Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trans. Went Out, Had To Pay To Have Repaired

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Howabusa

Registered
I buying a new 2006 Hayabusa soon. I'm wondering how many of you with 2006s have had 2nd go out. If it did go out did Suzuki fix the problem under warranty. I'm trying to see if this is an isolated problem or something that is common on the 2006s. Thanks

I have had mine pop back out while changing gears, but not while in gear.
Sloppyness on my part?

I've got nearly 9K on my bike and I have pushed the bike and I have missed second and sixth gears, but my bikes fine. From what I have read Suzuki doesn't fix. I'm confident that this is a case by case situation and that the mechs can pull down your riding style from the ECM. Anyway my dealer has stated that they cover everything under warranty. I've had my headlight assembly replaced. I felt that the dealer held me responsible but still covered it.

IMHO most of the tranny issues are rider induced, and occur at the strip when shifting from 1st to 2nd without using the clutch. beerchug.gif

If you think it's a issue make the dealer put it in WRITING that you have a full warranty and regardless what suzuki does it will be fixed..dealer will find a way to fix it if it comes back out of suzuki's pocket believe that...

The few 2nd gear problems are not related by year. 2006 isn't any more suspectable than a 2001.

I have 50,000miles on my '02, no problems. I've always used the clutch from 1st to 2nd.

IMHO the Busa is an engineering feat, and cheap. It has a minor headlighr and tranny problem. You''ll outrun the factory headlight setting quick at night and second gear isn't undercut so you need to use the clutch because of the azz load of torque this bike produces out of the crate and the distance from 1st to 2nd. Buy it and become addicted. beerchug.gif

Oh yeah, lay all the azz you can across the tank when you do, because you can't keep the front wheel on the ground. I can't even get a decent rear tire hookup in colder weather. But then again I like it when the azz kicks out in second. SHOCKED.gif

Do a search on this topic. Lots of comments about 2nd gear. I have 06 and had a couple instances during break in and once around 3,000 miles. It is fine now. I think it has alot to do with the oil used. The cheap break in crap they have in the bike and if you use oil other than synthetics too.

I've put only 500 miles on the 06 I bot in January with 680 on the clock. Keepin my fingers crossed!!

Bruh, search 2nd Gear problems! I have a 02 and when I'm in second around 4-5000 rpm/60-70 MPH the bike jumps like it wants me to switch gears. I'm still riding with 15000 miles!

Picture_004.jpg

I cant speak for everyone with an 06 ... But i am finding that this second gear problem is mostly in the 06 LE... I have an 06 LE and as we speak it is in the shop for the Second time with the problem of second gear jumping in and out.. the dealer tried to say it was My riding the first time but changed their tune and warrantied the bike (after some serious B*tching).. i get the bike home and BAM its the same problem again after they "fixed" the problem that my riding "caused"... Ive had a 02 (crashed)12k miles and a 04LE (stolen)18k miles and I BEAT THE PISS out of those bikes without any problems.. clutchless shifts & 130+mph every time i got on the damn things ! now i get the 06LE and i realized theres more to life than killing myself on a BUSA and take it easy on this one .. and it Craps out on me.. Maybe i shouldnt have BABIED it.. and beat the snot out of it .. maybe then i wouldnt feel so bad about it

My bike is getting repaired now. Replace a bent shift fork. I spoke to him about "under cutting" and he told me that wasn't the best fix for this problem. He has ordered replacement parts OEM but is putting in a set of billet shift shafts and a Factory Pro Shift star set. Said it would rock after he was done. he also is replacing the bearings and brushing. Hell with the new clutch I put in and all this the bike only has 11,800 miles on it it should run like new now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back