Gen 3 exhaust options

Call Don Franzen (909) 628-4722 ext 422. he's the Chino Yoshimura rep I go through. The muffler you're looking at is called hepta.

It comes from Japan in titanium, black, carbon fiber all sorts. I've been waiting for Don to get a hold of me with availability of that particular muffler set. Now I'm looking at a full dual system though.

Call Don Franzen (909) 628-4722 ext 422. he's the Chino Yoshimura rep I go through. The muffler you're looking at is called hepta.

It comes from Japan in titanium, black, carbon fiber all sorts. I've been waiting for Don to get a hold of me with availability of that particular muffler set. Now I'm looking at a full dual system though.
Thanks Spudley.
Yeah, Ive been all over the JP site checking it out. The Blue anodized with the White would look sweet IMHO.

Not sure about the JCMA vs other, have to read up on that. 96 & 92 dB measured at 4850 RPM's. Could be good.

So he can tell you if you can or can't get that full dual Yoshimura, and possibly with cf mufflers??

Honestly I haven't asked him. I was looking for slip on's before waiting on the edit option for our tuning. Now that with the rumors are Woolwich is cracked it open it still may be a while, but I'm comfortable moving forward with a full header and dual mufflers. I guess I should call and ask him.

I got a call back from Don, he said no dual muffler full systems for the GEN two, that means no full system for the GEN three.

We're gonna have to go another route on that. As far as the Hepta mufflers, he says he hasn't heard back from Japan but call him anyway and just put in some interest and that way maybe Japan or reply little quicker.

I got a call back from Don, he said no dual muffler full systems for the GEN two, that means no full system for the GEN three.

We're gonna have to go another route on that. As far as the Hepta mufflers, he says he hasn't heard back from Japan but call him anyway and just put in some interest and that way maybe Japan or reply little quicker.
Well that sucks.
Really hoped for a dual can full system from them.

Maybe a link pipe setup will be inbound from someone.

I guess the gen2 versions are long gone then too.
There was a full dual Yoshimura Japan gen2 version, with a few making it to the states...but it's been a decade, so...

Well that sucks.
Really hoped for a dual can full system from them.

Maybe a link pipe setup will be inbound from someone.
There are link pipes out of China where you can cut out the catalytic converter and just take the last part of the header and split it into two for a couple of decent slip on mufflers.

It'll take a little bit of fabrication but it can be done. You got to measure, cut, and then slide it in to get the slip-ons to line up right.

They're on eBay.

There are link pipes out of China where you can cut out the catalytic converter and just take the last part of the header and split it into two for a couple of decent slip on mufflers.

There on eBay.
Clamp-on or weld-on?
If it's weld on I'de be concerned how good their pot metal is.

We spoke about this earlier, it is a possibility.

Kind of dumb we have the worlds most expensive Hayabusa and we can't find a dual exhaust for the darn thing that doesn't have a catalytic converter stuck in it.:laugh:

I did speak to max torque and they'll make one. $621 for the header plus mufflers. Ceramic coating cost extra which I'd get, then a couple of slip on carbon fiber mufflers.

Talk to Martin.

Last edited:
That's for a gen2, I bet it won't fit.
The headpipes fit the head the same, but the gen2 and 3 cats are different.
I would think the header sides of the pipe wouldn't line up.
Also; is there a butterfly valve on the header between the middle downpipes on the gen3, with a cable actuated servo controlling it?
The gsxr does, along with another in the midpipe(like the gsxr1000 has always had).
If the gen3 has one in the stock header as well that's sucking power too.

Actually I think it was Kees, vanishing point, who measured it off of a GEN two exhaust diameter versus what we have for our exhaust on the three. They were the same.

It would take some adjustment but we could make it work.

I'm looking at the header right now in my garage and I don't see any cable, or butterfly valve.

Just 2 02 sensors, two sets of pipes coming along the side of the oil pan, and a box back here with the catalytic element. No butterfly, no cables, nothing else.

I got an email back from Akrapović. The guy either is out of touch, or doesn't understand what he's talking about.

He said the muffler systems they sell do not require the O2 sensor. Well I tried to explain to him that there are dealerships that have old header systems for the bikes that need the extra O2 sensor.

What I was actually asking was whether they could convert the titanium mufflers to carbon fiber and he said they do not offer that service.

I got an email back from Akrapović. The guy either is out of touch, or doesn't understand what he's talking about.

He said the muffler systems they sell do not require the O2 sensor. Well I tried to explain to him that there are dealerships that have old header systems for the bikes that need the extra O2 sensor.

What I was actually asking was whether they could convert the titanium mufflers to carbon fiber and he said they do not offer that service.

Must be the language barrier, even if he can speak English, because the gen2 Akropovic's do use the factory O2 sensor, but they do come with a 'bolt' to fill the O2 location if you choose not to use it.
I know Brocks had the O2 eliminator plug in harness for the gen2 at one time as well, and may still.

Back