**The OFFICIAL TEAM GIXXER smacktalk thread**

Hey Keith, no.

I'm sure that's what you told your employer - so you won't mind if I send them a video of you next month at the track? :)

Hey Charlie: Talk to Tuf about why that infrared temp tester is not reliable and how/where to get one that will give an accurate temp reading......

I'm sure that's what you told your employer - so you won't mind if I send them a video of you next month at the track? :)

Hey Charlie: Talk to Tuf about why that infrared temp tester is not reliable and how/where to get one that will give an accurate temp reading......

Are the quality temp guns only the ones Tuf says are good??? Cuz I remember you using that gun this weekend :laugh:

Are the quality temp guns only the ones Tuf says are good??? Cuz I remember you using that gun this weekend :laugh:

That's before I found out that they are unreliable for an accurate measurement....I didn't use the temp to set my air pressure. I set my air pressure based on the recommendations of Dunlop and RTS (and looking at what the tire was doing). What Charlie is doing is using the Temp to set the air pressure. If that gauge is not very accurate, then the air pressure might be also, effecting performance. Given the little data we have on Q3's, it's worth looking into/considering...

The recommendation isn't to use ANY gun, but to use an actual PROBE instead.

A few pics for your viewing enjoyment..I love this sequence of close following Jay I look almost as good as he does!

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Me and Charlie..and the real difference between Jay and I in riding position...

Capture5.JPG

Capture4.JPG

A few more of me, I think that first one is my fav for the weekend...

Capture6.JPG

Capture7.JPG

Capture13.JPG

And, if anyone wants to know who is the fastest "not-currently a Pro" guy out there, it's this guy, David Grey (Sportbike Tire Service). I was able to at least watch him in about 4 turns before he got out of sight. Pics for Comparison purposes.

And, lastly, I KNEW I saw someone get their elbow down!!!

Capture9.JPG

Capture10.JPG

Capture11.JPG

Capture12.JPG

Capture8.JPG

Finally, here is the one video I shot all weekend. It's of Jay's dad Jimmy, and our own .org member BUSADAD50 (edit) (aka Ajay), both riding in Novice. Ajay, it was great to meet you, hope to see you at the track again soon, you made a LOT of progress AFTER this video was shot buy using your momentum to carry to the outside of the turn using all the track, and staying in a lower gear so you could gas it on the straights. Congrats!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta love Keith and his commentary. We are just trying to stay upright, and Keith is doing hand signals

It's all perspective Trey: This Spring, I was out there giving it all I have, and Jason Disalvo passes me, and in the turn sits up and looks over his shoulder with one hand on the bars....epic...

Here's a vid from an new A rider (check out the RPM's he's turning); he needs to learn clutchless upshifting...as I am trying to also...

I pass him at the 7:50 Mark, please watch what happens at the 9:02 Mark (would make me have to clean the crap out of my leathers)...

Here's a vid from an new A rider (check out the RPM's he's turning); he needs to learn clutchless upshifting...as I am trying to also...

I pass him at the 7:50 Mark, please watch what happens at the 9:02 Mark (would make me have to clean the crap out of my leathers)...

That's what 600's do man - They REV!!! I too started clutchless upshifting in the session that I crashed. I really liked it!

My buddy Mitch got my wreck on video.

Back