It’s time to grow up

The ZX14R isn't that far ahead of the Hayabusa as far as performance goes, and everything I've read or have heard the Hayabusa is quicker in the corners and only slightly slower in the straightaways....

Turn on these power controllers so you can get more power out of a corner and not spin or lift the front tire and you never know-add in the quick shifter and this bike should be pretty stout when it comes to quickness.

You jump on a gen 1 or gen 2 Hayabusa and try to flog it hard and these power controllers such as launch control, wheelie control and traction control would be pretty handy...you have to be able to get that power to the pavement.

I'd like to see a video where a gen 3 goes up against either gen stock Hayabusa or a stock ZX14R in real day to day riding, not just on a drag strip.

Last edited:
They played around with a 6 cylinder turbo engine in the Busa
OMG that must have been a thrill

Still wish they increased th HP

It was interesting when the test rider was speaking. He was the test rider for all three generations and is impressed by this one-(of course he is a paid employee of Suzuki).

As for Hp, that's where our gurus come into play....I'm sure they'll crack the nut and bring the gen 3 into the forefront where it belongs.

The ‘99 Hayabusa left a mark, it blew all of our much younger minds. And now we want that again, like a heroin addict always chasing that first high.

Well we are grown up.

We are disappointed with numbers, weight, hp are not improved! That is all that matters! Suzuki is dead! Kawasaki’s pee on its corpse!

Be quiet, adults are talking now...

Euro 5 emissions. They did that, and it is crazy. They did it while improving the character of the motor without making it smaller and forcing induction. Maintaining the essence of our bike in the face of choking, asthmatic restrictions.

Evolution styling. Like the 911, refining and maintaining what makes a Hayabusa while adding fine details that add to pride of ownership. From the dash to the integration of signals. This is not civic, it is a Bugatti.

Electronics. Instead of bolting on the safety nannies they thoughtfully integrated all of the modern electronics and elevated it to new levels.

Reliability. They changed so much in the motor, just so it will last life times. Lengthening roller bearings, stronger pistons, better cooling, rolled threads instead of cut. So much work not to go faster but to make sure that this is a legend that you can keep for a lifetime and gift to your kids. What other engineers would do this? They care so much for this legacy.

The 2021 Hayabusa is special like no other motorcycle, they didn’t try to blow us away with hp, instead they made the best motorcycle they could.

If you want the best in weight and power spend twice as much on a Panigale V4 you will be happy. If you want the best sport bike made, buy a 2021 Hayabusa.

A V4 isnt twice as much.
I have both.

I have the feeling the new busa will cater to the people better who do big miles with its cruise control and its handle bars closer to the body it should be a mile munching beast I am sure we will see a few in a iron butt rally rides :thumbsup:

They had 14 years to make it the baddest thing in a straight line... and keep the essence of the bike...

Suzuki must read what you said and think "Great - someone who believes our porkies"

Other manufacturers have added some HP and got Euro5 compliant.. i could even forgive them for only a slight increase in power but less power and torque too.... WTF!!!!

The marketing bullshit says "we tried lots of various engines but decided to stick with what we had as it represented the best compromise".. the reality is "we spent as little money as we could by just tweaking the old engine".. they could have given us VVT or something, but no.. the penny saving excercise couldnt even stretch to that.

I want the fastest baddest-ass bike on two wheels.. AKA "The Busa".

I waited 14 years and we didnt get that...

If you want drivability and comfort etc buy a GS... The Busa should scare you and have the respect of other bikers.. i can already hear the "its not as powerful as the old one is it" trolls getting the ammo ready.. imagine how the Kwaka boys must be laughing at us!!!

So sad...
BUT thats just your point of view, i personally hate kawasakis looks and the way they ride isnt that what counts in the real world? all the gsxrs are better than the rest I've just ridden the latest zx10r nothing compared to my gsxr1000 except if your a numbers guy who doesn't do any real world riding and sorry sorry the busas are the best bike by far

I think everyone is moaning too soon. Every bike is like this. The Euro5 emissions bikes are MONSTERS when uncorked. I think if you give the Gen 3 about 6 months you might be surprised in the numbers it can make once the ECU is flashed and the exhaust is changed.

I think everyone is moaning too soon. Every bike is like this. The Euro5 emissions bikes are MONSTERS when uncorked. I think if you give the Gen 3 about 6 months you might be surprised in the numbers it can make once the ECU is flashed and the exhaust is changed.
and I think Suzuki knows this and is expecting this...their hands were tied with Euro5 emissions....they either made it compliant or made it disappear...

The videos all nod towards the fact the engine has great potential to make hp....hoping the potential comes from us-the end user..

folks?

what only would be impressive to me if i were so rich that money won´t be a question for me :

Busa-GEN3-GEN1.png

or

Busa-GEN3-GEN2.png

pics made / combined by a member of our german board.

plus eventually the gen3 headlight with its led at low and high beam (in the gen1 or 2 cockpit plastics)

Back