Gen 3 exhaust options

You can see a difference in the midpipes on the black gen3 owner's bike, like the angle of them was adjusted with a cut and weld.
But, with the same header, exterior engine, frame, and swingarm on the gen2 and 3, maybe not.
@Vanishing Point said he would try to find out more.
Maybe the owner had to get creative with what was available.
Vance&Hines used to make the universal 4-2 header as well, but was an H pipe design, not the X pipe like Akropovic or Ti-Force had.
I think Hindle's gen1 full dual with high mount mufflers was an X pipe too(been a dozen years since I saw one of those in person, so I'm not sure).

Man I wanted duals but I’d hate to deal with that can while doing the chain maintenance and cleaning the bike.
I had them on my gen2, and being smaller than stock, they weren't in the way.
Regardless, one clamp bolt where the muffler slides on to the header, and the nut and bolt on the passenger peg hanger.
The muffler is off in under a minute and weighs about 2 lbs.

Chain maintenance ain't nothing when you have dual mufflers. If you know where to slide the cardboard and where to grease and clean the chain it takes 10 minutes.
:thumbsup:

Leaves me more time to detail !.

I put cf mufflers on everything I can too.
I prefer the look, but love that you can grab them bare handed with the bike running and not get burned, the majority of heat goes out the end instead of radiating off of them.

I've got the carbon fiber RS 3's with the carbon fiber tip on the 05, dual slip on's. Nothing exciting but yes exactly. When I first fired this motor in the garage on the new 2022, and I accidentally backed into the muffler with bare legs.

First thought I had was I'm getting rid of those darn things.

I wonder if I get the titanium cans if I can get akrapovic to re-build the mufflers in carbon fiber. Yoshimura did that for me on some stainless cans, completely converted them to carbon fiber.

I've got the carbon fiber RS 3's with the carbon fiber tip on the 05, dual slip on's. Nothing exciting but yes exactly. When I first fired this motor in the garage on the new 2022, and I accidentally backed into the muffler with bare legs.

First thought I had was I'm getting rid of those darn things.

I wonder if I get the titanium cans if I can get akrapovic to re-build the mufflers in carbon fiber. Yoshimura did that for me on some stainless cans, completely converted them to carbon fiber.
Contact them and see!
Let us know!

4943F614-503E-49A9-87DC-A0794B9C71C0.jpeg

I’ll take a full system please. (Especially on the white….)

Going to email Yosh USA now.

That is the Yoshimura Japan system, you’d likely have to go through a third party distributor like Webike.
Found them after a long boring scroll through google, one article mentioned them - as you mentioned, a Japan release only.

Figured what the heck and emailed Yosh USA.

Still hoping someone makes a decat link pipe more dual systems don’t hit the market.

Back