Gen 3 accessories

have you looked at Sprint Air Filters?

Sprint doesn't make air filters...they make air screens...keeps the birds out, lol
no gauze, just screen.
20210714_220025.jpg

Bursig stand
I bought it for my 08 Busa about 10 years ago.
Couple years later my Dad turned the lower mount pin down so it would fit my Bking.
A friend has kept his '18 gsxr1000r at my house since he bought it as a new leftover 2 and half years ago(and as he says, I ride it like it's mine, lol).
My Dad machined a longer top pin for it.
(Bursig sells bike specific adapters, but alot of them can be modified easily to fit other bikes).
There are pics of my Busa and Bking on this same Bursig stand buried here somewhere.
Here's the 1k on it.
Well worth it, makes things easy.

20210808_202113.jpg

20210808_202059.jpg

but the sprint is good for the haybusa for toruing ect...

Not at all.
Touring means you want as little maintenance as possible, with as little to go wrong as possible.
The Sprint filter literally is a screen mesh, it has zero filter material in it.
The Sprint IS a great track filter, as it's as high a flow as you're gonna get with anything in the airbox.
But, as said above, dusty or rainy conditions(common touring weather) are no good with a only wire screen to stop dust and water.
Look at this picture again and zoom in, no guaze, no paper, just wire screen...but it Did stop the Really Big bugs, lmao!

20210714_220025.jpg

Not at all.
Touring means you want as little maintenance as possible, with as little to go wrong as possible.
The Sprint filter literally is a screen mesh, it has zero filter material in it.
The Sprint IS a great track filter, as it's as high a flow as you're gonna get with anything in the airbox.
But, as said above, dusty or rainy conditions(common touring weather) are no good with a only wire screen to stop dust and water.
Look at this picture again and zoom in, no guaze, no paper, just wire screen...but it Did stop the Really Big bugs, lmao!

View attachment 1639301
ohhh gotcha.. you think oem filter is better than K&N ?

ohhh gotcha.. you think oem filter is better than K&N ?
For filtering? Definately.
The K&N(and the like)advantage is the ability to clean and reuse it.
You also gain a little more air flow, which can give a small power increase, but the extra flow comes from less restriction...aka filtering material.
How much should you obsess over it?
I wouldn't.
Some people will argue oil analysis, that less filtering causes more contaminates in the oil, and more engine wear...and they are right.
But, after the shear number of good running beater bikes I've seen over the years...I'm not gonna worry that the K&N filter is going to ruin my engine.
I'de wash it out when needed and enjoy my 1-2 peak hp gain, lol

Bursig stand
I bought it for my 08 Busa about 10 years ago.
Couple years later my Dad turned the lower mount pin down so it would fit my Bking.
A friend has kept his '18 gsxr1000r at my house since he bought it as a new leftover 2 and half years ago(and as he says, I ride it like it's mine, lol).
My Dad machined a longer top pin for it.
(Bursig sells bike specific adapters, but alot of them can be modified easily to fit other bikes).
There are pics of my Busa and Bking on this same Bursig stand buried here somewhere.
Here's the 1k on it.
Well worth it, makes things easy.

View attachment 1639256

View attachment 1639257
I wonder if this stand would work for the Gen3?
I'm using a set of pitbulls but this setup looks pretty sweet

I wonder if this stand would work for the Gen3?
I'm using a set of pitbulls but this setup looks pretty sweet
It's a GEN2 frame , so if you use the K8-M0 PIN , it works .

Still the WINNER IS a ABBA SKY LIFT , 90 cm hight working stand .

Back