Gen 3 exhaust options

I like the look of the stock pipes but not the sound. there is one option i am looking at but really want to see the options after the ECU get's unlocked.

4D877BBC-0284-4101-A0DC-46E2A70F0C3C.png

I really like the looks of the Gen3 stock exhaust too.
But, I would swap them though, and for full single or full dual exhaust with carbon fiber muffler(s).
For the big weight loss of the stock exhaust vs the aftermarket.
Losing 3 catalytic converters that put off Alot of heat.
Losing the metal mufflers that put off Alot of heat.
Having carbon fiber muffler(s) that you can literally grab bare handed with the bike running, as they radiate a very little amount of, heat compared to most of the heat going out of the tailpipe(s).
And, you get some more hp and torque, and there'll be a little more after a flash and dyno tune to go with it.
Too many pros to swapping the stock exhaust to something else, but, to each their own, but I do think the stock mufflers look really good, to be stock mufflers, lol very well articulated mate.

Can’t wait to hear it, maybe you can post a video?

I am also considering that exhaust, the single concern I have is about the looks.

Probably I am the only guy around here that loves the looks of the stock exhaust on the Gen3.
Here' is a short Dyno Pull I found on YouTube for the Full Akrapocic on new Busa. I do like the dual look, but from videos I have seen the Akta sounds sweet and added bonus is 30.8 lbs lighter than stock exhaust.

Racing Akrapovic full exhaust

Akrapovič

Awesome, I can’t say in words how much I like it.

The bike is much lighter ( -14 kg), sounds incredible, it produces considerably less heat at the foots, and the titanium full exhaust looks awesome in reality, much better than in the photos.

View attachment 1653323

View attachment 1653324
I have the same on my silver. It's the best sounding exhaust I've ever had, and I had akro dual on my gen2. The single side gen3 is amazing!

I have the Yosh four into one, but the red Yoshimura badge on the can throws off my color scheme. Does anyone know if you can buy a blue clear ceramic paint? Maybe a couple of layers of that, if it exists?

I have the Yosh four into one, but the red Yoshimura badge on the can throws off my color scheme. Does anyone know if you can buy a blue clear ceramic paint? Maybe a couple of layers of that, if it exists?

Maybe a local vinyl shop could make you an overlay that would cover the red with a shade of blue?

Another option is getting a different Yoshi badge from AliExpress. Drill the rivets out and re-rivet back on the new one? Example below, but search the site. There's a good bit of options, although unsure how the rivet hole dimensions compare to what you have.

Vinyl would melt. Good idea on the AliExpress options, I wasn't aware of those. But I didn't see anything that would work. Thanks anyway.

Vinyl would melt. Good idea on the AliExpress options, I wasn't aware of those. But I didn't see anything that would work. Thanks anyway.

Vinyl overlay should be fine if you went that direction, on my Gen2 I tinted the Yoshi emblem with light smoke vinyl to hide the red best I could. Didn't think to suggest simply tinting it, if anything, in the mean time, can do easily yourself and cheap.

SNC19716.jpg

Holy crap, that actually works? I would have thought that would have peeled off instantly! Great suggestion! Thanks a lot dude...

Was digging around over the weekend for some sort of cheap generic exhaust and never could find anything with the same pipe diameter, but did find a baffled exhaust tip that would work. For $15 shipped I'm tempted to give it a shot, only to make more noise with the ECU flash.

s-l1600.jpg

Here's the Max Torque header I bought. The cool thing about this is the output pipes are in the same locations, and diameters as the factory pipe so your slip on's will be a direct fit. 48 mm on the right and 45 mm on the left. The only thing I need to get modified is the O2 sensor for the wideband.

2E624878-F6AA-4E7E-88CB-83940A2FE5A8.jpeg

Back