Clean bike showing all my mods

long live the rat bike.:laugh:

Big ass rat!

PS. Saw this shirt today, thought it was great:
shirt.jpg

Your time, patience, and creativity are well expressed! I would like to know where you got your plastics. They look similar to a set I've seen continually offered on ebay. If so, are these the aftermarket set from China? And (another 'If so...') how was the detail in fitting them to your bike? Good job and congrats on a sweet build! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Your time, patience, and creativity are well expressed! I would like to know where you got your plastics. They look similar to a set I've seen continually offered on ebay. If so, are these the aftermarket set from China? And (another 'If so...') how was the detail in fitting them to your bike? Good job and congrats on a sweet build! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Thanks for the good word.
The bike actually came with these fairings, and yes, they are the same ones that are offered continuously on eBay. I've removed and re-fitted them probably 30 times already so I'm intimately familiar with them by this time! Their fit is OK, not as good as OEM, but good enough to get them on the bike and looking good without resorting to crazy stuff. Their finish is actually pretty good, the only suggestion I have is that you make sure you have heat shielding everywhere it's needed. Mine do not and it's messing with the paint in places.

If this is an indication, after dealing with these, I'm actually intending on getting a full set for one of my other bikes.

Here is the pinout that I am currently using and that seems to be working 100% except that the fuel lamp function is flipped (on when there's fuel and off when you are almost out)

I want to make 100% sure of the functions and then I'll add a version with those included.

The first column is the pin number as labled on the plug itself, the second is the pin number as labled by the silkscreening on the PC board of the GSXR gauges (you will probably ignore this column). The last column has the main color of the cable first and if there's a colored stripe, then that's the second color. I believe my bike has the original harness and it's a 2003.

GSXRPO1.jpg

When you are finished, you will have a Black/White cable left, it doesn't appear to be used.

I have been testing different face designs, and I'm probably going to stick with this (forgive the poor pic!)
testgg.jpg

Good luck!

I don't know about those Chinese rotors man. Seems like they wouldn't be safe? But then again what do I care, I just put on some 12 dollar brake pads.

I don't know about those Chinese rotors man. Seems like they wouldn't be safe? But then again what do I care, I just put on some 12 dollar brake pads.

They actually work great, have had to do a few panic stops already. Plus I actually use sintered metal pads which have a significantly higher drag coefficient than the normal pads and as such would be more likely to fracture the rotors if they were prone to it. Now I didn't pay the full EBC HH price for pads but picked up a set of HH pads off an ebay seller called sixity which cost $45 for a complete set and work just as well (have them on 3 bikes now)

Perfectly! and the position is great. I plan to build a bar-graph LED fuel gauge to go next to it next week.

Are you going to unhook the idiot light in the stock gauges then?
Keep us posted I am following this gauge mod very close.. :whistle:

Great job, I LOVE IT!! :thumbsup:

Are you going to unhook the idiot light in the stock gauges then?
Keep us posted I am following this gauge mod very close.. :whistle:

Great job, I LOVE IT!! :thumbsup:

Yes, from what I have been reading, the stock fuel level sensor is just a rheostat with defined low and high ohm ratings. I hope to couple that with a simple LM3914 and a bargraph LED (8 green and 2 red bars). The only problem I foresee is that the sloshing in the tank will actually make the bargraph display erratic, but one step at a time! I got to thinking that it is actually possible to make up a circuit with LEDs that come on at specific tank levels so the halfway mark is actually halfway!

Yes, from what I have been reading, the stock fuel level sensor is just a rheostat with defined low and high ohm ratings. I hope to couple that with a simple LM3914 and a bargraph LED (8 green and 2 red bars). The only problem I foresee is that the sloshing in the tank will actually make the bargraph display erratic, but one step at a time! I got to thinking that it is actually possible to make up a circuit with LEDs that come on at specific tank levels so the halfway mark is actually halfway!

That will be cool.. don't forget separate signal indicators too... :whistle:

Back