Who Rode Today?

My son came over so we rode around 160 miles over the Golden Chain hiway. Heading out tomorrow for the tall and uncut in the King's Canyon/Sequoia NPs SE of here, about a 275 mile loop. Supposed to be 54 up high but 100 when we descend back to almost sea level. Gonna be a hot afternoon.View attachment 1635968View attachment 1635969
How'd your son come out so handsome??

How'd your son come out so handsome??

Must come from their mother’s side, my daughter too.
0968F5A3-AFCB-4125-A3E1-82E9DCBBF923.jpg

Pounding out some miles . Still 35 miles from home . Sitting @ 28x ,and made some video in high resolution on the go pro. I'll need to edit it together but should be nice . Off road and on road . BEER COOLER @ 31 degrees was nice to chill for a few minutes. Can am was easy fix.
Met CHris a Sargent @ arms retired Army on the super tenere. .
20210531_130524.jpg
20210531_115307.jpg
20210531_132946.jpg
20210531_113424.jpg
20210531_113402.jpg
20210531_115251.jpg
Screenshot_20210531-115016_Maps.jpg
20210531_144946.jpg
20210531_144832.jpg
20210531_110812.jpg
20210531_105429.jpg

Our ride yesterday was tiring and hot. Waaaay too much traffic in the parks so every pic I wanted to try was filled with tourists. 71 was the high above 6,000’ but as we came down it got to be 97! Great ride though, switching between the bikes. Both ran perfectly. Met a LD rider from Delaware on his BMW. He said these were his 2nd set of tires and that he would get his 3rd set in Salt Lake City when he passes thru there on his way back in a couple weeks.
02D5EB7D-B98B-461C-8060-300B5CA05915.jpeg
D658C66C-E2D5-4FE1-8F1E-8C37222F5FB6.jpeg
A46B9BBF-903F-4AA3-99F6-2E96566F268F.jpeg
6598705F-B5D3-4B32-BC4D-3FC52DBCF2FA.jpeg
89CDFF83-DF82-44F2-BEE8-C78B2B79A505.jpeg

Our ride yesterday was tiring and hot. Waaaay too much traffic in the parks so every pic I wanted to try was filled with tourists. 71 was the high above 6,000’ but as we came down it got to be 97! Great ride though, switching between the bikes. Both ran perfectly. Met a LD rider from Delaware on his BMW. He said these were his 2nd set of tires and that he would get his 3rd set in Salt Lake City when he passes thru there on his way back in a couple weeks.View attachment 1636011View attachment 1636012View attachment 1636013View attachment 1636014View attachment 1636015
I have a picture somewhere of me in full leathers in front of those trees in parking area

I have a picture somewhere of me in full leathers in front of those trees in parking area

Nice. What year was that? They’re on the King's Canyon side of the two parks, hiway 180 east from Fresno. 198, on the other side into the Sequoia park from the Visalia and Three Rivers area has dozens of 10 mph 1st gear hairpins that zig zag up the mountain side and are a real PITA. Bikes can’t hardly go that slow! :laugh: Wanted to see the big one, the General Sherman tree but it involves some walking and my old crash knee just won’t let me go too far anymore especially in boots and other gear. Lots to see anyway and I’m quite thankful to have these jewels of nature so close by.
BFC72923-9E38-4531-BF68-7C703805509B.jpg
44C625B0-F638-4337-95F6-627709C6F8F1.jpg
E4BAFA05-A6EE-4559-BBA1-643A549848EA.jpg

Nice. What year was that? They’re on the King's Canyon side of the two parks, hiway 180 east from Fresno. 198, on the other side into the Sequoia park from the Visalia and Three Rivers area has dozens of 10 mph 1st gear hairpins that zig zag up the mountain side and are a real PITA. Bikes can’t hardly go that slow! :laugh: Wanted to see the big one, the General Sherman tree but it involves some walking and my old crash knee just won’t let me go too far anymore especially in boots and other gear. Lots to see anyway and I’m quite thankful to have these jewels of nature so close by.View attachment 1636022View attachment 1636023View attachment 1636024
January 2009 on a borrowed ZRX1100 . I picked up a customers ZX12 out of Oakland , and stayed with a ZRX member for a day . The photos are on photo bucket , and i'm not paying for them anymore so lost in space .

How are you liking the new Kat? Sure looks good.

I like it quite a lot. It's a bit snatchy in the off-idle fueling as many new bikes are but it's not too distracting when you're out and about. It's incredibly comfortable bars- and pegs-wise, but I could use an extra inch or two on the seat before it kicks up for the passenger portion... it's a tall(ish) guy thing probably.

And now that the awful factory license plate hangar is off the swingarm, it looks as good to me as my old original Kats did.

Could be some deals out there on them as they're not selling well at all. My dealer-owner friend says that there are over 90 unsold 2020s in Canada, he still has the only one he ordered collecting dust in his showroom. Yeah, I bought mine from a different shop.... he knows and doesn't care. ;) I'm sure the tiny 12L fuel tank puts most people off but for me it's not an issue. I don't go far on it anyway, longer trips would be on my 'Busa and we all know how far those go on a full tank! As an only bike it might be a problem but what kind of weirdo only owns one bike?? :p

I like it quite a lot. It's a bit snatchy in the off-idle fueling as many new bikes are but it's not too distracting when you're out and about. It's incredibly comfortable bars- and pegs-wise, but I could use an extra inch or two on the seat before it kicks up for the passenger portion... it's a tall(ish) guy thing probably.

And now that the awful factory license plate hangar is off the swingarm, it looks as good to me as my old original Kats did.

Could be some deals out there on them as they're not selling well at all. My dealer-owner friend says that there are over 90 unsold 2020s in Canada, he still has the only one he ordered collecting dust in his showroom. Yeah, I bought mine from a different shop.... he knows and doesn't care. ;) I'm sure the tiny 12L fuel tank puts most people off but for me it's not an issue. I don't go far on it anyway, longer trips would be on my 'Busa and we all know how far those go on a full tank! As an only bike it might be a problem but what kind of weirdo only owns one bike?? :p
I guess I'm that 'weirdo' and love it....I am so over owning several bikes at a time and having to sort out all that maintenance....

A 12L tank? That's ridiculous..

Went out for a wee ride on the back roads....a black Acura came barreling up behind me and tailgated me trying to push me into running him...when that failed he pulled beside me in the other lane and motioned for me to run....

I got on the brakes to let him go ahead and he flipped me off then took off in a cloud of smoke...

I decided I have had enough of these clowns so I pulled off and called the police. I gave them a description of the car, the driver and the license plate.

The cop I talked to knew the car and driver well as he's a habitual traffic offender...the cop was also really surprised the guy tried to run my bike as the cop rides a GSXR and would not want to run a Hayabusa.

I got a call from the cop a few minutes ago and they stopped the guy who had no insurance, expired tags and they got him for a loud exhaust and illegal window tint. They couldn't do anything for his trying to initiate a race as they weren't there and I didn't have it on video...

Went out for a wee ride on the back roads....a black Acura came barreling up behind me and tailgated me trying to push me into running him...when that failed he pulled beside me in the other lane and motioned for me to run....

I got on the brakes to let him go ahead and he flipped me off then took off in a cloud of smoke...

I decided I have had enough of these clowns so I pulled off and called the police. I gave them a description of the car, the driver and the license plate.

The cop I talked to knew the car and driver well as he's a habitual traffic offender...the cop was also really surprised the guy tried to run my bike as the cop rides a GSXR and would not want to run a Hayabusa.

I got a call from the cop a few minutes ago and they stopped the guy who had no insurance, expired tags and they got him for a loud exhaust and illegal window tint. They couldn't do anything for his trying to initiate a race as they weren't there and I didn't have it on video...
I once had a base model charger trying to get me to race. Busa had a touring set up (saddle bags, tail bag), i was doing the speed limit in the middle lane and he kept passing me and breaking. Annoying, but i eventually just got in the right lane and let him do his thing.

Pounding out some miles . Still 35 miles from home . Sitting @ 28x ,and made some video in high resolution on the go pro. I'll need to edit it together but should be nice . Off road and on road . BEER COOLER @ 31 degrees was nice to chill for a few minutes. Can am was easy fix.
Met CHris a Sargent @ arms retired Army on the super tenere. .View attachment 1635999View attachment 1636000View attachment 1636001View attachment 1636002View attachment 1636003View attachment 1636004View attachment 1636005View attachment 1636006View attachment 1636007View attachment 1636008View attachment 1636009
I've used the "beer cave"trick to cool off a few times on hot rides. Guys at the register look at you kind of funny when you and a buddy are just standing in there for about 15 mins then come out and grab a coke to drink instead of a beer :laugh: :laugh:

200.gif
:poke::poke: I definitely don't approve of the tailgating part but I get these kinds all the time and either I end up making them feel stupid or I just laugh and and shake my head no at em and they go on and leave me alone.

I once had a base model charger trying to get me to race. Busa had a touring set up (saddle bags, tail bag), i was doing the speed limit in the middle lane and he kept passing me and breaking. Annoying, but i eventually just got in the right lane and let him do his thing.
Where I live near Detroit seems like everyone has a charger or challenger and think their hellcats or scat packs are fast and always wanna race, best part was one of the guys that did this got left by one of our guys that was on a clapped out gixxer 600 and we happened to see him a few mins later at the gas station. He came up asking which one of us had just done that to his obscenely expensive car and when we all pointed at the bike and told him the kid had about 1200 dollars into to beat him that bad he looked like he wanted to cry:laugh:

Back