How many Concealed Carry permits here?

How many Concealed Carry permits here? - Curious, just took the class yesterday..

• Have permit already

Votes: 201 100.0%

• Total voters
Got mine! Had it for 3 years!
guns.gif

I carry when I can! Ruger P89 9mm in my trusty Comptac Minotaur Holster. LOVE IT!

I've had mine now 8 yrs and carry daily and will continue until that right, god forbid, is taken away.
beerchug.gif

I've had mine for a very long time. At least 12 years. I rarely carry mine but know that I can. I can't afford to forget and take it to work. Where I work, you wouldn't want to be caught with it even in your vehicle.

If I venture out where I'm even a little concerned, it's on me.

If the laws wern't written for the criminals, it would actually be worth having. The day you use it on a bad guy, you'll prolly find yourself at the mercy of another dumb jurur....

i have had a permit for four years, to this day i have never carried a gun.
15 years and carry in both vehicles loaded with safety off. Also stashed in every room in the house.
winkold.gif

This is the land of cowboys you know.
thumb_up.gif
Carry on bike also when on long trips. Snakes ya know.
sadnews.gif

r8
Dude, must be some list of artillery...
SHOCKED.gif

Bought my second handgun last week, Glock 23 .40 cal and LOVE it!! It's the compact (between subcompact and full size just like cars for non-gun owners) and fits my medium hand perfectly. I was totally impressed with the simplicity of the design, and the lack of levers and crap all over the gun that some semiauto's have.

Well, the poll doesn't surprise me- somehow I expected this bunch of individualists to have quite a few who wish to be in control of their destiny in all situations, even bad ones...

glock23__Medium_.jpg

The wife and I both have our CC permits. I never leave the house without being armed. To date I have never had to pull a weapon and hope that I never do but I refuse to be in a situation where I wish I was armed!

What are the requirements for your permit? They are pretty lax in Alabama compared to other states. A background check and $10 the 1st year and $5 a year there after.
Dang...it cost us 35 each year. Guess different counties have different rules.

If the laws wern't written for the criminals, it would actually be worth having. The day you use it on a bad guy, you'll prolly find yourself at the mercy of another dumb jurur....
Good point- found a place that you can buy legal "insurance" for $35/3 months that pays your legal fees if you have to go to court to defend a legal shoot. They listed several court cases where the permit holder was acquitted, but spent $10000-80000 proving it...
cursin.gif

I'll be doing this...

I live in IL the land of the Gun Nazi's.
banghead.gif

We are 1 of the only 2 states in the United States of America
that does NOT allow a CCW......and it's probably why
our state has one of the highest crime rates.....f'n retards.

Here's an interesting GIF I found ages ago. I'm an NRA member tho.

Well....I can't find the GIF showing the years of improvement...
but this gives you an idea. I'm eagerly waiting for the US Supreme Court
ruling on the 2nd amendment, in case you guys don't know > http://www.cbsnews.com/stories....7.shtml

All of you who are Pro-Gun look up the mandatory gun law of Kennesaw Georgia
and how QUICKLY it reduced crime rates in that area.....it's a must know
piece of information they try to stifle in the news. ;)

RightToCarryStates.gif

Just to save the trouble of looking it up-
winkold.gif

WND Exclusive
25 years murder-free
in 'Gun Town USA'
Crime rate plummeted after law
required firearms for residents
Posted: April 19, 2007
1:52 pm Eastern

© 2008 WorldNetDaily.com

Kennesaw, Ga., City Hall

As the nation debates whether more guns or fewer can prevent tragedies like the Virginia Tech Massacre, a notable anniversary passed last month in a Georgia town that witnessed a dramatic plunge in crime and violence after mandating residents to own firearms.

In March 1982, 25 years ago, the small town of Kennesaw "“ responding to a handgun ban in Morton Grove, Ill. "“ unanimously passed an ordinance requiring each head of household to own and maintain a gun. Since then, despite dire predictions of "Wild West" showdowns and increased violence and accidents, not a single resident has been involved in a fatal shooting "“ as a victim, attacker or defender.

The crime rate initially plummeted for several years after the passage of the ordinance, with the 2005 per capita crime rate actually significantly lower than it was in 1981, the year before passage of the law.

Prior to enactment of the law, Kennesaw had a population of just 5,242 but a crime rate significantly higher (4,332 per 100,000) than the national average (3,899 per 100,000). The latest statistics available "“ for the year 2005 "“ show the rate at 2,027 per 100,000. Meanwhile, the population has skyrocketed to 28,189.

By comparison, the population of Morton Grove, the first city in Illinois to adopt a gun ban for anyone other than police officers, has actually dropped slightly and stands at 22,202, according to 2005 statistics. More significantly, perhaps, the city's crime rate increased by 15.7 percent immediately after the gun ban, even though the overall crime rate in Cook County rose only 3 percent. Today, by comparison, the township's crime rate stands at 2,268 per 100,000.

This was not what some predicted.

In a column titled "Gun Town USA," Art Buchwald suggested Kennesaw would soon become a place where routine disagreements between neighbors would be settled in shootouts. The Washington Post mocked Kennesaw as "the brave little city "¦ soon to be pistol-packing capital of the world." Phil Donahue invited the mayor on his show.

Reuters, the European news service, today revisited the Kennesaw controversy following the Virginia Tech Massacre.

Police Lt. Craig Graydon said: "When the Kennesaw law was passed in 1982 there was a substantial drop in crime "¦ and we have maintained a really low crime rate since then. We are sure it is one of the lowest (crime) towns in the metro area." Kennesaw is just north of Atlanta.

The Reuters story went on to report: "Since the Virginia Tech shootings, some conservative U.S. talk show hosts have rejected attempts to link the massacre to the availability of guns, arguing that had students been allowed to carry weapons on campus someone might have been able to shoot the killer."

Virginia Tech, like many of the nation's schools and college campuses, is a so-called "gun-free zone," which Second Amendment supporters say invites gun violence "“ especially from disturbed individuals seeking to kill as many victims as possible.

Cho Seung-Hui murdered 32 and wounded another 15 before turning his gun on himself.

not allowed in Illinois
guns.gif
firedevil.gif
IS IT NOT ALLOWED IN ILLINOIS OR JUST IN CHICAGO?
IL STATE does not allow CCW's
CHICAGO has banned every citizens right to own a handgun.....period.

And as someone just showed you the article above about Kennesaw Ga
it's a proven fact that mandatory gun ownership DRAMATICALLY decreases
crime. However these f***tards refuse to acknowledge the obvious facts
and ban our rights to self defense. ANYONE who tells you less guns =
less crime is a f'n idiot. All statistics prove absolutely otherwise.
Look at England, Australia, DC, Chicago, etc.

SOME Gun Control works, but they use it as an all encompassing term
to throw too much gun grabbing under that title, so they abuse it.
I'm pro-SOME gun control (registering, 3 day wait + background check, felony offender = no) that's it.

This is one of my favored GIF's in this argument.
This is IL's form of Gun Rights / Control.

no_gun_control.jpg

Back