Gen 3 exhaust options

My Gen 3 with a full Voodoo shorty exhaust installed.

1639246126860605513922798938460.jpg

εικόνα_Viber_2021-12-19_11-35-43-218.jpg

So far I clocked 12000 km with the standard cans. Suzi's Christmas present is a new full Akra system. It was installed last Thursday and these are my initial notes:
1. The bike feels nimble. It lost 14 kg. In alternating bends it changes diection faster, given the 55 rear tire profile as well.
2. Power is immediate. The initial soft throttle responce is gone. It feels more eager to accelerate. Dyno results from an independent shop showed 12,5 rear wheel power (in PS) increase, and it certainly feels like it. RWHP is now 188PS at 9900rpm. If you add up 5% for ram air you can touch 200PS at the rear wheel. Pretty impresive without ECU flashing. AFR is on the lean side, but not by much to worry about high temps. When ECU is unlocked it will get sorted.
3. The sound is deep and probably in illegal territories for Europe. It doesn't bother the rider above 110 kph. I will order the extra sound baffle that cuts 2 - 3 HP. No big deal really.
4. The cost was 1800 Euros installed, pretty good for a full system. The slip on Akra cans cost 2600 Euros with no real gain in weight or HP.
5. It looks relly nice.

Congratulations you Hayabusa looks amazing thank you for the detailed information ride safe merry Christmas and a happy healthy new year just keep us posted thanks from New York.

They way I understand it there is currently no full system that EC/ECE compatible (street legal in EU). Is that correct?

I asked Akrapovic if they would make one, they only repeated that they only have a "race" full system and street-compatible slip-ons. I'd rather wait for a full system.

They way I understand it there is currently no full system that EC/ECE compatible (street legal in EU). Is that correct?

I asked Akrapovic if they would make one, they only repeated that they only have a "race" full system and street-compatible slip-ons. I'd rather wait for a full system.

There won't be a Euro5 compateble full exhaust from anyone, and if there ever was...it would have catalytic convertors too, and the cost increase would be huge.
Unfortunately it is what it is now.

i kinda like the look of the gen2 carbon can. can anyone think of a reason it wouldn’t work on a gen besides the 2nd o2 bung. adding a o2 bung is easy and the adapters for the different size bungs are about $10 on ebay for a set. also the 2 gen systems are in stock. i know brocks has a kit but that is way over priced for a pair of washers/bolts, bung adapter, and 2 to 1 harness adapter. i see the gen3 has a extra bracket.

67AA547F-1A6D-46AE-B2B7-3E0055759DDE.jpeg

3D949091-4AAC-4456-81B0-A6E4CD81C8D3.png

i kinda like the look of the gen2 carbon can. can anyone think of a reason it wouldn’t work on a gen besides the 2nd o2 bung. adding a o2 bung is easy and the adapters for the different size bungs are about $10 on ebay for a set. also the 2 gen systems are in stock. i know brocks has a kit but that is way over priced for a pair of washers/bolts, bung adapter, and 2 to 1 harness adapter. i see the gen3 has a extra bracket.

View attachment 1645164

View attachment 1645165

The muffler hanger is fixed on the gen3.
On the gen2 the muffler hanger slides, and is not in that picture.
So the gen2 should fit.
The only thing may be the angle of the midpipe.

There won't be a Euro5 compateble full exhaust from anyone, and if there ever was...it would have catalytic convertors too, and the cost increase would be huge.
Unfortunately it is what it is now.
Thank you for the heads up. It never occurred to me to change the exhaust on my past bikes (the Busa will be the third), so I didn't think it through.

post pics of the header when it comes in. i kind of like the look of their tech 1 carbon muffler. i have a brock’s short meg on my gen 2 but with my gen3 i’m thinking the muffler exiting behind my head should be less of a headache for longer rides.

Just bought a new black and gold Gen 3 in the uk. What are my alternative exhaust options?
Congratulations right now not too many February most likely takeoff those big mufflers save 22 pounds sounds good leave on the heat shield take a look at my photo congratulations again awesome

Back