Clean bike showing all my mods

Yep, but indicators & high beam are easy.

Funny thing, I went for a ride this morning, and as I was pulling away, my gauges looked normal (there's your hint!). Some 25 miles later I was surprised by some surging problems, just after that the engine died completely. Short story: Not even fumes in the tank, and yes the $@^&$# fuel light was off... as it should be !!!! GRRRRR

Yep, but indicators & high beam are easy.

Funny thing, I went for a ride this morning, and as I was pulling away, my gauges looked normal (there's your hint!). Some 25 miles later I was surprised by some surging problems, just after that the engine died completely. Short story: Not even fumes in the tank, and yes the $@^&$# fuel light was off... as it should be !!!! GRRRRR

Now that's funny... :laugh:

Just ordered a set of (you guessed it) cheap Chinese rearsets of ebay, $144 including shipping. Plus a set of those knock off pazzo levers $49 including shipping. Will post pics when I get them.

Also, as an update, I did a rough suspention tweak based on JINXTER's suspention thread. This combined with the now well bedded brake rotors is producing absolutely amazing results. I had no idea the Big old Busa would handle this well then I got her :thumbsup:

Just got the rearsets today, did a quick test fit to see what I'm dealing with. They seem very solid and actually use a ball bearing on both sides. The black had a few small nicks but nothing a small bit of touch up paint can't fix.
rearsets1.jpg

more to follow...

u did a lot of work and it came out very nicely, sir. It is amazing how much work, time, and energy is involved in customizing a bike. Congratulations on your outcome...don't sweat the Kanji...who else but a busaphile would even notice...doesn't take anything away from the beauty of the bike...

With those kanjis's mounted backwards. It now means blackbird

Well they are stablemates...
busa2.jpg

:laugh:

Still can't make my mind up between the two, busa's got the power and the show, but the Blackbird is a precision piece of machinery that does everything really well. Glad I get to keep playing with them!

OK, so I just got through installing my 'Hong Kong' rear-sets, first some pics:
Left side:
rs-left.JPG

and right side:
rs-right.JPG

I have not taken them out for a proper test yet, just a run a round the neighborhood. So far they seem like they will achieve what I purchased them for and that is to stop my boots from dragging in the corners.

As far as quality is concerned, they seem reasonable maybe 7/10.
Fit and finish is about the same, mine had a few nicks when I got it.
They do use ball bearings on both sides for smooth movement.
I had to make up a 6mm x 30mm threaded rod to adapt the pre-existing front ball joint on the gearshift and I'm not very happy about how I had to mount the brake master, but I will give it some brain cycles.

Are they as well made as the name brand units ? Not quite, but are they worth it for the money, I'd say yes.

The knock-off Pazzo levers arrived today and all I can say is wow, their fit and finish is incredible. I got a shorty set for my Busa and a regular length set for my Blackbird and both fit 100% perfectly (Even the unusual Blackbird ones fit perfectly). The adjustment is solid and precise too. About the only negative thing I can say is that communication from the eBay seller was pretty much non-existent (read: forget your combined shipping!)

For the record, the price was $39.99 + $8.99 S&H per set.

Here are the Busa's:
Busa-Lever.jpg

Busa-Lever2.jpg

and the Blackbird's:
xx-lever.jpg

If you are thinking about a set of racing levers, I can totally recommend these, I am very happy with them! :thumbsup:

Just wanted to do a final follow up on the rearsets.
For the record, they were ~$119 + ~$33 S&H off eBay.

I am going to keep them on the bike in spite of the small issues I'll describe below.

Probably the most important thing to know before you buy these is that you are going to have to cut off most of the exposed thread from your current rear master cylinder. You are also going to have to find some longer hose to link your reservoir to the master cylinder (I used 9.5mm EPDM hose). Finally, you are going to have to buy a banjo bolt brake switch (which is aparently not 10x1.25 pitch :confused2:).

Installation is fairly easy, just unbolt the OEM rearsets and bolt these in (they only use the front 2 mounting holes, screws are NOT supplied). On the gearshift side, I cut the head off a 30mm M6 stainless bolt and threaded it into the OEM balljoint in the front and screwed the other end into the supplied push rod. (I didn't see any reason to drill the OEM balljoint out even though both balljoints are supplied). On the brake side, once you cut the shaft shorter, then assembly is pretty obvious.

These rearsets have 3 positions front to rear and 2 positions up and down. In the front bottom position (which is closest to stock) they are still a good ways higher and further back than OEM. I'm 5'11" and it took a little getting used to but I'm used to them now.

Overall they achieved what I wanted which was to stop catching my boots in corners (damn those Shinkos stick!). Both levers are mounted on ball bearings and the levers themselves have a little play, but they still work fine.

There is a little rust forming inside the hex holes of the supplied bolts so I think I'll replace all the bolts with stainless like I have on the rest of the bike.

Overall, for the price I think they are worth it.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Woo Hoo, just got my Microns ($200 of eBay).
Not quite as dark of a red as I would have liked, but not bad. Nice deep rumble!

micronf.JPG

micronr.JPG

Very impressed with your bike.. You made it your own and thats what counts.. :thumbsup: Glad to see someone was brave and bought those Chinese rotors from ebay.. I looked at those lastnight.PM sent about the rotors..

Again the bike looks great man.. Congrats.. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Very impressed with your bike.. You made it your own and thats what counts.. :thumbsup: Glad to someone was brave and bought those Chinese rotors from ebay.. I looked at those lastnight.PM sent about the rotors..

Again the bike looks great man.. Congrats.. :thumbsup:

Yeah ive been in contact multiple times with the guys who sell those... Let me know how good they are performing wise. Id bet they perform better in stock if not just as good as galfer if they arent duplicates of galfers...

I think I stated it further up, but for the record, now that the HH (sintered) pads and wave rotors have bedded in, and combined with the stainless lines and race levers, the brakes are absolutely incredible, I feel 100% confident in them. The only thing I might have done differently is to get full length levers instead of shorties.

Dude, you have nearly my twin...sweet paint:thumbsup::thumbsup: Good to hear about the brakes i have the same stuff coming for mine tomorrow
hayabusa021.jpg

Back