Gen 3 exhaust options

Where did you hear Yoshimura is owned by Suzuki?

Yoshimura is not owned by Suzuki although Yoshimura did have a relationship with Suzuki for years and was part of their development team for race bikes...

I am a big fan of Yoshimura systems...
I was told this by this senior Suzuki motors engineer whom I had met a couple of years back for some work on my Gen 2 Busa. He told me about the quality of the Yoshimura systems and that Suzuki had bought over Yoshimura a few years back & they develop very safe systems tailor made for Suzuki bikes. Also here in India Suzuki is selling only Yoshimura & Akrapovic systems through the dealerships and any other system installed will make the warranty null & void.

I was told this by this senior Suzuki motors engineer whom I had met a couple of years back for some work on my Gen 2 Busa. He told me about the quality of the Yoshimura systems and that Suzuki had bought over Yoshimura a few years back & they develop very safe systems tailor made for Suzuki bikes. Also here in India Suzuki is selling only Yoshimura & Akrapovic systems through the dealerships and any other system installed will make the warranty null & void.
Unfortunately not true,it's a very close relationship like termignoni and Ducati. Yoshimura and Akrapovic are the ones that have jumped through hoops to create legal road systems or simply fall within the guidelines where it doesn't effect the engine to manufacture spec.

Unfortunately not true,it's a very close relationship like termignoni and Ducati. Yoshimura and Akrapovic are the ones that have jumped through hoops to create legal road systems or simply fall within the guidelines where it doesn't effect the engine to manufacture spec.
Yep, like Dai said...

Doesn’t sound right brother
You're absolutely correct.

I have a conversation with Rich Kelly going at Akrapovic. Seems they sell repair kits for most models. If you want CF, you buy the kit, drill the rivets, and "Voila" your titanium can be CF.

Need to clarify if they still sell that model CF, but it sounds doable. We'll get it figured out.

PS...just put in a muffler model request, and whether they have kits to work with.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Anyone here know Brock?
That could ask about what it would take to get an order of the old full dual header? If even possible?
How many a minimum order for him would be(he'd have to order x amount)?
And if even possible; what they would cost the customer?
Anyone have any contacts at Hindle?

Anyone here know Brock?
That could ask about what it would take to get an order of the old full dual header? If even possible?
How many a minimum order for him would be(he'd have to order x amount)?
And if even possible; what they would cost the customer?
Anyone have any contacts at Hindle?
I Contacted Brocks yesterday, no plans for a dual system so far as the rep knew.

I Contacted Brocks yesterday, no plans for a dual system so far as the rep knew.
Nah, I knew that.
I meant if anyone could talk to Brock and ask him if there was any way that he could get a batch of his gen2 dual header made again.
He had a full dual CT system for a few years, but that's been a while ago.

Are those the onyx you mentioned?
The Onyx is a black chrome finish for the R77's.

The Hepta Force is a Yosh Japan product-
Personally the blue anodized on the white Busa would look nice.
FF92E1CE-EE5E-4F65-9F58-57131370F27B.jpeg

I'd take a pair of Hepta slip on's bolted to someone else's full exhaust. Problem is, those Heptas are $1350 for a pair of mufflers with a couple of pipes.

All things considered they're built for a 48.25 mm pipe connection. If you can find a dual exhaust for much less with a 48.25mm exhaust connection, that pair would be very affordable.

Okay Chaps,

Here's the conversation with Rich Kelly, Akrapovic:

The resleeve kits are still available for the dual exhaust systems. I had to double-check with some folks at the factory, they told me the carbon fiber resleeve kits are not interchangeable with the titanium ones. Of course, if you'd still like to try the part number for the carbon fiber kit is P-RKS216RC45. I don't know the exact dimensions, but it should match those mufflers precisely. It comes with the rivets, sticker, bands and sleeve.

You'd want to order two kits, one for each muffler, and you can do it through any of our registered Akrapovic dealers or retailers here in the US.

Find a Retailer

Thanks!
-Rich

I have the info back from Max Torque Cans, Martin writes:

Hi Adam,

The OD of the header downpipes is 38mm Ø and the rear section is in 2" (50.8) Ø

Kind Regards

Martin
Max Torque Cans
01704 893337
www.maxtorquecans.com

Okay Chaps,

Here's the conversation with Rich Kelly, Akrapovic:

The resleeve kits are still available for the dual exhaust systems. I had to double-check with some folks at the factory, they told me the carbon fiber resleeve kits are not interchangeable with the titanium ones. Of course, if you'd still like to try the part number for the carbon fiber kit is P-RKS216RC45. I don't know the exact dimensions, but it should match those mufflers precisely. It comes with the rivets, sticker, bands and sleeve.

You'd want to order two kits, one for each muffler, and you can do it through any of our registered Akrapovic dealers or retailers here in the US.

Find a Retailer

Thanks!
-Rich

I have the info back from Max Torque Cans, Martin writes:

Hi Adam,

The OD of the header downpipes is 38mm Ø and the rear section is in 2" (50.8) Ø

Kind Regards

Martin
Max Torque Cans
01704 893337
www.maxtorquecans.com

Chaps,

Now, I just got off the computer with Martin at Max Torque, and he said they don't make a Gen II header for those that might want to bolt some Gen II cans, and add an 02 bung. Considering the Gen II fits, that could have been an option. I was investigating a Gen II header to fit a certain set of mufflers.

So at Max Torque, you can get a Gen III header for about $625, but the mufflers will have to specifically be Gen III length, and will be additional in cost. Still very affordable.

Spud.

Back