Diesel's setting the record straight

TO THE MODERATORS:
This is the best motorcycle forum on the internet, period ! Please help it stay that way by closing this thread. Nuff said.

I was at the Bash when this occured - but was on the Blood Mountain/Suches run when it happened. The fact that I didn't see it means that I don't have anything to say about it, except:
I have been to Robbinsville 6 times. I would not say that I know the area or the roads, but I have learned a couple of things in my times there.
1. If you didn't see something go down, you will never know for sure what happened or how severe it really was.
2. If you allow your attention to drift for a second, you may find yourself in BIG trouble (this happened to me in front of Randy - Mr. Biscuit - I don't know which of us was more scared)
3. If you get overconfident or lazy, you will be bitten by the road, the busa - or both.
4. I have never met a person on the board that I didn't like, but we have all gotten mad at someone for something at one time or another. And we have all done stupid things at different times.

I am very sorry when anyone goes down anywhere - because, rarely, as are the cases here -the person going down is not the oly one affected.
To Robert, you always seemed like a stand up guy to me, as did Jimmy. You two seemed to be in the mix and enjoying yourselves and I am sorry that things turned out the way that they did. I know it is much easier for me to say than it is for you to do; but I wish the two of you could connect on a mutually ife changing event and recognize each other's pain with respect for the situation, if not each other.
For Naomi, I am sorry that this happened to you as the person with the least amount of control in the situation.
For everyone, I ask what fueling this debate/argument will ultimately accomplish? The fact of the matter is that this is a polarizing issue that has pulled in members who have no direct knowledge - how will any comments from other than those involved do anything exept inflame the situation? Just my .02

OK. ONCE AGAIN..........

All I really wanted to say is that I'm tired of being blamed for someone elses mistake.

I was riding safely within my limits just like EVERYONE ELSE in the group. I was not the one out of control, cutting thru the group like a maniac.

I have felt terrible about Naomi every day on top of my own issues I have.

HOWEVER, I do not feel responsible.

I actually had a clear path til everything shot in front of my tire off the guardrail in the blink of an eye.(only GOD and tufbusa could have avoided that.)

"sorry to ALL involved" ? "speedy recovery to all 3"?

Just a reminder, what's his name got out without a scratch on him. How Ironic.

"Let it go"?.....Sorry, I get reminded everytime I want to carry my baby around and CAN'T DO IT.

Go ahead and close this thread it's making me sick anyway.

Naomi, you are indeed the true victim here. If someone would post up a paypal donations account to help you through your recovery, I'd be happy to be the first doner.

For those of you who want to give Diesel a free pass, read his very own words discribing the event.

Many people here can attest to my riding skills which I considered advanced.
This depends entirely upon the group you ride with!

I was like 3rd or 4th in line behind Ozzy and Overeasy, and many riders followed
According to Diesel, there are many riders in this group. This may not seem important now, but as the events unfold it becomes a point.

It was apparent that this person was riding WAAAY over his limits, weaving wide into corners, sometimes crossing into the oncoming lane taking the curves so wide.
Diesel was totally aware this rider was in over his head and subject to crash at any time.

I come around the curve in a FULL LEAN and there is a motorcycle sideways in my right of way and two riders laying there. There was no steering, braking to be done.
By his own admission he was at full lean, going as fast as he possibly could through a blind corner. Keep in mind, he has already stated the person in front of him was riding over his head. In his view this wild and crazy rider could crash at any moment. Yet Diesel chose of his own free will to push his own skills past their limits in order to keep up. Blazing around a blind corner, he finds all this wreckage in his right of way and plows directly through the carnage while knowing full well the rider in front of him was likely to crash. 24 feet of pavement and no where was there room to put 24" of motorcycle through? Was Diesel riding over his head?

trooper H B Hoxit from the NC state Troopers interupts the medics and unaware of my injuries, grabs my arm, lifts it up and sticks a reckless driving ticket under my arm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Was Diesel riding reckless? You decide!

So I get injured AND a major ticket by doing NOTHING wrong.
Takes absolutely no responsibility for his own actions. Seems to be the american way these days. If Diesel was truly riding within his limits and any rider would have crashed into the downed rider the exact same way, what kept the large group of riders behind him from crashing into the carnage one by one the very same way Diesel did?

These are the facts.
Evidently Trooper Hoxit Agrees with you on the facts

Just admit you were riding like an a-hole and trying to show off and messed up.
No matter how the rider in front of you was riding or how he ended up in front of you it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY not to hit him. There is NO excuse for running over a down rider! NONE!

-thanks, considering the HELL you have caused me and my family.
Now if this isn't a case of the pot calling the kettle black. You would think no one else was injured here.

Not my "version", the facts.
?

I posted this up in order to show just how easy ones own words on a public forum can come back to haunt you. This is a personal injury attorney's dream. If you think I was tough on Diesel, an attorney will be ten times as tough.

If Naomi decides to visit a personal injury attorney this thread could turn out to be the worst mistake of Diesel's entire life. Once you type the words in place and hit enter, you cannot take them back. Any experienced attorney will nail Diesel's hide to the wall like a dried out beaver skin using his own words.

If Naomi ends up with life long injuries, it could mean a multimillion dollar judgment. Insurance policies are limited covering personal injuries. Most are $300K or less. The policy holder is responsible for the amount over and above the policy coverage. If Diesel thinks his life is hell now, just pray it doesn't get worse!

Is Diesel an advanced rider? Maybe?

Is he smart? You decide!

First off, I'm glad everyone is still alive and can heal from their physical injuries. Best wishes to a full physical and emotional healing by all involved.

I'm officially tired of this topic, and all of the related threads. In my 4 years of membership on this site I have NEVER read so many "PASS THE BLAME" posts. BOTH RIDERS MADE MISTAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have learned, the hard way, to "chase my vanishing point". I only ride through a corner at speeds that will allow me to change my line or stop is an unexpected obstacle is in my path. That has saved my bacon more than once with oncoming cars in my lane. If you are riding fast enough to drag knee (or pegs) on the street you are going too fast. Please save that for the track. You have to nearly double or triple the recommended corner speed to be at full lean on all of the roads I have been on so far, and legally that is wreckless.

Two wrongs didn't make a right. Both riders need to man up and be accountable for the part they are responsible for! Both also need to make amends with the passenger.

These "BLAME GAME" posts are souring a great community. Please take it to PMs if you must continue it.

P.S. Mods and Admins, please close this and all other related threads. They seriously detracts from the good environment that this board fosters.

Last edited:
Naomi, you are indeed the true victim here. If someone would post up a paypal donations account to help you through your recovery, I'd be happy to be the first doner.

YOu have to be kidding here RIGHT?

See she put herself on the back of his bike NOT US.
SHE TOLD HIM GO FASTER, NOT US

SO shouldnt do3 be responsible for her injuries cause he was the reason it all went to hell in a hand basket.

I do believe that the insurance company will go after him since it happend on his bike that is why there is insurance.

Cause bodily harm per passenger is on my insurane..

just a note to think of

and so wait we dont need a paypal donation for robert he wasnt hurt that bad

:deadhorse: Am I the only one that sees this? I dont think that I am. I read quite a few post that echo'd what I said the first time. This really isnt anyones business to point their fingers or place blame where they feel unless directly involved in the wreck. As far as shutting down the thread..........it goes back to free speech. In my opinion, if the moderators shut down this thread it would change the whole way I view this site. By not allowing others to speak their thoughts what are they really saying? One party is right and one is wrong? Who are they to say dont attack her? Dont attack him? Its an open public forum for everyone to talk about similar things that they enjoy doing. Riding motorcycles. I would say that it has gotten a little hot in here from all the tempers but thats the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. I hope that the three people involved can get this smoothed out and move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienMike
I feel it is productive to discuss this incident for which the thread started as a "setting it straight" post. We can all remember this next time we ride and maybe some of us can learn by it instead of living it. It has re-inforced my view that riders should not ride anywhere close to "their limits" on public roads, especially with passengers. And that they should not try to negotiate turns at a speed where they can no longer re-adjust their position in their lane in order to avoid a partial obstruction. At the same time, it frustrates me to have to defend myself as a mindful sport rider to cruiser dudes like the ones who were passed and would have eventually came up on the accident, shaking their heads at irresponsibility. Wouldn't they have a good story to spread to the motorcycling community!

Wish all 3 involved wellness.
Mike B

Very well said :thumbsup: I've never been a big believer in pushing it to the max in the twisties on the street. I really think that should be saved for a track. I've been riding for 25 years on the street...all sportbikes, and have never had a wreck (knock on wood). I like the twisties at a moderate pace, but when my buddies turn it up to race pace I let them go. I believe in freedom of choice, but I also know that bad things can happen with bad choices. It sounds like this was a combination of bad things coming together to hurt people. I hope everybody can heal up and move on :beerchug:

Two excellent posts and points of views. I too wish a speedy recovery for all involved. Physically, financially, and emotionally.

So let me get this straight....

One rider seen another rider around him pushing his limits with a passenger on back

One rider sticking with the front of the crowd(faster riders) with a passenger on back

One passenger on back who encouraged the one in control of bike she was on to push it a little harder

If above statements are true....

YOU ALL ARE WRONG! ! ! Each person took part in putting another in danger! ! ! ALL SHOULD HAVE REGRETS FOR THE OTHER TWO INVOLVED! ! ! STOP BLAMING THE OTHER WHEN YOU ALL WERE WRONG!

True victims are the family members and friends.

If one seen another pushing beyond his limits why not back off?

Why would one let another influence your riding ability?

Why influence another to ride harder?

Why ride harder with someone else's life in your hand?

This community needs this event to be discussed openly and CIVILLY.

Anyone who has a very strong reaction to this event needs to look within themselves for the reason why.
It is an opportunity for growth, and to become a better rider.
No, a better person, better able to live a full life.

This whole thing is about dealing with difficult situations, confronting personal weaknesses within ourselves, owning them without shame, and while hurting having compassion for someone else who is hurting, even though that person is involved.

IMO Tufbusa has said it best. Only thing I can add is that speed can change almost any curve into a blind curve, and I don't think Rossi himself would ever ride that fast off track-he doesn't have to prove a damn thing.

I sweat the thought of a coyote/dog running out from the side of the road, especially at night. I flat don't run fast at night, and when I do I make sure I can see the Interstate way ahead. Those odds I'll handle. Always amazes me when some biker zips past, knowing he's overdriving his lights ( I see them too) or converting a "normal" curve into a blind one for himself. The thought of slamming into a big fast razorback hog at speed would bother me a bunch-fortunately don't have any around here.

Best of luck for all involved.

Last edited:
OK. ONCE AGAIN..........

All I really wanted to say is that I'm tired of being blamed for someone elses mistake.

I was riding safely within my limits just like EVERYONE ELSE in the group. I was not the one out of control, cutting thru the group like a maniac.

I have felt terrible about Naomi every day on top of my own issues I have.

HOWEVER, I do not feel responsible.

I actually had a clear path til everything shot in front of my tire off the guardrail in the blink of an eye.(only GOD and tufbusa could have avoided that.)

"sorry to ALL involved" ? "speedy recovery to all 3"?

Just a reminder, what's his name got out without a scratch on him. How Ironic.

"Let it go"?.....Sorry, I get reminded everytime I want to carry my baby around and CAN'T DO IT.

Go ahead and close this thread it's making me sick anyway.

By the way this is naomi...his fiance not wife...but he f***** up his arm but you wouldn't know that because he didn't say anything for several days to anyone about it because he wasn't worried about himself(A REAL STAND UP GUY IN MY OPINION) that's why i love him

By the way, who the H*** said i pushed to go any faster, were any of you there on the back of that F****** bike listening to anything i said...NO DIDN"T think so. All i do is hold on for the ride, sit my arse still, and pray to have an enjoyable time. Where did that even come from jerks!!!

YOu have to be kidding here RIGHT?

See she put herself on the back of his bike NOT US.
SHE TOLD HIM GO FASTER, NOT US

SO shouldnt do3 be responsible for her injuries cause he was the reason it all went to hell in a hand basket.

I do believe that the insurance company will go after him since it happend on his bike that is why there is insurance.

Cause bodily harm per passenger is on my insurane..

just a note to think of

and so wait we dont need a paypal donation for robert he wasnt hurt that bad

He also put himself on the road on his bike, not you all so he can't whine either. i didn't ask for anything from anyone. he at least has some income coming in to help him out. i don't have anything and while i appreciate the offer for financial help, i'll have to pass because i feel that God will provide what is needed..not to mention I don't take handouts...so whoever you are arguing the money, don't worry about it cause i didn't ask for it jerk...this does not mean the guy who offered to help either

Last edited:
ok my problem is couldnt show one side some remorse i mean to walk into the hosbital and tell the other victim while getting out of surgery dont beat yourself up about it.
WHAT A STAND UP GUY>
he should been awarded a prize for that

all parties need to take respnsibilities

but i do want to know one thing

how does it feel to love someone who coul be your grandpa

:deadhorse:

We need to stop with the crucifying. Jimmy, I hope you continue to heal and can get back in the saddle again. D3 and Naomi, same thing.

Now stop with the blame game, especially the people who weren't there when it happened. If you weren't there(me included) you have nothing to add other than well wishes for a speedy recovery for all involved.

Back