It’s time to grow up

Tetsuo1000

Registered
The ‘99 Hayabusa left a mark, it blew all of our much younger minds. And now we want that again, like a heroin addict always chasing that first high.

Well we are grown up.

We are disappointed with numbers, weight, hp are not improved! That is all that matters! Suzuki is dead! Kawasaki’s pee on its corpse!

Be quiet, adults are talking now...

Euro 5 emissions. They did that, and it is crazy. They did it while improving the character of the motor without making it smaller and forcing induction. Maintaining the essence of our bike in the face of choking, asthmatic restrictions.

Evolution styling. Like the 911, refining and maintaining what makes a Hayabusa while adding fine details that add to pride of ownership. From the dash to the integration of signals. This is not civic, it is a Bugatti.

Electronics. Instead of bolting on the safety nannies they thoughtfully integrated all of the modern electronics and elevated it to new levels.

Reliability. They changed so much in the motor, just so it will last life times. Lengthening roller bearings, stronger pistons, better cooling, rolled threads instead of cut. So much work not to go faster but to make sure that this is a legend that you can keep for a lifetime and gift to your kids. What other engineers would do this? They care so much for this legacy.

The 2021 Hayabusa is special like no other motorcycle, they didn’t try to blow us away with hp, instead they made the best motorcycle they could.

If you want the best in weight and power spend twice as much on a Panigale V4 you will be happy. If you want the best sport bike made, buy a 2021 Hayabusa.

The ‘99 Hayabusa left a mark, it blew all of our much younger minds. And now we want that again, like a heroin addict always chasing that first high.

Well we are grown up.

We are disappointed with numbers, weight, hp are not improved! That is all that matters! Suzuki is dead! Kawasaki’s pee on its corpse!

Euro 5 emissions. They did that, and it is crazy. They did it while improving the character of the motor without making it smaller and forcing induction. Maintaining the essence of our bike in the face of choking, asthmatic restrictions.

Evolution styling. Like the 911, refining and maintaining what makes a Hayabusa while adding fine details that add to pride of ownership. From the dash to the integration of signals. This is not civic, it is a Bugatti.

Electronics. Instead of bolting on the safety nannies they thoughtfully integrated all of the modern electronics and elevated it to new levels.

Reliability. They changed so much in the motor, just so it will last life times. Lengthening roller bearings, stronger pistons, better cooling, rolled threads instead of cut. So much work not to go faster but to make sure that this is a legend that you can keep for a lifetime and gift to your kids. What other engineers would do this? They care so much for this legacy.

The 2021 Hayabusa is special like no other motorcycle, they didn’t try to blow us away with hp, instead they made the best motorcycle they could.

If you want the best in weight and power spend twice as much on a Panigale V4 you will be happy. If you want the best sport bike made, buy a 2021 Hayabusa.

200.gif

I guess it's the "street cred" we crave...It's nice to know you are the owner of the biggest and baddest even if you don't use it...I guess that's why so many silver hairs are driving around in new Corvettes which will never see over 120 kms/hr.

To ride a motorcycle like the Hayabusa at anywhere near it's potential on the street is ludacris at best. That's just having a death wish-it's not a matter of if you get in a wreck but when if you are aggressive with this bike on the street where cars and trucks rule.

That being said, factory cruise control and a more relaxed riding position is almost worth the price tag.

Gen 3 0.2 seconds faster 0.62 ,
But slower top end, don't no if to laugh or cry
How often do we ride our Hayabusas in the top end really?? I know the roads around where I live won't support that sort of speed as they are rough as heck.

I admit, I am all over the map with this one as in one hand I really wanted the Hayabusa to quell all others and put the smack down on all comers....on the other hand, I love my bike and any improvement on it's design is a win as it is already the whole package.

How often do we ride our Hayabusas in the top end really?? I know the roads around where I live won't support that sort of speed as they are rough as heck.

I admit, I am all over the map with this one as in one hand I really wanted the Hayabusa to quell all others and put the smack down on all comers....on the other hand, I love my bike and any improvement on it's design is a win as it is already the whole package.
Daily. I rode my bike like it had red hair and was a step child. Top speed runs daily, red line every shift. After building the motor, the break in before red line was the time it took to put my helmet on. Then it was wide open from there.

Daily. I rode my bike like it had red hair and was a step child. Top speed runs daily, red line every shift. After building the motor, the break in before red line was the time it took to put my helmet on. Then it was wide open from there.
That's pretty shocking with a bike as fast and powerful as the Hayabusa...you were a LEO as well weren't you?

Same things were said when the Gen 2 came out. I am like @Bumblebee, disappointed but understand. There was a 12 year gap between versions, so COVID can be to blame for it entirely though it certainly played a part. I will own one simply because I am a Hayabusa enthusiast and want to say that I owned all 3 iterations of the iconic motorcycle.

Yup. Stock Hayabusa was easily and quickly maxed out. That was slow compared to the built motor 1397 which was very fast. Much much faster than a stock Busa.

Maybe they'll make a North American tune. They send them out in different colors for different countries so why couldn't the retune it as well. With all the electronics it would be very easy to boost those numbers.

Suzuki had 13 years to do the gen3. Could've done a 1441 to meet up with Kawi but no. Even though your customers have repeatedly asked for a 1441.
Adding all the electronics and other mods the other sport bikes in their line up have had for years now shouldn't be a big thing. At this time those were expected. 22 years with the same heavy frame... 22 years.
They couldn't even revamp it? Come on...

Now it's pushing $19k. Pass.

Last edited:
Good point. For a lot of people, that's a major consideration. I'm so old I probably won't outlast the container of catsup in my fridge.

Well we are grown up.

They had 14 years to make it the baddest thing in a straight line... and keep the essence of the bike...

Suzuki must read what you said and think "Great - someone who believes our porkies"

Other manufacturers have added some HP and got Euro5 compliant.. i could even forgive them for only a slight increase in power but less power and torque too.... WTF!!!!

The marketing bullshit says "we tried lots of various engines but decided to stick with what we had as it represented the best compromise".. the reality is "we spent as little money as we could by just tweaking the old engine".. they could have given us VVT or something, but no.. the penny saving excercise couldnt even stretch to that.

I want the fastest baddest-ass bike on two wheels.. AKA "The Busa".

I waited 14 years and we didnt get that...

If you want drivability and comfort etc buy a GS... The Busa should scare you and have the respect of other bikers.. i can already hear the "its not as powerful as the old one is it" trolls getting the ammo ready.. imagine how the Kwaka boys must be laughing at us!!!

So sad...

I guess with as much as bikes cost now the whole reliability idea and even extended warranty is a good thing.

imagine how the Kwaka boys must be laughing at us!!!
No one is laughing at you for how much hp your motorcycle makes. You are awesome and so is your bike.
I guess it just means that Kawasaki is smarter, And Im all growed up thank you.
Instead of comparing it to another bike try to understand it for what it truly is. More hp does not mean smarter. They chose not to compare it to other bikes, instead they chose to make it a better motorcycle and did not feel more hp would be a criteria. And although I was disappointed too at first based or the statistics after reflecting on it I gained a better understanding.
They made the best Hayabusa yet.
And comparison is the thief of joy :D
Understand it as if the H2 doesn’t exist first, and as a complete motorcycle. Then once you understand it’s soul then compare, you may find it is Kawasaki and Ducati who are lacking.
Or don’t. Just don’t let it get you upset
And I am sure you are all growed up! Lol that was well said!

Back