Silly Sergeant Major...

You mean the wife's gf, right? Doesn't sound like this guy could get lucky twice...

Posted with my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk.

heh just introduce them all :whistle:

sounds like you are boned though, not a whole lot of winning against a head strong CSM so hopefully it just fades away and you are able to keep it as you have before. If not perhaps the 3 of you can petition for a secure parking location ???

good luck with it :thumbsup:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: You are awesome Saiid

i will after tomorrow if they give me crap about it... I think I am going to have that dude make me up a vinyl sticker...

I moved my trailer to Burger King. Still on base only about a mile away. Parking lot is HUGE and always empty so shouldn't be a problem just for 24 hours. The chick with the boat cant find her keys so she cant move her boat and idk what the other guy is doing. Just have to see how this all goes. I gave in a little and I moved it for the night.... Luckily I have my trailer set up so i cant push it out of the parking spot myself and get it on the hitch and move it. No help necessary and its done fast :beerchug:. 20 mins from start to pulling back into the barracks after dropping the trailer off.

I can't believe you guys can park any of that stuff in your dorm/barracks parking lot. That is a BIG heck no on AF installations.

My guess is the boat is what's got him on a power trip and to keep from singling her out, he is making everyone move stuff. Don't you have a base storage lot where deployed people can park there vehicles?

Good luck but I won't be surprised one bit if they tell you tough luck, go rent a storage lot for your trailer.

The NSN joke is funny, but what is funny to you may not be funny to the SM. Russell, this is the last time I will contribute to this post. I would tread lightly fellow E, do the right thing and head this thing off before it becomes a major problem instead of a minor inconvenience.

As SkyDiver said, most bases have a place where you can store/park trailers, boats, etc.. The last three shore duty stations where I've been assigned had these lots. In fact, on one of those duty stations, a guy had a trailer and kept his bike in it just like you. It was at the barracks parking lot for a week or so and then it was moved to the trailer lot. For the most part, Navy and Marine bases operate the same.

I get you though man! I agree it's stupid. But what are you gonna do? What the Sergeant Major says goes! You know that! Plus those orders may be coming up from higher than him? You know darn well that the reason they don't want those trailers and boats there is so that others won't follow and do the same...causing a cluster puck later on!

I suggest you take the recommendations from those who have been around the block a couple times or else you may find yourself in knee deep of crap! Choose your battles wisely my friend!

I also think it's time to let this thread quietly die (and Russell you may want to ask the mods to remove it); the 2nd worst thing that could happen to you (after trying to buck the CSM) would be that he somehow gets ahold of this thread....and connects it to you....

I also think it's time to let this thread quietly die (and Russell you may want to ask the mods to remove it); the 2nd worst thing that could happen to you (after trying to buck the CSM) would be that he somehow gets ahold of this thread....and connects it to you....

I'm not worried about that at all.

I will only fight this battle until I know it cannot be won, then I will bow out gracefully and do what needs to be done. I will give you guys updates how it goes. I am not risking getting in trouble here :laugh:. I am just going to explain my situation if it is pushed upon me to move the trailer. Usually these things are said and never brought into action as long as no longstanding violations continue. Commands change and people forget.

We do not have any public storage areas on base as far as I know. The trailer will come back tonight. Burger King is about a tenth of a mile from my shop and between my shop and the barracks so it was not a big deal to move it for the day. I will keep it at the barracks until flat out forced to move it. That simple. Its not rebellion per say, there is just no reason for this to happen.

If the sargent major says it you should just do it or you could find yourself not being able to ride it . They still need people in Iraq !

Russell, Take it from a Marine that tried bucking the system and a Captain that was not all there. DO NOT push your luck. Do as told THEN ask questions polite like. This is not worth your career or the headaches that go with it.
Learn from others mistakes and others who have been in both positions.
Push your luck and they can make life hell. Trust me.
But Hey you are a big boy now and a Marine so do what you think is right and play it how you want. But I think you are making a BIG mistake bro.
Hope it works out for you in a positive way

Ok. Good luck Marine.

I know that you...and a few others, have already tried. Sometimes, word are not enough.
Russell, to state the obvious..we all mean well. Best of luck.

P.S. I am guessing your a LCpl or CPL so I highly doubt you'll have an actual showdown with the Regimental SgtMaj. Word gets to him and then it will roll downhill: your Bn SgtMaj to your Co 1stSgt, Co Gunny then Platoon Sgt (I think I still have the Marine Chain-of-Command fresh in my mind). This is potentially the minimum number of people who will feel the heat before you do.

I think you guys got the wrong impression from my level of frustration about this yesterday :laugh:. And because I was frustrated perhaps I came across that I planned on just flatout saying **** you to the guy. :rofl:

Most likely, this will never be heard about again and I will continue to have my trailer here just like I have. They have more important things to worry about at his level, I hope. If it comes up again, then I will worry about pleading my case (respectfully for those of you fearful that I would just take a belligerent stance). I was just angry yesterday. Now it's the weekend and I don't care because I have my busa and will be riding :laugh: unless it comes up again...

I appreciate all the good advice though :beerchug:

hahahaha he guessed your a boot:whistle: oorah devil dog!!!! ERRRRRRRRR.....:lol:

I know that you...and a few others, have already tried. Sometimes, word are not enough.
Russell, to state the obvious..we all mean well. Best of luck.

P.S. I am guessing your a LCpl or CPL so I highly doubt you'll have an actual showdown with the Regimental SgtMaj. Word gets to him and then it will roll downhill: your Bn SgtMaj to your Co 1stSgt, Co Gunny then Platoon Sgt (I think I still have the Marine Chain-of-Command fresh in my mind). This is potentially the minimum number of people who will feel the heat before you do.

Back