StreetShark's Hayabusa

Tiny bit of progress over the last couple days

IMG_4043.JPG

IMG_4045.JPG

IMG_4046.JPG

IMG_4028.JPG

Since I went to the DME subframe, and removed the passenger pegs, I needed to come up with a new license plate solution. I didnt mind the plate off to the side but I prefer them centered on the tail. First I tried a cheap universal billet piece from ebay, and I actually liked it a lot but it doesnt fit now that my bike is lowered. So then, I made myself a Competition Werkes style tail tidy. Well that lasted about a day. It was kind of flimsy and I lost it this morning on my way home. Retraced my path and could not find the plate anywhere, so that was fun...

Ended up reusing the bike side mount and adding some thin rod and cut a new plate side mount. Welded it up and I'm kinda pleased with how it looks. It's a little crude and I'm not a good welder, but all things considered, I don't think it's too bad. Sandblasted it and Cerakote black this afternoon. I'll get some pics of the completed piece on the bike once I get it mounted for good.

IMG_8508.jpg

IMG_8507.jpg

IMG_8506.jpg

Thanks! I still have some tweaks I want to make to the bike, and my launch needs some work. That’s where I’m losing the most time. Just going to keep going faster!
....and I believe you will....always great to also have the buy in of the wife who looks like she is supportive of your insanity....

....and I believe you will....always great to also have the buy in of the wife who looks like she is supportive of your insanity....
Absolutely! She was SUPER nervous for my first pass (she makes herself sick from worrying about things) but once she saw what I was running compared to the other Busas there, which all had way more drag modifications than me, and some 1441 bikes, she was all into it

Back