Gen 3 exhaust options

Please advise/recommend an exhaust which sheds the weight but remains as quiet as possible. As explained to me, well designed headers/exhaust systems reduce flow restrictions to increase HP and quiet mufflers are counter intuitive to that because they restrict flow. Would prefer to avoid undesirable attention.

Thanks, I've looked @ those online and am not sure if the mufflers and baffles have to be purchased separately.
Also, does the ECM have to be retuned or will it run just as well as stock with out?
Depends, you'll have to ask.
Akropovic mufflers used to come new with the baffles, but I don't know if they still do or not.
And, no, you do not need a new tune with a full Akropovic, and they will tell you that, but a good dyno tune will improve it.

Thanks, I've looked @ those online and am not sure if the mufflers and baffles have to be purchased separately.
Also, does the ECM have to be retuned or will it run just as well as stock with out?
1. ECU Remapping

"Recommended: For perfect performance, throttle response and durability, special developed mapping is recommended."

2. Akrapovič

"optional noise damper", yes...separate.

104.7 dB quoted with the race system w/o damper. Google is telling me 80 dB is Euro 5 max (double check).
almost 25 dB is much, much louder. Unsure what the dB killer reduces it to.

The db killer was xtra cost...that system came to me dry..the AT2 is considered a race system, no cats, so, being quiet aint the prime directive..lol

That being said, their are multiple db killers available from them..I got the least quiet, as the only time the bike is obnoxious is cold, when in open loop...1 1/2 mins later, it quiets waaaay down, and then, just has normal aftermarket pipe sound, till u put the hammer down.

Noticed no adverse fueling issues since install, at any range, temp, or throttle opening, but, the bikes actually run quite fat from the mfg.

When the ecu is cracked, cant do anything but get better..

Last edited:
Please advise/recommend an exhaust which sheds the weight but remains as quiet as possible. As explained to me, well designed headers/exhaust systems reduce flow restrictions to increase HP and quiet mufflers are counter intuitive to that because they restrict flow. Would prefer to avoid undesirable attention.
Full systems by Two brothers racing and M4 are also now available. Check them out. They don't seem too loud and shed weight by around 28-30lbs.

Got my new exhaust

20220128_220113.jpg

Very very beautiful, Too bad it is not possible here in Italy, and even worse for trips to the nearby and beautiful, through its streets, Austria, after seizure for decibel and anti-pollution road checks.

Back