Gen3 MaxxECU project starting

Little plug and play flex fuel loop around the stock fuel line setup with a pressure sensor added for some testing, takes a minute to pop in withiut hacking stock lines

20230128_170848.jpg

Auxiliary harness for all the extra goodies

Nitrous enable toggle
Shift light or warning lamp
Laser ride height
Air shifter input/output
Fuel pressure
Oil pressure
NOS pressure

Adding an ethanol sensor just to test it over CAN

20230205_153308.jpg

20230205_153252.jpg

20230205_153239.jpg

The BoostsBySmith Gen3 2022 Hayabusa Plug&Play MaxxECU Sport will have plenty of available inputs and outputs using my ecu adapter with a number of stock things handled over CAN versus consuming of all the Maxxs available inputs.

All of the stock sensors are being used except map, baro (map sensor is built in on a maxxecu), narrowband o2 (maxxecu has a wideband o2 built in).

5 spare analog inputs with coolant, intake air temp, quick shifter load cell, gear position, and kickstand position handled over CAN in my ecu adapter box. Use these for pressure sensors, laser ride height, air shifter input, tire temp, shock travel, etc.

3 CAN based ground inputs for buttons and switches over CAN, use one of these for an arming switch for autoshift, or to arm nos, etc.

5 spare ground outputs
Gpo1,2,3, as well as ign5 and 6 going through mosfets to provide a useful output for air shifter, boost control, water pumps, shift light, nitrous solenoids, water injection, etc

3 additional lower speed general purpose ground outputs available through my ecu adapter over CAN, reserved for warning lamp or other things that dont require instantaneous precision control.

A few fun things that Maxx will do that you cant over stock: rolling launch control, infinite step adjustability on the fly using stock mode buttons, plus all of the normal fun stuff you can with standalones.

#maxxecu #hayabusa #gen3hayabusa #plugandplay

1677378868041_image.png

The BoostsBySmith Gen3 2022 Hayabusa Plug&Play MaxxECU Sport will have plenty of available inputs and outputs using my ecu adapter with a number of stock things handled over CAN versus consuming of all the Maxxs available inputs.

All of the stock sensors are being used except map, baro (map sensor is built in on a maxxecu), narrowband o2 (maxxecu has a wideband o2 built in).

5 spare analog inputs with coolant, intake air temp, quick shifter load cell, gear position, and kickstand position handled over CAN in my ecu adapter box. Use these for pressure sensors, laser ride height, air shifter input, tire temp, shock travel, etc.

3 CAN based ground inputs for buttons and switches over CAN, use one of these for an arming switch for autoshift, or to arm nos, etc.

5 spare ground outputs
Gpo1,2,3, as well as ign5 and 6 going through mosfets to provide a useful output for air shifter, boost control, water pumps, shift light, nitrous solenoids, water injection, etc

3 additional lower speed general purpose ground outputs available through my ecu adapter over CAN, reserved for warning lamp or other things that dont require instantaneous precision control.

A few fun things that Maxx will do that you cant over stock: rolling launch control, infinite step adjustability on the fly using stock mode buttons, plus all of the normal fun stuff you can with standalones.

#maxxecu #hayabusa #gen3hayabusa #plugandplay

View attachment 1663324
Is That all?!

Messing around with getting a normal air shifter and autoshifter working in conjunction with the stock quick shifter load cell. I wanted to be able to have seperate kill times for foot versus air and autoshifting.

Made a video that shows the tables that I am playing with in the Maxx software and how they work, it still amazes me all of the flexibility in this ECU. Quick shifter OFF = no air shifter or quick shifter, modes 1-3 can all have different shift force settings and different kill times associated with them (gear based kill times already but another layer on top of that). Autoshift can have different RPM thresholds for each gear.

Working on Ondre's bike today, added the oil pressure sensor with remote mounting kit, wired an ecu output to the dash, now we can tell the lamp when and how to come based on different conditions if desired.

Whats your opinion?

It can be solid with engine off and animated while running if wanted, with different thresholds if required under different conditions

Back