Who Rode Today?

B4725D73-6A8F-432C-B996-FCCD60D41495.jpeg

77 miles today after the terrible weather. It was nice . Loaded tools ,and fixed my brothers plumbing, a dried out the wall from the water damage. View attachment 1632416View attachment 1632417View attachment 1632418View attachment 1632419View attachment 1632420View attachment 1632421
I heard all about the Texas weather snow storm event on the US independent news media webcasts I go to regularly . . you guys had it rough, the power grid was very very close to crashing altogether!!
I heard the power price per KwH was increased 10,000% !!! that means charging a Tesla EV would cost $900 !!!! is this correct info Bryan? I mean, the guys that were saying this sounded credible but . . . far out, that sounds unbelievable. They also said that the Texas power grid is a stand alone system, not hooked up to the rest of the US power grid, so could not feed power into the TX grid, all the nnatural gas was frozen in the pipes, all the wind turbines were frozen solid, solar panels not working either . . . wow.
What do you know of all this?
True . . or fake news?

I went riding yesterday and today, perfect weather, warm sand sunny, light winds... hit the mountains yesterday and just went to a couple of pubs on the peninsula today.
Had a blast, bike is running well and no problems whatsoever.. even the traffic was well behaved and no cops to bother us either lol.

CA5CCCCC-7E32-4D8D-B66B-A30041F5A608.jpeg

539BBDF6-1C9C-406A-8441-45EAD553CC91.jpeg

6C31F7EB-986C-486E-A398-E5903659A8C4.jpeg

EC8C37EC-AC5A-4C31-B277-4EE7C57DB933.jpeg

B684ADAC-BC97-4CA5-8DD1-46C2A27B86EB.jpeg

91EC6F95-693C-41EF-9A9E-C632E483FC6D.jpeg

789A20A4-1275-4BE9-BC1E-5B69E64C7B56.jpeg

I went riding yesterday and today, perfect weather, warm sand sunny, light winds... hit the mountains yesterday and just went to a couple of pubs on the peninsula today.
Had a blast, bike is running well and no problems whatsoever.. even the traffic was well behaved and no cops to bother us either lol.

View attachment 1632424

View attachment 1632425

View attachment 1632426

View attachment 1632427

View attachment 1632428

View attachment 1632429

View attachment 1632430
Do you ever get any front end lift with that sail on the back?

@Kiwi Rider We are standalone grid . Natural gas is Texas we produce more of it than anywhere else , but we sell much of it out of state . The high bills are true for certain people who have a market driven provider . as demand is low you pay nothing , but high demand its goes off the charts . This was a persons own fault for choosing such a plan. WE have a a deregulated power market . 15 cents a kilowatt avg , but as demand went crazy it was 1000 per kilowatt hour .
Now solar power . Our wind mills do not have heated blades like northern wind farms . Solar covered by snow you get now power .
Much finger pointing going on here , but this is due to no one ever expecting a event like this .
Also on a power plan if you chose your power to come from renewable resources ( wind / solar ) and they are not online with todays Smart meters you can be shut off remotely .
Greg truthfully many problems are or were created by people not being prepared . Sure losing power for days is hard to plan , but there was many days warning to insulate everything , and prepare !
Our hardware stores are total disaster for plumbing right now . I had to reuse old fittings , and borrow solder / tin flux from my neighbor Air conditioner owner to repair my brothers home . everything sold out .

@Kiwi Rider We are standalone grid . Natural gas is Texas we produce more of it than anywhere else , but we sell much of it out of state . The high bills are true for certain people who have a market driven provider . as demand is low you pay nothing , but high demand its goes off the charts . This was a persons own fault for choosing such a plan. WE have a a deregulated power market . 15 cents a kilowatt avg , but as demand went crazy it was 1000 per kilowatt hour .
Now solar power . Our wind mills do not have heated blades like northern wind farms . Solar covered by snow you get now power .
Much finger pointing going on here , but this is due to no one ever expecting a event like this .
Also on a power plan if you chose your power to come from renewable resources ( wind / solar ) and they are not online with todays Smart meters you can be shut off remotely .
Greg truthfully many problems are or were created by people not being prepared . Sure losing power for days is hard to plan , but there was many days warning to insulate everything , and prepare !
Our hardware stores are total disaster for plumbing right now . I had to reuse old fittings , and borrow solder / tin flux from my neighbor Air conditioner owner to repair my brothers home . everything sold out .
Hi. Up here in Ma. our house is solar and wind powered. our heat is 100% wood from our back yard. We also have a diesel generator if we need it or if we need to work out in the woods , out truck is also diesel and our tractor and wood chipper and we have them set up to run on cooking oil too.

Do you ever get any front end lift with that sail on the back?
Bill, that ain’t a sail.... and you ain’t no sailor... coz if you were you’d know that!
That my friend is what you call a ‘wind brake’ or... ‘speed limiter’ in certain racing terms.
It helps me to keep no more than 100kmh above the speed limit, basically keeps the cops off my back coz it’s tricky to get over 200kmh with it in place.
There. You have now been schooled.
:poke:

Got in 168 Smiles on the Z today @ 46+ mpg. Rode in and out five counties ending up climbing the Golden Chain hiway. I detailed the bike yesterday including a minor chain adjustment and it’s always nice to ride a clean bike. Too bad the (clean) doesn’t last long. :D This bridge is @ Bagby, which used to be a lil town when they were hunting coarse gold. The river is the lowest I’ve ever seen. Pardon my thumb. :laugh:
329CC384-BD58-4B99-879B-1674212D191B.jpeg
A94266AF-EC22-435E-BD1C-DC8C3CDA6A68.jpeg
A47DF583-CF95-4C7E-8B03-CFC097150877.jpeg

B16AAC9C-B940-46EA-A06C-6E311E634E45.jpeg

Got in 168 Smiles on the Z today @ 46+ mpg. Rode in and out five counties ending up climbing the Golden Chain hiway. I detailed the bike yesterday including a minor chain adjustment and it’s always nice to ride a clean bike. Too bad the (clean) doesn’t last long. :D This bridge is @ Bagby, which used to be a lil town when they were hunting coarse gold. The river is the lowest I’ve ever seen. Pardon my thumb. :laugh: View attachment 1632479View attachment 1632480View attachment 1632481

View attachment 1632482
Hey don't be messin with the fine phots by finger fudging :)

Back