Diesel's setting the record straight

ok my problem is couldnt show one side some remorse i mean to walk into the hosbital and tell the other victim while getting out of surgery dont beat yourself up about it.
WHAT A STAND UP GUY>
he should been awarded a prize for that

all parties need to take respnsibilities

but i do want to know one thing

how does it feel to love someone who coul be your grandpa

you don't know really first hand what happened in the hospital cause you weren't there, but i know he checked on jimmy EVERYDAY we were there....and jimmy never asked about me not once...andit feels great to love him!! he rocks my world better than any other guy i've been with....with age comes experience and value!!!:wow:i'm 25 so that makes him old enough to be my daddy!!!!!!!!!!hahahahaha......:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

OKay....out of respect for all involved I have kept my mouth shut. But I just can't do that any more.

There were 3 injured parties. PERIOD. This happened over 5 months ago and everyone should be attempting to move on as best they can. Each of the 3 involved has their own feelings about who is right or who is wrong and there isn't anything that anyone can do to change that. So why are we still here ranting or raving over it?

I wasn't directly behind the accident, but I was there for the aftermath. It was horrible. For those of us that chose to stay behind with the injured it is a day that will be stuck in our minds for a very long time if not forever.

Anyone who was NOT there has no right to be making comments about it and by doing so you are fueling the flames of this very heated disagreement.

It doesn't help that those involved keep going back and forth about it either.....no disrespect is meant to either of the 3 of you, but it's the truth and it needs to be said.

So please, can this thread be left alone instead of everyone going back and forth about it?

:wtf:
ok my problem is couldnt show one side some remorse i mean to walk into the hosbital and tell the other victim while getting out of surgery dont beat yourself up about it.
WHAT A STAND UP GUY>
he should been awarded a prize for that

all parties need to take respnsibilities

but i do want to know one thing

how does it feel to love someone who coul be your grandpa
Dude, where did that last sentence come from???.....now we're insulting people...:wtf:

I don't think this pot needs stirred any more. Nor do I think there is anything productive that can be added. My vote for a

padlock.jpg

WOW! I really want to go the next bash but.. ....well WOW!

I hope everyone is healing up well.

And the board was nice and quiet before racerv started crap with DO3 in his own thread.That was out of line on his part.And there is no arguement to that.But I'm sure we'll read excuses for it.

I hate to seem so hateful due to injuries but everyone needs to grow up and open there eyes and take on their own responsiblity and stop pointing fingers.
Advance riding has nothing to do with how fast you can run a corner.But ride the conditions of the roads,whatever they maybe.And running flatout with a passanger OR running full lean through a blind corner is stupid.You never know what will be waiting for you around that blind corner.Your taking your life in your own hands and no one elses.
There was 2 wrongs on that road that day not one.[that was caught]Everybody needs to loose the damn EGO's.The only person that deserves an apology is Naomi.

+1

You ride at speed on public roads, you crash, you suck it up and don't blame anyone but yourself. Period.

On the positive I hope the three involved heal up and get to do many more (safe) miles.

in before the lock...

accidents happen. I'm sure anyone who could fore see such misfurtune would choose a way to avoid it. Heel up soon.

in before the lock...

accidents happen. I'm sure anyone who could fore see such misfurtune would choose a way to avoid it. Heel up soon.

I'm sure they would rather this PEACEFULLY fall off radar. I myself am making this my last post.

Didn't someone once write that "only thee without sin " may cast the 1st stone ?

This should turn more into a discussion about preventing future such incidents from happening,when in a group riding situation. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
@ Diesel - Learn from the mistakes that you may have made that day and employ a revised strategy in the future. Part of that, is admitting to the fact that you were speeding and that once Do3 passed you, you did not let up on the throttle to give him plenty of space to be reckless on his own. I do understand defending yourself so as not to end up the scape-goat though! Remember though, given enough space, he would have laid that bike down and they would have been healing up post crash while you continued on that evening. Heal up quick and don't let this thread or the events that started this thread get you down. You were in the moment (just as dumb) as we all have been at some time in the past. I could easily see myself in your shoes.

@ Naomi - If someone tossed a child out of a moving car and onto the street who is then run over by the car directly behind them... who's to blame for the child's injuries? If a parent isn't taking care of the child and they fall out of a convertible onto the same roadway... who's to blame then? Do3's actions are what landed you on the roadway that day. End of story. If Diesel had not hit you, you would have still been injured. Hitting a guardrail and bouncing off seems to have that effect, I imagine.

If you weren't saying "Go faster" that day then did you ask him to slow down? If you didn't tap him, yell, or something else to let him know you weren't okay with his speed and maneuvering... you too are to blame on some level. You have a say! I know when I've gone faster than my better half wants me to, she let's me know. If you did ask him to slow down and he didn't, well that's a different story and one which I would think you would naturally blame him.

Let's be clear, you're not a single mother. You're engaged to Do3. You have an interest in Do3 being completely innocent. Sadly, from what I've read, no one was.

Heal up but don't don't wear blinders while doing so. This should be a growing experience and affixing sole blame to Diesel will prevent that growth for you (and Do3).

@ Do3 - I was sad when I read the accident report on the boards here shortly after the bash. I couldn't imagine what it was like to be in your shoes. Still, I don't envy your position with regard to all of this. However, just as Diesel has to man up to his responsibilities, you need to as well. You were driving fast enough and reckless enough that you lost control and dumped the bike and your fiance. Diesel just happened to be the unfortunate soul that you had most recently passed which ensured him being tangled up in the mix. Let me say this again for you and Naomi. He did not rub tires or run into you and cause the accident. You were having an accident which he became a part of due to proximity and physics... both of which you played a VERY active roll in setting up.

To all of you:
Coulda', shoulda', woulda' only works in the first person!

Sounds like the physical damage may be healing faster than the emotional damage...

Prayers to all three of you!

Last edited:
@ Diesel - Learn from the mistakes that you may have made that day and employ a revised strategy in the future. Part of that, is admitting to the fact that you were speeding and that once Do3 passed you, you did not let up on the throttle to give him plenty of space to be reckless on his own. I do understand defending yourself so as not to end up the scape-goat though! Remember though, given enough space, he would have laid that bike down and they would have been healing up post crash while you continued on that evening. Heal up quick and don't let this thread or the events that started this thread get you down. You were in the moment (just as dumb) as we all have been at some time in the past. I could easily see myself in your shoes.

@ Naomi - If someone tossed a child out of a moving car and onto the street who is then run over by the car directly behind them... who's to blame for the child's injuries? If a parent isn't taking care of the child and they fall out of a convertible onto the same roadway... who's to blame then? Do3's actions are what landed you on the roadway that day. End of story. If Diesel had not hit you, you would have still been injured. Hitting a guardrail and bouncing off seems to have that effect, I imagine.

If you weren't saying "Go faster" that day then did you ask him to slow down? If you didn't tap him, yell, or something else to let him know you weren't okay with his speed and maneuvering... you too are to blame on some level. You have a say! I know when I've gone faster than my better half wants me to, she let's me know. If you did ask him to slow down and he didn't, well that's a different story and one which I would think you would naturally blame him.

Let's be clear, you're not a single mother. You're engaged to Do3. You have an interest in Do3 being completely innocent. Sadly, from what I've read, no one was.

Heal up but don't don't wear blinders while doing so. This should be a growing experience and affixing sole blame to Diesel will prevent that growth for you (and Do3).

@ Do3 - I was sad when I read the accident report on the boards here shortly after the bash. I couldn't imagine what it was like to be in your shoes. Still, I don't envy your position with regard to all of this. However, just as Diesel has to man up to his responsibilities, you need to as well. You were driving fast enough and reckless enough that you lost control and dumped the bike and your fiance. Diesel just happened to be the unfortunate soul that you had most recently passed which ensured him being tangled up in the mix. Let me say this again for you and Naomi. He did not rub tires or run into you and cause the accident. You were having an accident which he became a part of due to proximity and physics... both of which you played a VERY active roll in setting up.

To all of you:
Coulda', shoulda', woulda' only works in the first person!

Sounds like the physical damage may be healing faster than the emotional damage...

Prayers to all three of you!

I am RacerV and I aprove this message :beerchug:

Some final points and I'm out:

1. D03 made the decision to ride irresponsibly, reckless, out of control, over his head, etc. with a passenger and mother no less! You cannot argue that! If he rides within his means then none of this happens. I'm sure D03 is having fun on his 2008 Busa while Jimmy struggles to try and pick up his little girl while living on 1/3 of his prior income. Hopefully he can get back to work in some capacity soon.

2. Whether it was some import tuner car or one of our own members behind the ill-fated decision for Jimmy and Naomi being injured, the level of accountability should not differ.

3. I've personally ridden with Jimmy over two years prior to this event and can tell you first hand he is NOT a reckless rider. Sorry TufBusa but you don't know jack...pure assumptions on your part. If anyone hear states that 'over the posted speed limit' automatically makes you reckless, then about 99% of us better just turn in our Hayabusa.org Memberships. I can ride very responsibly and in control of my motorcycle while going 55 in a 35 on an open road. Matter of fact, since Jimmy's daughter was born he had been riding even more conservative...I even questioned "Why so slow all of a sudden?," and commended him for it on many occasions. Also, FULL LEAN is different in everybody's mind. My FULL LEAN is when I drag a knee, but I've been riding for 26 years. Jimmy's is not! He wouldn't drag a knee and never pushed it to that point because it would take him beyond his level of control. I rode with the guy for two years, so I know.

4. It didn't matter if someone was coming around that bend at 50, 60 or 70, they would have hit Naomi and the bike. Jimmy was in control and anticipating to safely pass by D03 and Naomi without incident as they were slowing, sliding along the guard rail. It's not as if they were sitting still in the middle of the road when he came around the corner. The bike and Naomi rebounded off the guardrail like a tennis ball right in front of Jimmy. There was no opportunity to avoid the collision. It was no different than traveling down the road like we do all the time and an SUV suddenly decides to cut across your path.

I honestly wish a fruitful life for Robert and Naomi. I do not HATE Robert. I just haven't witnessed a level of responsibility for one's actions. I'm sure he regrets his decision and his subsequent actions that day and I hope he is not 'beating himself over this.' Maybe it's just me, but my concern would reside more with those affected by my actions than myself. Kinda' thought that's what most people here on the .org thought as well.

Over-Easy: So if a tree branch had fallen in the road and Jimmy hit it, would you blame the tree and not the fact that he was going so fast that he could not change his line or slow down to avoid it?

It is the rider responsibility to maintain safe and proper control of their vehicle at all times on public roads, period! Being able to, and doing so can be two vary different things.

Jimmy may be a great rider, but he made a bad decision that turned ugly. DO3 also made a bad decision and it also turned ugly.

Blaming someone else for your own bad decision is like blaming gravity because you fell and scraped your knees. Mistakes happen, as does gravity. Get over it and move on with life.

P.S. The passenger doesn't control the throttle, the rider does.

Back