Gen 3 exhaust options

I’m thinking about getting the full akrapovic (akro) exhaust. For those of you that have it, is there any way that the heat shield from the r6 or s1000rr akro exhausts could be fitted on the the Hayabusa akro exhaust? I’m looking for a way to break up the look of such a long exposed pipe.

View attachment 1657883

As long as that heat shield is similiar in shape so that it fits the shape of the Busa muffler, then yes.
You would need to drill 2 holes in the muffler sleeve, one on top, and one on the outside edge.
Pop rivot the shield on.
A small amount of clear rtv silicone around the rivot holes will prevent any leaks(but leaks won't happen with correct rivot size).
You can use a special style hose clamp/band clamp that will allow you to attach that shield around the midpipe.(ebay or amazon, muffler clamps and mounts).

I finally chose an exhaust. It looks good and fits well, but sure wish I could have heard it first. It’s loud! I was expecting louder, but this is I can’t warm it up in the mornings loud. I’m going to order the insert to lower the DBs a lil bit but my expectation is that it won’t be enough. Hopefully I’m wrong. Now that I think about, I’ve never had a bike without a cat in the mid pipe. I’ve always bought slip ons.

Oh well, you live and you learn.

154882D4-6F68-49F9-98A2-98924C69532A.jpeg

I finally chose an exhaust. It looks good and fits well, but sure wish I could have heard it first. It’s loud! I was expecting louder, but this is I can’t warm it up in the mornings loud. I’m going to order the insert to lower the DBs a lil bit but my expectation is that it won’t be enough. Hopefully I’m wrong. Now that I think about, I’ve never had a bike without a cat in the mid pipe. I’ve always bought slip ons.

View attachment 1658983
Just jump on and ride. It will warm up. Just be easy on her....

View attachment 1658983
Good to think of your neighbors though...

Ya, I run the alien head 2 and I came into habit of keeping the revs no higher than 3k in my neighborhood. Brocks isn't well known for being noise friendly. After the first 1000 miles either I got use to it or the carbon built up inside of the exhaust and made her a tad bit quieter.

My first ride experience was oh #$&# this thing is loud.

Ya, I run the alien head 2 and I came into habit of keeping the revs no higher than 3k in my neighborhood. Brocks isn't well known for being noise friendly. After the first 1000 miles either I got use to it or the carbon built up inside of the exhaust and made her a tad bit quieter.

You likely got used to it.

My first ride experience was oh #$&# this thing is loud

I figure that it’s just my initial reaction and to give myself some time to adjust to the new sound. When I’m up to highway speeds, I’ve only used it for a few mins on base, I enjoy actually being able to hear the bike. I wear a Shoei gt air with a Cardo, so the stock exhaust was almost non-existent.
I have Brock-a-fied our quiet street:lol:

I figure that it’s just my initial reaction and to give myself some time to adjust to the new sound. When I’m up to highway speeds, I’ve only used it for a few mins on base, I enjoy actually being able to hear the bike. I wear a Shoei gt air with a Cardo, so the stock exhaust was almost non-existent.
I have Brock-a-fied our quiet street:lol:
There's an old saying that goes "don't crap where you sleep" which means it's always good to not piss off your neighbors.

There's an old saying that goes "don't crap where you sleep" which means it's always good to not piss off your neighbors.
And that’s pretty much how it is around here. I won’t be the one to rock that boat. I’ll use this exhaust for the coming riding season and reevaluate after that.

I see the Brock’s titanium CT duals don’t fit a gen3,because of shifter clearance. With the rear sets becoming available will this rectify the problem,I like the dual exhausts.
Has any body made them fit

I see the Brock’s titanium CT duals don’t fit a gen3,because of shifter clearance. With the rear sets becoming available will this rectify the problem,I like the dual exhausts.
Has any body made them fit
I thought Brock’s had a true Gen3 exhaust now…. I know early on they were just making the older exhaust fit. I’d call Brock’s and see and it could be that they don’t have a dual version but I’m pretty sure they have something for the Gen3 now.

They do have a gen 3 specific mid pipe now. The exhaust has two o2 sensors up from 1, so no need for an o2 adapter kit. There’s still no dual full exhaust setup that I know of. The problem currently is availability.
I thought Brock’s had a true Gen3 exhaust now…. I know early on they were just making the older exhaust fit. I’d call Brock’s and see and it could be that they don’t have a dual version but I’m pretty sure they have something for the Gen3 now.

Agreed! its a full system, fits beautifully, not a hard install, AND the 2 bungs make the diff.

Yosh has been making championship winning systems for years.

Akro too expensive for the tiny gains over the yosh, brocks system, even tho I swear by his extreme tunes, has the single bung, and a cross wire harness to make it work, and its a gen 2 system worked..

As it turned out, because I did the install, I learned about the fairing removal order, a good thing..lol.. not bad, either!

But, the system itself fit beautifully, it was set up on a gen3, no question.

Only tip I could give on hangin the system urself, is that lot of the directions are harder than need be, I took the lower oil cooler and radiator brackets off, swung them forward, took off the oil cooler line from the block, and the stock system slides out the right side nice as can be..amazing, as ugly, long, and heavy as it is..lol

Sound wise, its ffn loud..lol..especially on cold start up, when its in open loop...lotta bass..too much for living in harmony with ur neighbors.

I ordered the db killer next day, kills just enough so it can warm up, when it does, it quiets waaay down.

When the ecu gets cracked, I'm gonna see why that is when I set it up on the dyno.

Anyhow, it looks good, shaves off about 40 lbs, sounds great, and got the yosh scream on the big end.
How much oil do you lose? Did you just have to top the oil back off when done ? Any other steps? My yoshi will be here Saturday.

Back