Gen 3 exhaust options

Well I'm going to enjoy being here with you guys while I'm working on this bike, the trailer, and the other bike. When it's ready to go, I'll be back. I'll check in on you guys around Christmas time.:thumbsup:

I imagine you would need a remap without the restriction. Gen 2 was the same.

I'm sure there's small differences measured on the dyno, but I could only tell a dramatic difference in sound when I took the baffles out of my full dual Akrapovic on my gen2, and I liked the baffles in.
Akrapovic will tell you that it's exhausts run fine on stock tunes too.

yet to order. probably this one:

I just got this BW full exhaust last week for my Concours.
I am still disassembling the bike, so havn't installed it, but the quality is very good.
Even the packaging is really good.
These guys take pride in their work, and it shows.
I have put on Alot of exhausts over the years, and am really impressed with BlackWidow so far, especially for the money.
Everything is included too, all hardware, new exhaust gaskets(rare) and a full size tube of anti-sieze.

20220801_220436.jpg

Screenshot_20220710-221221_Chrome.jpg

And, it came directly from the UK to the U.S, Virginia...in 4 days!!

Last edited:
has somebody validated if Gen 1 or Gen 2 slip ons will fit Gen 3 ? Yoshimura can pairs for Gen 1/2 are available at almost half the price new.

Actually I'm going that route. Gen II slip on kits will work with aftermarket headers as long as the diameters are the same as the factory stock flanges, but you need the Gen III mid pipes. I'm referring to the little curved S pipes that come with the GEN 3exhaust kits. You can buy them individually, just contact Don at Chino Yoshimura, and he will order them for you. The left side is available, but the right side won't be back in stock until October.

If you have the stock factory header, you'll need a GEN II slip on set of mufflers, and the Gen III S pipes to make the kit work.

A piece of me wants to go retro RS-3 with carbon tips, and a piece of me wants to go R-77 carbon fiber. Doesn't really matter I guess, I'll get it figured out.

Last edited:
Actually I'm going that route. Gen II slip on kits will work with aftermarket headers as long as the diameters are the same as the factory stock flanges, but you need the Gen III mid pipes. I'm referring to the little curved S pipes that come with the GEN 3exhaust kits. You can buy them individually, just contact Don at Chino Yoshimura, and he will order them for you. The left side is available, but the right side won't be back in stock until October.

If you have the stock factory header, you'll need a GEN II slip on set of mufflers, and the Gen III S pipes to make the kit work.

A piece of me wants to go retro RS-3 with carbon tips, and a piece of me wants to go R-77 carbon fiber. Doesn't really matter I guess, I'll get it figured out.
What did you decide on the dual mufflers to go with the Max torque gen 3 headers?.. i am leaning to go this route too.. any pictures would be helpful

has somebody validated if Gen 1 or Gen 2 slip ons will fit Gen 3 ? Yoshimura can pairs for Gen 1/2 are available at almost half the price new.
they don’t “bolt” on bc the header piping is different but if you are handy with cutting and welding you can make them fit.

Racing Akrapovic full exhaust

Akrapovič

Awesome, I can’t say in words how much I like it.

The bike is much lighter ( -14 kg), sounds incredible, it produces considerably less heat at the foots, and the titanium full exhaust looks awesome in reality, much better than in the photos.

View attachment 1653323

View attachment 1653324
I agree with you...even I have the same system and it is awesome. Moreover with Akrapovic you are sure about the quality and performance. What you are promised is what you get.

I got a reply from Black Widow last week- They will be putting out a dual system, and I should get an email when they drop.
while the dual may look better in terms of performance and weight reduction you just can't beat the single muffler full system. This Get 3 has a slew of electronics and any small variation will cause some malfunction and a light to come on. Its best to go with the systems recommended by Suzuki or if there is a warranty issue they won't entertain it.

Back