
Your mate might of got lucky , the Carbons are generally rare to find sitting in showrooms over here , because they are usually ordered in for customers who pay a 10% non refundable contract deposit .

Did you fit these yet and how do they feel. Did you feel the weight different when riding? How was the stopping power
Not yet bro , but was only talking to a mate the other day , that I am thinking of fitting them very soon . We have just come out of winter , so now spring , and I should be able to ride and test from now on .

Back