Gen3 Pricing

All dealers, car, bike, boat, etc...are never gonna quote a good price..if I had a salesperson quote bottom line on a conversation, they were fired..sounds cold, BUT, all dealers realize they aint running a museum..stuff gotta move, its on floorplan, which is costing interest every month..

Nor, as a business,not to leave any profit on the table if they can keep it...never know what someone thinks is a "good" deal..

Sit ur butt in the chair, talk to a manager, tell them you will buy TODAY, if the deal is right..no dealer will give you a price to go shopping on..

If you aint ready to buy, dont waste your, or, their time..

You might be surprised how easy it can be, IF its a dealership ya trust for service, and warranty work

I don't disagree.
I'm not really ready to buy today...but I can...and might.
So if I ask, what's the out the door cash price today, and it sounds good, I would have a hard time walking away.
When I call and ask the same, and the keep telling me retail, or higher otd...it's bs.

Like I said, a call will never get the price..retail only, is how most handle that, by typical training..its just how those businesses run, was in it 30+ yrs.

Not saying all do that, I personally never ran a store like that, but, NO deals over the phone..I told my sales force to use some salesmanship, get them in the store..NEVER refused a deal that was profit, no matter how small, as I mentioned, dealerships AINT museums... the vehicles can stay, they all gotta find new homes.

Like I said, a call will never get the price..retail only, is how most handle that, by typical training..its just how those businesses run, was in it 30+ yrs.

Not saying all do that, I personally never ran a store like that, but, NO deals over the phone..I told my sales force to use some salesmanship, get them in the store..NEVER refused a deal that was profit, no matter how small, as I mentioned, dealerships AINT museums... the vehicles can stay, they all gotta find new homes.
Problem is that I'm not driving hours in any direction trying to get someone to deal.
Local guys say retail.
The silver bike I sat on, I walked in with my friend who knows them, bought his bike there, buys parts there, as was there buying oil and filter.
He said my buddy is looking to buy a Busa. I asked, how much can I get it for today? He said $18,599 + .....no thank you.

Be patient My Brother. Right now you're in a stressful period. Slow your roll. The bike will come.

PS....Visit a few dealerships. Go in, walk around. Look at the Busas available. Talk to the salesman. "Then leave". Repeat. They play their game, you run a game of your own. You're the one with the money, they're the ones that need to make a sale. :firing:

Be patient My Brother. Right now you're in a stressful period. Slow your roll. The bike will come.

PS....Visit a few dealerships. Go in, walk around. Look at the Busas available. Talk to the salesman. "Then leave". Repeat. They play their game, you run a game of your own. You're the one with the money, they're the ones that need to make a sale. :firing:
I agree
and am in no hurry.
Problem is I can't walk in and out and play their games, as all the black Busas are an hour an 45 minutes or more away.

Ride the GSXR and make a day out of it.
That's no good either.
All the dealers are on/near major highways.
The backroads there to most any by majority are blind corners, lots of houses, traffic, not a fun ride.
I know the area and good riding roads for hours in any direction, and most of the dealerships don't fit into those trips.
I'm not going to keep pushing either.
I'm a "tell me what it costs" and "ok, I'll give you this" guy.
Which is usually followed by my anger, because the majority of dealers anywhere within a few hours are straight assh*les.
With usually a sharp or nasty reply.
I'm nice to them too, and wonder, do you really want to sell a bike.
They don't seem to care.
Again, I'm not paying thousands more for black, nor buying a cheaper silver.
I have my house deal in the works, and will be more serious in a couple months after I've moved in and gotten everything settled.
I'm pretty disapointed with what I've seen for gen3 pricing in the last few weeks anyway.
It's pretty much, $21k otd...or more
and I just don't see it as a $21k motorcycle.
Maybe $18k tops new ...but even that's hard to swallow when preorders were just over $16k otd, plus a free $400 jacket and a $250 seat cowl.
I only have a little money if I'm tight with it.
I even told the home loan guy no thanks today. I have a meeting with a lady tomorrow that'll be alot cheaper.
Every extra dollar I spend on a gen3 is one less for mods...

Here's one in Raleigh. Don't what is included though.

I called about that one a few weeks ago.
$18k otd...no tax, tag, or title.
Still the best price on a black one I've found.
Thanks

I was in the same boat as you. I called Stubb's Cycle in Houston (dealership out of state) that I bought my 09 from new. This is the pricing I got:

$22.5K out the door. I had to clarify this is with me paying taxes once I get home, YEP. I told them cash in hand, super easy transaction for their part. Even mentioned a used one I was looking at. They did actually come down after that, to 21,055 OTD if I had cash and was trailering it home. Again, had to clarify about me having to pay taxes because they're adding $2400 over MSRP.

Obviously I had to ask WTF for this $2400 upcharge. Supposedly it is due to freight cost increases due to COVID, was kind enough to screen shot the $410 destination charge on Suzuki website, lol. Also told me that is why no dealerships have any Suzuki bikes in stock, which not sure I believe (although can't confirm since our local dealership shut down years ago). I don't think many are willing to pay $2000 worth of supposed shipping costs from Japan to US for their bike.

I really did have a used one I was seriously looking at. Drove 3.5hrs to Shreveport this past Friday to pick it up. PO was a great seller and easy transaction. At the time it was (que the YouTube voice) THE CHEAPEST 2022 HAYABUSA IN THE NATION! haha. What I didn't expect was to see snow flurries half way up, this is Louisiana so not very common to see.

I don't recall exact pricing, but I believe I paid around $11.xK in 2010 for my 09. Same dealership, 12yrs later, bike is 2x the price. Crazy times.

Pics, just because I've been itching to share some and haven't made my thread yet. :)

PXL_20220204_183904486.jpg

PXL_20220205_000245977.jpg

Busas are at every dealer within 10 hours of me.
Every one has silver.
Most have all 3 colors, and 2 or 3 of each.
They've had them for months now.
They can keep them at their retail plus 3-5 ridiculous fees too.
My friend sent 4 guys to buy bikes from salesman at a dealer about 45 minutes south of here. He asked about a black gen3 from him about 3 weeks ago, told him his friend is looking for one(me).
He told me last night that the salesman has blown his phone up every day(besides sunday) since last week, at least twice a day.
"When are we coming to look at it??!!"
I told him we'll most likely ride down saturday morning, get an otd price...and leave.
They're getting desperate for sales apparently. Good.
Let it sit there another month or so and I'll go back again, and leave again if the price isn't right.
I know I can get one for $18k otd at another dealer, but that one leaves me paying tax, tag, and title, so still around $21k. Nah
I'll keep looking, I can wait, I'm not about to get in a hurry and throw away mod money.

Why do you have to pay these extra fees.
Can you explain what the Tax, Tag and title is in the US please.
Tax is simply that, around 5% of the purchase price.
Tag is the fee for the license plate.
Title is the fee for the Title of Any street legal vehicle(what it is, it's vehicle identification number, vin#, weight, number of axles, place and date of sale, mileage, and the Title follows the vehicle for it's lifetime, throughout all owners).
Tax, tag and title fees vary from state to state, and are paid in the state you live in.
Usually if you buy out of your state of residence, you must pay T, T&T out of pocket in your state, but some states will work with others.
The DMV handles T, T&T(deptartment of motor vehicles), this is done at a state level, and each state has their own.
If you buy a new or used bike(or anything street legal) at a dealer in your home state(or a state that will communicate with your state's dmv) then they will add T, T&T to the cash or financed price, meaning they handle the dmv work, and that is the law. However, you may pay cash or finance without Tag and Title in your state, if you choose, paying only price plus tax and go to the dmv yourself and pay for tag and title...which saves you nothing and is a waste of time.
So on an $18,600 bike, roughly $21k+ by the time you add T,T&T.
Then, many dealers want setup fee, freight fee, dealer paperwork, destination fee, and some want emmisions testing fees...add hundreds for each.
What exactly are these fees?
BS for the dealers to try and make more money.
Pre-covid, the majority of dealers all listed bikes for below retail, and most would drop more off of the price as well.
Consider if you preordered your gen3 through Suzuki's promo last year...you paid mid $16k otd(out the door price) plus a free jacket and seat cowl(about $650 combined).
So now you can see why it's hard to spend thousands more on a bike that's not really selling well.
The market for that priced motorcycle is not strong anyway, and the above reasons aren't helping.
So, I'll wait, they're not ripping me off.

I was in the same boat as you. I called Stubb's Cycle in Houston (dealership out of state) that I bought my 09 from new. This is the pricing I got: $22.5K out the door. I had to clarify this is with me paying taxes once I get home, YEP. I told them cash in hand, super easy transaction for their part. Even mentioned a used one I was looking at. They did actually come down after that, to 21,055 OTD if I had cash and was trailering it home. Again, had to clarify about me having to pay taxes because they're adding $2400 over MSRP. Obviously I had to ask WTF for this $2400 upcharge. Supposedly it is due to freight cost increases due to COVID, was kind enough to screen shot the $410 destination charge on Suzuki website, lol. Also told me that is why no dealerships have any Suzuki bikes in stock, which not sure I believe (although can't confirm since our local dealership shut down years ago). I don't think many are willing to pay $2000 worth of supposed shipping costs from Japan to US for their bike. I really did have a used one I was seriously looking at. Drove 3.5hrs to Shreveport this past Friday to pick it up. PO was a great seller and easy transaction. At the time it was (que the YouTube voice) THE CHEAPEST 2022 HAYABUSA IN THE NATION! haha. What I didn't expect was to see snow flurries half way up, this is Louisiana so not very common to see. I don't recall exact pricing, but I believe I paid around $11.xK in 2010 for my 09. Same dealership, 12yrs later, bike is 2x the price. Crazy times. Pics, just because I've been itching to share some and haven't made my thread yet. :) View attachment 1646920 View attachment 1646921
Straight up price gouging.

This is for my bike- picked up Saturday.
And trust me when I say this, everything is more expensive in Alaska…..usually.

As a sidenote, while I was there he was telling me that he recently shipped a motorcycle to another dealership in Pomona California, over 3500 miles away. It cost the customer less than $900.

7EC1D147-860E-4D37-90F3-BBAA040F8226.jpeg

Last edited:
Straight up price gouging.

This is for my bike- picked up Saturday.
And trust me when I say this, everything is more expensive in Alaska…..usually.

As a sidenote, while I was there he was telling me that he recently shipped a motorcycle to another dealership in Pomona California, over 3500 miles away. It cost the customer less than $900.

Now this is what I expected when I asked for a price from dealership, not $2400. I'd been okay with this from a dealership, although I'd still gotten the used one. IF they'd came off sticker it may have been a harder choice.

These dealers are smoking CRACK!!!

Tell them straight up you aren’t paying that crap and let them know it. There is to much inventory to even ask ADM at this point and even then I will never pay it.

Keep shopping and tell them point blank. You should be under $18k OTD with ALL tax, title, license, fees, setup, bs, etc.. It literally takes 10-minutes to un-crate and setup the bike. Even if you don’t know what you’re doing 30-minutes TOPS!

I wouldn’t pay a dime over! Not to mention you aren’t getting the jacket, plaque, or seat cowl included like the early orders. I’m tired of these dealers that are killing the motorcycle industry.

At least Ford, GM, etc and a few others are starting to crack down on the price gouging… :mad:

These dealers are smoking CRACK!!!

Tell them straight up you aren’t paying that crap and let them know it. There is to much inventory to even ask ADM at this point and even then I will never pay it.

Keep shopping and tell them point blank. You should be under $18k OTD with ALL tax, title, license, fees, setup, bs, etc.. It literally takes 10-minutes to un-crate and setup the bike. Even if you don’t know what you’re doing 30-minutes TOPS!

I wouldn’t pay a dime over! Not to mention you aren’t getting the jacket, plaque, or seat cowl included like the early orders. I’m tired of these dealers that are killing the motorcycle industry.

At least Ford, GM, etc and a few others are starting to crack down on the price gouging… :mad:
This^
100%
When I decided I had to have a gen3(recently), my brain was still in the precovid motorcycle world, where you could walk in most any dealer(at least within hours of me), and as said above, be out the door, and the total cost not even be retail.
I thought surely I could be otd, all in, in the high 16's, mid 17's.
That's ok...I'll wait.

Back