**The OFFICIAL TEAM GIXXER smacktalk thread**

Well...the rain cleared by afternoon and things were going pretty good, until a rider in A blew his engine in turn 2-3...and crashed him and six other bikes behind him in the resulting oil spill...that took about an hour + to clean up and left a big oil dry spot in the middle of the line..still went ok rest of day looking forward to tomorrow!

Well...the rain cleared by afternoon and things were going pretty good, until a rider in A blew his engine in turn 2-3...and crashed him and six other bikes behind him in the resulting oil spill...that took about an hour + to clean up and left a big oil dry spot in the middle of the line..still went ok rest of day looking forward to tomorrow!

That sucks.
Really sucks to be "that guy".
And really really sucks to be those guys behind him.
Everyone okay?
Hopefully those bikes were able to get back out.

Yes sir we all know about it.

Sunday was a lot better day weather wise; it was cold in the AM but it cleared nicely. Intermediate was a crash-fest (starting from the first session with 3 bikes down with cold tires, and a red flag in almost every session), but A did pretty good considering it was full. I got bumped into for the first time - survived but had to wash my leathers out - it pissed me off so much I got mad and ran too fast but chased the guy down and passed him in two separate sessions for good measure (made SURE he saw my EAT ME undertail sticker)..

Then, in the last session, I got REAL STUPId with Jay; in the back straight at the checkered, I passed him and spanked my butt for fun, however, I did it with my BRAKE hand, then ran off the approaching turn (got thru it and survived, and he passed me back and spanked his azz in revenge); it would have been pretty funny if it wasn't for the good chance of me crashing IN THE LAST TURN ON THE LAST DAY of the season...it was a 'facepalm' moment...

What a great season guys :)

Videos of the oil spill that took out six bikes...thank goodness Jay was pitted and I was on the other side of the track at the time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, was a good year all things considered. Two bikes down this year and barely a scratch from either. Looking to a great 2014 season now!

Another great track year!
Only real street riding I did was Eureka Springs trip.
track bike is on the stands for at least 6 months...see ya all next spring!
Wonder what 2014 has in store?? :-D

DiverMan, are you telling us that you took the "Redneck Tour" on the last lap of the final session of the season?

Hell, that's nothing special, Rednecks have been doing that for years!

We are all proud of you for representing your kin! :cheerleader:

Oh man what an awesome weekend to end the season on!! I had an absolute blast! I managed to keep the bike upright while throwing down a few good laps also.. The last session of the weekend was by far the most fun dicing it up with Keith... THEN he decided to run off track TRYING to spank his hiney which was ICING ON THE CAKE...

I was VERY reserved coming onto throttle out of corners worried about my tires slipping again, but managed it ok.. I can say that if given the choice to run Q2's or Q3's, I would choose the Q2's simply because I have way more GREAT experience on them. I guess since I crashed I couldn't get 100% comfortable with the Q3's..I can't wait to get into some slicks next year and really see what I can do

Oh and Keith, I went back and checked my lap timer and my 1:39.1 was not asssociated with a lap that the timer messed up and only counted a few seconds.. There was a full lap in between... With THAT being said, EAT ME!!! :moon: :rofl:

IMAG0109_zps8db9d0a1.jpg

Is it 2014 yet?!?!?!?

Well pictures are up.. They took shots from a few different angles this time.. There weren't as many as I thought there would be, probably because they were too busy shooting the guys blazing past me :laugh:

Felt pretty good with my body position but still needs to be better, especially the left side.

My favorite part about the pics is that you simply cannot tell I have duct tape and crappy spray paint patch job on the right side of the bike... She is a solid 20 footer :laugh:

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

6.PNG

Looking great guys! Jay, new leathers and lid? Looks great. :D

The lid was a birthday gift and I have had the suit since about June and worn a few times now. Unfortunately the suit has already been crash tested and repaired :down:

Side note, Charlie wore Keith's old Astars suit on Saturday (in pics above) and looked like a true racer out there :thumbsup:

Two seasons of track riding have been tough on my little trailer...off season has me

New wall paint
New floor paint
Nice Raxx - Pit Bull stand mounts
Adding 30 amp service for two sets of warmers
Interior Lighting
Interior benches for changing
PVC Helmet stand
PVC Spare tire stand

Pics as they get done, right now it just looks like this.

20131228_190111_zps894d444a.jpg

For those that care Feb dates at Nola are coming up quick!

February 1-2: NOLA Motorsports Park, Avondale, LA
March 8-9: Barber Motorsports Park, Leeds, AL
March 29-30: Virginia International Raceway (North), Alton, VA**
April 5-6: Barber Motorsports Park, Leeds, AL
April 12-13: NCBike, Garysburg, NC**
April 19-20: Grattan Raceway, Belding, MI
April 26-27: Gingerman Raceway, South Haven, MI
May 2: Grattan Raceway, Belding, MI (pro school)
May 3-4: NOLA Motorsports Park, Avondale, LA
May 10-11: Grattan Raceway, Belding, MI
May 16: Gingerman Raceway, South Haven, MI*
May 17-18: Barber Motorsports Park, Leeds, AL
May 24-26: Autobahn Country Club (North/South/Full), Joliet, IL
May 24-26: NCBike, Garysburg, NC**
May 31-June1: Carolina Motorsports Park, Kershaw, SC
June 2-3: Road America, Elkhart Lake, WI
June 7-8: Grattan Raceway, Belding, MI
June 13: Gingerman Raceway, South Haven, MI*
June 14-15: Autobahn Country Club (North), Joliet, IL
June 14-15: NOLA Motorsports Park, Avondale, LA
June 28-29: Talladega Gran Prix Raceway, Munford, AL
July 3-4: Road America, Elkhart Lake, WI
July 4: Ladies First - Grattan Raceway, Belding, MI
July 5-6: Grattan Raceway, Belding, MI
July 12-13: Carolina Motorsports Park, Kershaw, SC
July 18: Gingerman Raceway, South Haven, MI*
July 19-20: Putnam Park, Greencastle, IN
July 26-27: Grattan Raceway, Belding, MI
July 26-27: Talladega Gran Prix Raceway, Munford, AL
August 1: Gingerman Raceway, South Haven, MI*
August 2-3: Autobahn Country Club (North), Joliet, IL
August 2-4: Virginia International Raceway (South/South/North), Alton, VA**
August 11: Autobahn Country Club (North), Joliet, IL (Motoworks Chicago - Moto Monday)
August 16-18: Gingerman Raceway, South Haven, MI (3 Day Trackfest)
August 16-17: Road Atlanta, Braselton, GA
August 23-24: Putnam Park, Greencastle, IN
August 23-24: Barber Motorsports Park, Leeds, AL
Aug 30-Sept 1: Autobahn Country Club (North/South/Full), Joliet, IL
September 5: Gingerman Raceway, South Haven, MI*
September 6-7: Grattan Raceway, Belding, MI
September 6-7: NCBike, Garysburg, NC**
September 13-14: NOLA Motorsports Park, Avondale, LA
September 20-21: Grattan Raceway, Belding, MI
September 27-28: Autobahn Country Club (North), Joliet, IL
September 27-28: Barber Motorsports Park, Leeds, AL
October 11-12: Grattan Raceway, Belding, MI
October 18-19: Barber Motorsports Park, Leeds, AL
November 1-2: NOLA Motorsports Park, Avondale, LA
November 8-9: Road Atlanta, Braselton, GA
December 13-14: Jennings Gran Prix, Jennings, FL

Was really nice to see this thread in the "new posts" section after a full two-month hiatus....Think during the huge "Barber break" in 2014 we need to road trip up to Road America.... :)

I ordered new fork seals and fluid last week from Honda East.. and got my bike back from the recall..Charlie you gonna help me with this??

Back