Gen 3 exhaust options

Brock's alien head was not available and Yosh not making theirs until Jan or Feb so I ordered the M4 GP19 full system this week. Called the company, it's not stocked they make it after you order so there is a 2-3 day delay before it is shipped. It will have bungs for both factory O2s and one for a wideband.

I think Brocks is just using the two into one 02 sensor connector to make the older exhausts fit.
Yosh is out with the AT2 that has 2 - 02 sensor bungs on it already, I've seen one installed and it looked and sounded nice, so I ordered mine 2weeks later at its first service.... sure hope its here before Feb!!

i think its cheaper just to add a bung to the earlier exhaust that to use the over priced conversion kit. 18mm to 12mm adapters are cheap, a 12mm o2 bung is cheap. a few washers to space the oil cooler are cheap. some exhaust companies that sell pipes for junk harleys already include the o2 adapters for earlier exhaust systems to use the 12mm sensors.

DA55CEEA-0E50-4E29-AE4A-33DD3259B3F7.png

093415AB-3D23-4671-88EB-FC1BC4655C5B.png

i think its cheaper just to add a bung to the earlier exhaust that to use the over priced conversion kit. 18mm to 12mm adapters are cheap, a 12mm o2 bung is cheap. a few washers to space the oil cooler are cheap. some exhaust companies that sell pipes for junk harleys already include the o2 adapters for earlier exhaust systems to use the 12mm sensors.

View attachment 1645221

View attachment 1645222
I actually ordered bungs and adapters planning to order a Yosh (my first choice) for a gen 2, had my buddy that has a bike shop call they told him it would not fit. Not sure why, looks like all gen 2 systems are bolting up. Maybe they were only saying this because the double O2s.

You could easily buy the full system and swap end cans as you please, find a shop that can make or modify the link pipe til your hearts content.

Received and installed (sorry it took a while I made a few other mods too) the M4 GP19 with black canister. Took about a week to get after ordering, that included a day or 2 for them to build it. It has both O2 sensor bungs plus the larger 18mm for a wideband. Sounds good and deep, maybe a little loud. It has the stage 1 insert that came installed. Have not rode it yet, hopefully tomorrow (Ohio weather).

Busa.jpg

M4 GP19.jpg

Thanks for the update Hayabusa looks awesome likewise New York 52 cloudy hopefully the weather is great for you as well looking forward for a video have a great weekend happy healthy new year brother

Received and installed (sorry it took a while I made a few other mods too) the M4 GP19 with black canister. Took about a week to get after ordering, that included a day or 2 for them to build it. It has both O2 sensor bungs plus the larger 18mm for a wideband. Sounds good and deep, maybe a little loud. It has the stage 1 insert that came installed. Have not rode it yet, hopefully tomorrow (Ohio weather).

View attachment 1645477

View attachment 1645478
Man I love this black on black. The chrome piece looks at home here. I saw another tonight at bike night with its orange pieces painted blue and it was sweet too.
Well done and thanks for the exhaust info!

On another thread, we were talking about the Akrapović dual muffler rear end. I got a hold of Martin over at Max torque cans, and he says he can build one with the bungs. Not bad on pricing. :firing:

I spoke to my Service manager and he said that the mufflers are really long similar to the stock but skinnier not sure how that will look and if you guys like that look short is the way to go check them out on YouTube.

Just bought a new black and gold Gen 3 in the uk. What are my alternative exhaust options?
Many congratulations Jimmy. Have a wonderful time with your bike. Yoshimura full system is the best. Yoshimura is owned by Suzuki & their products are high class & made perfect for these bikes.

Many congratulations Jimmy. Have a wonderful time with your bike. Yoshimura full system is the best. Yoshimura is owned by Suzuki & their products are high class & made perfect for these bikes.
Where did you hear Yoshimura is owned by Suzuki?

Yoshimura is not owned by Suzuki although Yoshimura did have a relationship with Suzuki for years and was part of their development team for race bikes...

I am a big fan of Yoshimura systems...

A dual muffler header to fit the Akropovic slipons?
If you give them a diameter on the end of the pipe I'm sure he could make the Akrapović slip on's fit. I just asked him if he could make me a dual muffler header with the O2 sensors. I don't have the Akrapović slip ons, so I would be getting a set of their slip on's. To mount to the end of the header.

If you give them a diameter on the end of the pipe I'm sure he could make the Akrapović slip on's fit. I just asked him if he could make me a dual muffler header with the O2 sensors. I don't have the Akrapović slip ons, so I would be getting a set of their slip on's. To mount to the end of the header.
Cool
The Akropovic slip-ons are also the same ones they used with their apparently discontinued full dual system.

Back