Initial impressions of Gen 3 Busa and a few questions

Heilbars 1” riser are amazing for long road trips. I have set U1 to all nanny aids off big improvement for throttle response. 1st gear power on wheelies are too easy. 2nd gear with a bounce comes up so smooth. 5’ 10” 220lbs
Just out of interest, how is U1 different to A mode? Isn't the A mode basically all nanny aids off other than the bare minimum traction control and wheelie control.

I hate my throttle too, way to stiff and without cruise control any type of long riding feels impossible. I even asked my dealer if it could be adjusted and they told me no. I have a GSXR as well and its throttle feels 80% lighter.
Glad I am not the only one facing this issue. I will let you know once I have the lighter spring installed.

Welcome from central Florida

I did Helibars and 40mm drop pegs, I like both mods a lot.

I haven’t noticed my throttle being stiff but I have big hands and forearms. I constantly use my cruise control because my hands go numb pretty quick, I probably have carpal tunnel.

As far as the punch I had 2 ZX11’s and I had to beg them to lift the front wheel, my gen 3 is not flashed and I can twist the throttle and up it comes and I weigh 250 pounds. I run in U3 mode with the lift control turned down to 1.
And thanks for the welcome from soggy UK :D.

Can I ask what drop pegs you've used on your gen 3 busa. And did you need to adjust the gear and brake levers?

I was thinking of using these Austauschfußrasten Touring, Fahrer, schwarz with an extension kit that drops the pegs by 20mm. 40mm ones that you've installed would be better obviously!

And thanks for the welcome from soggy UK :D.

Can I ask what drop pegs you've used on your gen 3 busa. And did you need to adjust the gear and brake levers?

I was thinking of using these Austauschfußrasten Touring, Fahrer, schwarz with an extension kit that drops the pegs by 20mm. 40mm ones that you've installed would be better obviously!
M-Factory 40mm and they are clickable. I lowered the shift lever just shy of touching the kickstand and I lowered my rear brake pedal also and readjusted the brake light switch.

The M-Factory drop pegs fit gen 3 with no mods.

If you seen the photo below of my pegs and that’s what you’re talking about then I’ll get to the little bit of complicated part of the story. After installing the M-Factory set and wanting some more comfort I bought the “black dually style pegs” but these are not drop pegs so I did a little bit of machining to combine the two sets together.

See thread “List all your Gen 3 Mods” where myself and other members talked about my pegs. I’m glad to assist you any way I can.

If you’re only talking about a pretty good drop peg set for a low cost without the big wide foot peg like I have then I definitely liked the M-Factory drop peg.

8B7546CA-1955-438E-AE8D-537D3762B372.jpeg

Glad I am not the only one facing this issue. I will let you know once I have the lighter spring installed.
I also noticed this when I first got the bike. I think I even mentioned it in one of my vids a couple of years ago. Thousands of miles later I've gotten used to it and even after riding my ZX10 or GSXR600 and switching back to the Busa I don't really notice or think about it anymore.

Yeah 100%. Lighter throttle spring will be installed over the next couple of weeks. It is interesting to see that some people face this issue and some don't. Perhaps it is a certain batch of springs which are marginally different?

Yes sir, I agree.
A batch of heavier springs would be possible at anytime...let alone with all the other gremlins some of these bikes seem to be having.

I own a silver Gen 3 Busa and it is almost time for its first service
Congrats!!!
I am in my 40s so not exactly youthful :p
I'm turning 49 next month you are in good company here.

Last but not least, and this could well be because the bike is new and has not been run in yet, but the power delivery is not as snappy as I would like. There is plenty of power of course and the mid range is good but the delivery/punch is not as I was expecting.
The Moore Mafia ECU flash will add some snap and basically takes the throttle plates to match the throttle tube.

Perhaps once it has done another 500 miles maybe an ecu tune with all the crap EU restrictions removed and a full akra will change things. I'd be interested to know what other people's experiences are when it comes to an uncorked Busa vs a stock one with stock pipes.
Plenty of pipe options out there in varying ranges of cost. I went with the M4 full headers 4 into 1 because it was cost effective and I've used there products in the past. All in all lost almost 60 lbs from the bike. Each muffler is 25 lbs. The M4 muffler is around 5lbs. The Busa's headers, collectors, etc...is all one piece. The entire stock exhaust system is like 80 lbs. It's dumb.

Just out of interest, how is U1 different to A mode? Isn't the A mode basically all nanny aids off other than the bare minimum traction control and wheelie control.
It’s the same from the factory but I have set U1 to all aids off…. I notice a sizable power decrease with traction and wheelie control are on. Not to mention that wheelie control is unpredictable even in the lowest setting. Sometimes I get 6” of lift and other times I get 15-20”. With the lift control off the bike will stand at 12 o-clock when rpm is > ~4.5k in first gear. Second gear power wheelies were not possible until I turned off lift and traction control (this does take a small bounce to get the front end to come up. To achieve the second gear power on, I release the throttle -> allow the front to dip-> snap the throttle WO and give a little tug on the way up…. My measurement is by seat of the pants so I can’t say for certain that the bike is truly faster but it sure does feel like it.

Hi All,

I own a silver Gen 3 Busa and it is almost time for its first service. Due to work commitments and other bikes I don't use the Busa as much as I would like. Having said that, I did a 400 mile trip last weekend that included a track day rider training session. It was a small track so I managed to keep the revs fairly low without any issues.

On the way back home I noticed that the throttle spring is quite stiff, and I ended up using the cruise control to get my forearms to recover which is not ideal. Just wondering if anyone else also faced this problem. My Kawasaki and BMW have a much lighter throttle and I've never had this problem before.

Admittedly I haven't ridden a bike with clipons in a while, my last sport tourer was a ZZR-1400/ZX-14R, and I am not sure if it is my imagination but the Busa's pegs are definitely a bit high. Do people use slightly lower foot pegs and bar risers to make their bikes more comfortable? For reference I am in my 40s so not exactly youthful :p

Last but not least, and this could well be because the bike is new and has not been run in yet, but the power delivery is not as snappy as I would like. There is plenty of power of course and the mid range is good but the delivery/punch is not as I was expecting. To be clear I am comparing it to my other bike which is a Z-H2 with a flashed ecu and a full race exhaust so probably not a fair comparison :D, but from memory (and this is subjective of course), my old Kawasaki 1400 (which was also flashed and derestricted) had an instant pull which seems to be missing from the Busa.

Perhaps once it has done another 500 miles maybe an ecu tune with all the crap EU restrictions removed and a full akra will change things. I'd be interested to know what other people's experiences are when it comes to an uncorked Busa vs a stock one with stock pipes.
Congrats on the purchase!

The throttle is going to be stiff. Ride by wire will do that.... As far as pegs, I do a lot of leaning on the bike so the pegs are comfortable in that position... As far as a snappy power delivery. When you get the Busa from Dealer the ride mode is going to be on "C". Which is rain mode in essence. Low power, high traction, and lift. Changing it to Mode "A" will help get you that snappy power you want.

I also noticed this when I first got the bike. I think I even mentioned it in one of my vids a couple of years ago. Thousands of miles later I've gotten used to it and even after riding my ZX10 or GSXR600 and switching back to the Busa I don't really notice or think about it anymore.
I saw one of your videos today in fact and noticed that you mentioned the stiffness of the throttle return spring, and that you got used to it. I think I'll use the bike for a while and see if I get used to it as well.

Hi All,

I own a silver Gen 3 Busa and it is almost time for its first service. Due to work commitments and other bikes I don't use the Busa as much as I would like. Having said that, I did a 400 mile trip last weekend that included a track day rider training session. It was a small track so I managed to keep the revs fairly low without any issues.

On the way back home I noticed that the throttle spring is quite stiff, and I ended up using the cruise control to get my forearms to recover which is not ideal. Just wondering if anyone else also faced this problem. My Kawasaki and BMW have a much lighter throttle and I've never had this problem before.

Admittedly I haven't ridden a bike with clipons in a while, my last sport tourer was a ZZR-1400/ZX-14R, and I am not sure if it is my imagination but the Busa's pegs are definitely a bit high. Do people use slightly lower foot pegs and bar risers to make their bikes more comfortable? For reference I am in my 40s so not exactly youthful :p

Last but not least, and this could well be because the bike is new and has not been run in yet, but the power delivery is not as snappy as I would like. There is plenty of power of course and the mid range is good but the delivery/punch is not as I was expecting. To be clear I am comparing it to my other bike which is a Z-H2 with a flashed ecu and a full race exhaust so probably not a fair comparison :D, but from memory (and this is subjective of course), my old Kawasaki 1400 (which was also flashed and derestricted) had an instant pull which seems to be missing from the Busa.

I have the exact same bike. I dropped my pegs 40mm courtesy of eBay and they're still too high. The throttle is not stiff on my bike. I am having an ABM Superbike handlebar kit installed as we speak. I am too old and stiff to ride for very long in a leaned-over position. 2 hours is tops in stock configuration.
I'm planning to swap out the exhaust system and get the ECU flashed as well.
It took me a while to get used to the bike. I have 2400 miles on it and I'm starting to feel pretty comfortable. It's really a nice bike.

Did the knight 1 inch drop, nice pegs and any lower than 1½ inches you may not be able to adjust the shifter ect properly just my 2 cents
I agree, I dropped my pegs 1-1/2” / 40mm and I adjusted my shifter down as far as I can that it will still go in 1st Gear. Even their I have to kick my knee out just a little so I can put my foot on top of the shifter without lifting my foot off the peg.

Back