Diesel's setting the record straight

Sorry TufBusa but you don't know jack....[/QUOTE said:
You are right, I don't know jack. I didn't see the crash and neither did you. But what I do know is, according to Diesels own words, he was on a nice fun backroad group ride when the rider in front of him fell and he ran over the passenger. That's what I know and not even you can make a logical defense for those actions. Pointing a finger at the rider who fell in an attempt to vacate your buddies bad judgment IMO shows poor character on your part.

Over-Easy: So if a tree branch had fallen in the road and Jimmy hit it, would you blame the tree and not the fact that he was going so fast that he could not change his line or slow down to avoid it?

It is the rider responsibility to maintain safe and proper control of their vehicle at all times on public roads, period! Being able to, and doing so can be two vary different things.

You're kidding me right? You want to compare the conscious decision to ride beyond one's skill level with a passenger and mother on board as being equal to that of a tree branch sitting in the road? Tell you what, if the tree branch made the conscious decision to grab woman passing by and roll itself into the middle of the road knowing there was a good chance a group of motorcycles would be approaching I would agree.

And by the token of logic that the rider/motorcyclist is responsible to maintain safe and proper control of their vehicle I guess they are ALWAYS at fault if involved in an accident of any kind because they didn't maintain safe and proper control. If a rider is involved in an accident it can never be someone else's fault because they didn't "maintain safe and proper control of their vehicle." Can you not see how illogical that is? If an SUV suddenly turns left in front of my bike I guess I should ALWAYS be able to avoid it. Come freakin' on!

You know as I read all of this something came to my mind.....

Its been a long time since I had any Big League Chew!

Tough thread for the .oRg.....

Well, I wasn't there, so according to the "instructions" associated with this thread:

"further if you were not there or actually saw first hand what happened, please just keep your comments to yourself, since you don't know what you're talking about...."
???

Um.... shyeah, that is simply horsecock, there.

What the OP really wanted is a platform to fully explain one side of the story, but doesn't want to handle any type of rebuttal that may not work in his favor.

It is hardly realistic to expect/demand only the small handful of eyewitnesses to reply when making a post to a public forum. If this was truly the OP's intention, then a couple of PM's would've done the job, and would have saved all this public gashing of teeth.

IMO, of this 5-page (to date) thread, the most accurate assessment was provided by HT_USMC.... though he apparently wasn't there either, so I suppose his reply has no validity here.....
rolleyes.gif

You were having an accident which he became a part of due to proximity and physics... both of which you played a VERY active roll in setting up.

Yep, that's pretty much it in a nutshell. Here's hoping for a full physical recovery for all three of you, and for constant Vanishing Point evaluation/re-evaluation.

You are right, I don't know jack.
No argument there regarding this matter.

I didn't see the crash and neither did you.
I did not see it, but spoke at length with Jimmy and RacerV who was just behind Jimmy and saw the whole event unfold up close and personal. Spoke with others as well who did not disagree.

But what I do know is, according to Diesels own words, he was on a nice fun backroad group ride when the rider in front of him fell and he ran over the passenger. That's what I know and not even you can make a logical defense for those actions.
See post above. I logically made a sound case in my statement above. Also, post #98, points 3 & 4. Please tell where I'm wrong.

Pointing a finger at the rider who fell in an attempt to vacate your buddies bad judgment IMO shows poor character on your part.
Not pointing a finger...don't need to. There's no question as to whether or not DO3 made a horrible decision. I guess if DO3 had been coming around the bend in the opposite direction in Jimmy's lane and Jimmy ran into them he would still be to blame for running into them because he couldn't get out of the way, right? Either way it was all a result of the poor decision to ride the way DO3 did. I don't see the difference.

If Jimmy had been going slower and still hit them would he still be at fault? Should he have been going 10, 20, 30 mph?

Steven, I was on this ride and you make some good points, but you weren't there and you don't have all of the facts.

You and all of the other people in this thread that were NOT there need to stay out of it...you're only making this worse.
Posted via Mobile Device

I retract all comments. I regret to any extent I may have fueled discord.

I still wish healing and reconciliation for all involved and affected.

I was there and can attest to the accuracy of Diesel's explanation of events and yes I may be an "A-hole" as I was so eloquently called earlier for bringing this topic to the forefront of board discussion however the point of all of this has been lost. Dadofthree may be an outstanding, upstanding, whatever citizen however he has completely ducked out of all responsibility for his lack of judgment and simply wishes to sweep this entire ordeal under the carpet and you my friends are letting him. I agree that closure needs to happen on this subject, that will not happen when his Girlfriend chimes in on his defense or his buddies present their assumed time line of events and what ifs. He needs to address this himself. There is no way anyone could have avoided colliding with his motorcycle and the bodies that were ricocheting across the road with it. I barely avoided the wreck myself and yes, I was directly behind Diesel and no I am not looking for sympathy and yes, that could have been me struggling to support my wife and 3 boys so yes, I am taking this a bit personally? As BA Busa stated, if you were not there, you have no right to an opinion in this matter. Reconciliation to all involved must be brought to the table by Robert, once that happens, all this ugliness can go away and closure can be brought to all. To simply ignore the issue is not going to make it go away.

Rich, if you fall down on our ride next season and I run you over, you can bet your booty I won't be angrily blaming you for falling allowing me to run you over!

Although if I caught you with one of those big ole clod hoppers hangin out on the pavement, I may run over that puppy just to listen to you squeel :laugh:

I'm done, over and out!

You're kidding me right? You want to compare the conscious decision to ride beyond one's skill level with a passenger and mother on board as being equal to that of a tree branch sitting in the road? Tell you what, if the tree branch made the conscious decision to grab woman passing by and roll itself into the middle of the road knowing there was a good chance a group of motorcycles would be approaching I would agree.

And by the token of logic that the rider/motorcyclist is responsible to maintain safe and proper control of their vehicle I guess they are ALWAYS at fault if involved in an accident of any kind because they didn't maintain safe and proper control. If a rider is involved in an accident it can never be someone else's fault because they didn't "maintain safe and proper control of their vehicle." Can you not see how illogical that is? If an SUV suddenly turns left in front of my bike I guess I should ALWAYS be able to avoid it. Come freakin' on!

Apples and oranges. In your example the SUV was not being driven in a "Safe and proper" manner because they failed to safely negotiate oncoming traffic so it is at fault. If Diesel was going the speed limit, which I highly doubt if as he describes himself at "FULL LEAN", he would not be at fault for him own crash and running over the other riders.

DO3 is at fault for his crash because he made a mistake and failed to complete the corner. He did not hit Diesel.

Why do so many people feel the need to blame someone else for their own poor judgement? That's entitlement at it's worst.

Apples and oranges. In your example the SUV was not being driven in a "Safe and proper" manner because they failed to safely negotiate oncoming traffic so it is at fault. If Diesel was going the speed limit, which I highly doubt if as he describes himself at "FULL LEAN", he would not be at fault for him own crash and running over the other riders.

DO3 is at fault for his crash because he made a mistake and failed to complete the corner. He did not hit Diesel.

Why do so many people feel the need to blame someone else for their own poor judgement? That's entitlement at it's worst.

Again, you weren't there, didn't see what happened, not what this thread is about. Thanks for your input.

In this example DO3 was not riding in a "safe and proper" manner as you put it, because he failed to safely negotiate his own vehicle, so according to your statement DO3 (or the SUV) would be at fault, however unintentional.

I've dragged a knee in FULL LEAN between 10-15 mph. So what?

This is primarily about accountability and the fact that people such as yourself seem to believe Jimmy is at fault. Jimmy was riding his ride and in control. If everybody would have ridden this way the incident would have never occurred.

Steven, I was on this ride and you make some good points, but you weren't there and you don't have all of the facts.

You and all of the other people in this thread that were NOT there need to stay out of it...you're only making this worse.
Posted via Mobile Device

Is this because the involved parties are members here, because on just about every other similar story about non org members we ALL give our opinions based on what we read. Public forum remember? I don't hear people telling others to "stay out of it" on those threads. I certainly wasn't there and I responded only once, to the post starting this thread and I stand by my opinion of the results.

Is this because the involved parties are members here, because on just about every other similar story about non org members we ALL give our opinions based on what we read. Public forum remember? I don't hear people telling others to "stay out of it" on those threads. I certainly wasn't there and I responded only once, to the post starting this thread and I stand by my opinion of the results.

It was mainly directed at Tufbusa, anybody can comment on anything they want to on the ORG. This thread has done nothing to help resolve this issue...only made things worse.

I have my own opinions as to what happened that day, but would like to talk to the parties involved before I post more about that.

Trying to get my own screen name so you all will know it is me, but for now gotta use this one. My intentions for responding to this thread was merely to illustrate that Robert is being attacked for an accident that he was not the only one involved in. I do not want to attack Jimmy for anything. I never stated that he was not going through a bad time. Believe me, I know from experience that he is and my heart goes out to him for this.
I know what it feels like not to be able to hold your child or have that kind of physical bond with them. My daughter was unable to hug me due to the pain it would cause. She also had to be tucked in by others and her prayers said because i was be ridden. That really hurt me since i taught her the prayers and was there for it every night like clockwork for the lat 7.5 years.
I am sorry that Jimmy was hurt in any kind of way, just as I am sorry I was and Robert was. I do not want anything to be taken out of context as it can be when it is just written words and you can not hear emotion in a voice. For those who have stated if you were not directly involved, then stay out of it...THANKYOU...couldn't have said it better myself. All that will cause is heated arguments between others and put distance between the the ones on our side or Jimmy's. There should be NO sides. Everyone could either believe what I say, Robert says, or Jimmy says, but you will NEVER know for sure what was said or done because you were not there.
If Robert were to take SOME RESPONSIBILITY for this, shouldn't that be between the three of us? Why should he publicly apoligize with people who had nothing to do with the accident? Same goes for Jimmy. He should not have to either.
The problem I have is that everyone wants Robert to come out and say he screwed up, but if that is the case shouldn't Jimmy, because as many have stated he was just as much at fault. I believe that there were two SEPERATE accidents on that mountain resulting in very bad injuries. I have seen many remarks about Robert not being injured. What if he had have been? What if he would have died that day? Would there be any attacks then or would it be "RIP Fallen Rider" from all of you? It almost sounds as if you wish he would have been hurt? Is that the case? We can argue all we want, but it will never change the fact it happened.
All I have ever heard from Robert was how many great people there were on this site, but so far I have seen a whole lot of lynching mobs wanting to crucify one man for what they feel was solely on him. I don't feel that Robert should constantly be poked at out of the nowhere on something he said that had nothing to do with the accident by someone that just wants to keep the fire going. There was no real reason to do that but to be mean. Making a statement about high insurance is entirely different from "poor me" as it was made out to be. No one knows what is in his heart, and by not replying to these things it does not mean he is "sweeping it under the rug", as it was put. It merely means he does not wish to fight with people about something that is none of their business. There is a time and place for everything and a public forum is not it.
We will all have to carry around emotional and some physical scars that will remind us everyday of that event. We don't need anyone else to do it for us. The least everyone could do is let this play out between the three of us that were involved.
I do not wish hardship on anyone of us and I do not want hard feelings towards me for stating what I feel either because we will eventually be attending further events and no one wants to argue at them. I did not see Jimmy on here complaining about anything until Robert's thread was needlessly attacked. So you see, one person can stir the pot for an entire mob for no reason. Please just let it die if you were not one of us three. The three of us do not owe public penance to anyone.
And another thing...I do not appreciate my relationship with Robert being attacked because of age. You don't know us or anything about us. You may not like it, but I don't care. He is a great man and a lot better to me than any other guy I have ever met. Ask any woman and she will tell you she would prefer someone that treats her with respect and will be good to her and her child. If you only had a brain that wasn't in your pants you would understand my relationship. Don't be jealous and hating because the man gets to live out every other mans dream.

Naomi

Picture 031 (Small).jpg

you klnow points have been made,arguements and maybe it is time to end the battle!!!

Some ones actions will always speak louder than words. Mayeb we all should realize this and do what is right about the whole situation.

I am done, MAYBE

Back