Votes: 174 100.0%
  • Trans. Went Out, Fixed Under Warranty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trans. Went Out, Had To Pay To Have Repaired

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
11.5k miles on my 06 so far and no problems on the 1-2 shift but sometimes I have trouble with the 5-6 shift under power.

That's with a CO2 shifter and a 50 shot - I've run over thirty pounds of N20 through this bike as well. If it blows up on the way home today I still won't blame the bike.

+1 on other brands having the same trouble. My 03 954RR lost fourth at 10k miles.

12792 on my '06 since September. I fugg up 1-2 and 5-6 occassionally, but the tranny is still there all_coholic.gif

(dadofthree @ May 17 2007,10:52) 12792 on my '06 since September. I fugg up 1-2 and 5-6 occassionally, but the tranny is still there  all_coholic.gif
Dang DO3, you've ridden even more miles than me.

How do you do all that riding AND post 9 million posts a week on this board? laugh.gif

Had many problems with tranny from the first mile on my 06. had entire tranny redone twice. Still not working at all. Ended up getting a extended warrenty for free, all repairs coverd by suzuki, but after stealership had opend up the tranny at least 7 other times to replace one or 2 parts at a time, got a 07 for 600$ + trade. Love the 07 no problems

Well I can say now that mine has started the 2nd gear slip under heavey acceleration. I have an 03 AE and I don't blame Suzuki or the bike it is just what it is unfortunately. I will tear into it myself and ahve the gears undercut and replace the shift forks and move on. now if I had a brand new bike and had this problem I would be pretty pi$$ed off but with it being 4yrs old and having 12K on the ODO I don't feel that suzuki was the cause of my issues.

well i fianlly got my bike to quit leaking oil last week from them taking my bike apart to change the trans....found out they cracked my case when they pulled it apart and had it welded from the inside and jb welded on the outside.... sad.gif

My 04 has about 24k miles on it & my 2nd gear sounds like it slips out but then catches again after a sec around 7-10rpm. If I take it easy in 2nd gear, it wont do it.

I have a 2006 Busa with almost 19,000 miles on it. I bought it new and I have had second gear go out (bent shift fork) at about 8500 miles and less than a year old. Suzuki would not warranty it. I had to pay for the repair myself. Now at almost 19,000 it is starting to do the exact same thing. I don't abuse this bike. It is my daily commuter. The dealer where I bought it said that they should be able to get the extended warranty company to pay for the repair this time. We'll see. I am going to have billet shift fork shafts put in and have 1st and 2nd gear dogs undercut.

25,000 Km.s here.

IMO, from first to second gear, the bike shifts like a farm tractor, on steroids.

4000-5000 rpm shifting with the clutch and mild acceleration is what it takes to preserve the trans.

Simply, the gear ratio from first to second is too agressive. First gear spinning almost 70% of a full turn before catching second. Compared to 41% of a full turn second to third and 24% third to fourth. 14% fourth to fifth. And finally 9% fifth to sixth.

And....just like a farm tractor, don't force it. Just be firm, and if you miss...
...you gotta just about stop, and start again.

The ratios appear to be unchanged for 08, so care needs to be taken.

The purpose of this ratio is to allow this "Sport Tourer" to be able to navigate around confined space like parking lots and alike, without fear of the bike "Chugging and stalling".

Then once you hit the street, click into second away you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back