Clean bike showing all my mods

Dude, you have nearly my twin...sweet paint:thumbsup::thumbsup: Good to hear about the brakes i have the same stuff coming for mine tomorrow
hayabusa021.jpg

Sweet! I was about to order two side fairings exactly like yours too!

Sweet! I was about to order two side fairings exactly like yours too!

Wow.. Big improvement over the gen 2 cans for shore.. Bonus at 200 hundred bones great price.. .. :bowdown:

Looking real good.. :thumbsup:

Had been thinking about painting my rear footrest black for a while, so in a fit of madness yesterday I decided to not only do that but grind away the passenger peg section too. I figure they are a dime a dozen on ebay and I was contemplating chrome ones anyway. I am never going to carry a passenger so they won't be missed. They actually came out pretty good and it helps make the rear of the bike even more tidy.

Loving the rumble from these Microns BTW.

exh0.jpg

exh1.jpg

exh2.jpg

exh3.jpg

Got a couple more mods to share:
Firstly, swapped from the GSXR750 to the GSXR1000 dash as the range for RPM is better (plus the little silver GSXR logo is neat!). Used the opportunity to print a new design for my gauge face. Also, installed separate blinker LEDs (with cool aluminum surrounds/heatsinks) for the dash. Got a cool little multi dispaly underneath that I'm playing with that shows time, battery voltage and ambient temperature (with audible freeze warning), still undecided on this one.

gsxrdash.jpg

Secondly I installed GSXR1000 mirrors (the kind with the integrated blinkers) and used small GSXR chrome mirror block off plates to cover the stock holes. I created steel support plates that extend from the old mount holes to the new ones to help support the mirrors. These are going to take a little tweaking still!

gsxrmirrors.jpg

gsxrmirrors1.jpg

gsxrmirrors2.jpg

Also installed a vortex 39 tooth sprocket.

My digital fuel gauge should be here any day now!

Last edited:
Some better outdoor pics showing GSXR1000 mirrors & block-offs, GSXR1000 gauges, LED gauge blinkers, vortex sprocket and I just fitted an uncut OEM rear fender, to see how it looks.
New fork caps, Smart TRE & +1 front sprocket are next !
mirrors1.jpg

mirrors2.jpg

gauges1.jpg

rear1.jpg

Last edited:
Not feeling the mirrors at all.. I think the block offs would look better black though..
Stock rear mudflap I do like except for the reflectors they must go..
Gauge setup, well still loving it.. If I didn't have 220 gauges I would do the Gixxer gauge mod for sure.. Can't wait to see the fuel gauge installed.. Microns look killer as well..:thumbsup:

Keep up the good work... :beerchug:

Not feeling the mirrors at all.. I think the block offs would look better black though..
Stock rear mudflap I do like except for the reflectors they must go..
Gauge setup, well still loving it.. If I didn't have 220 gauges I would do the Gixxer gauge mod for sure.. Can't wait to see the fuel gauge installed.. Microns look killer as well..:thumbsup:

Keep up the good work... :beerchug:

Hmm, I have to make a wedge shaped shim to stop the mirrors 'drooping', I like that they are smaller and give better warning about turning but I don't like the 'droop'.
Tried black block offs and the chrome actually look better, they look like a design cue, and not a cover up. It's tough to see in the photo, but they actually say GSXR
I love the digital speedo, but I guess I'm biased from the XX and the VFR. I can't wait for the gas gauge so I can stop having to check my trip meter!

BTW going -1 on the rear sprocket makes zero difference to ridability, will see what +1 up front feels like soon.

I am currently +1 on the front.. It's a little sluggish when you pin the throttle from 10 mph roll but the speedo is real close.. 77 on the gps is actually 80 mph indicated.. :thumbsup:
The mirrors would definitely look better if they weren't drooping.. haha

Please don't take my criticism wrong.. Overall I like the look of your ride.. :thumbsup:

I am currently +1 on the front.. It's a little sluggish when you pin the throttle from 10 mph roll but the speedo is real close.. 77 on the gps is actually 80 mph indicated.. :thumbsup:
The mirrors would definitely look better if they weren't drooping.. haha

Please don't take my criticism wrong.. Overall I like the look of your ride.. :thumbsup:

Don't worry, I'm never going to be offended by somebody else's thoughts on my bike, after all, I'm the one who has to ride her.

My biggest thing is that form has to follow function, it can look good, but it has to work great, I don't need any parts on my bikes that are purely for show.

all in all it looks good. The mounting bracket for the cans would drive me nuts and the grained wood finish of the gauge insert makes me cry a little. Wood shouldn't be anywhere near a jap sportbike. If it were a harley I would have no problem seeing something wooden on it. :laugh:

MY bike has wood on it when I ride it.

Installed a $20 Smart TRE off eBay and it actually works quite well, I can actually feel the difference in the mid-range, just have to adjust my idle up a little. It will be a while (if ever) before I test the speed limiter!

Got some new side fairings on the way from Hong Kong too, really nice guy over there, allowed me to make up the parts that I wanted in the order and has been sending me pics of the progress. :thumbsup:
Got some 3M reflective Kanji waiting for them at home already.

busalf.jpg
busarf.jpg

Last edited:
Got my new fairings, fitted the chrome grills I've had sitting around since I got the bike and put on my reflective custom cut Kanji logos :thumbsup:
nbf1.jpg

New fairings fitted, that reflective Kanji really catches the light! The fit on the new HK fairings is actually slightly better than the previous ones, the finish remains to be seen, there is a slight roughness which is invisible to the eye, but you can feel it when you run your hands over the fairings. Has some chrome grills that came with the bike which I fitted too.

HK fairings plugs also added.

I also decided that I didn't like the shorty race lever so I bought a set of regular length ones.

Fitted my fuel gauge and rebuilt my gauge backboard with a carbon fiber look so no more jokes about wood on Japanese sportbikes! :laugh:

newfairings1.jpg

newfairings2.jpg

newfairings1.jpg

newfairings1.jpg

Lets see pic's of the updated dash, fuel gauge etc...

btw; looking good.

Pic with everything turned on.. :whistle: How accurate is the fuel gauge? ???

I'm really digging this mod.. Great job. :thumbsup:

Back