It’s time to grow up

and the other "question" about the hp´s

men?

~8 years ago i was asked why the heck i passed and left way behind me all others of the group on the curvy country road with around 40 hp less than them

i had my ´00 at a test bench and it had only 127 hp at the rear wheel
caused by the wrong muffler / db-eater
db-eater out and it has 165 at the rear wheel but was terrible loud.

so i guess a huge number of hp is only necessary at the 1/4 mile straight track or so
but never at the curvy c.road / race track

or, how @rubbersidedown wrote some months ago, a huge number of hp (he meant the turbo there) is needed to compensate a "small wee wee" - looooooooooooooooool -
:rofl:

buddies - i´ll stay with my standard ´00 (ok, akra 4-1 exhaust) with its official 175 hp to stay faster than 90% of all others when the road becomes curvy. ;)

in my thought the most beautyfull connection between two straights is the curve ;)

They had 14 years to make it the baddest thing in a straight line... and keep the essence of the bike...

Suzuki must read what you said and think "Great - someone who believes our porkies"

Other manufacturers have added some HP and got Euro5 compliant.. i could even forgive them for only a slight increase in power but less power and torque too.... WTF!!!!

The marketing bullshit says "we tried lots of various engines but decided to stick with what we had as it represented the best compromise".. the reality is "we spent as little money as we could by just tweaking the old engine".. they could have given us VVT or something, but no.. the penny saving excercise couldnt even stretch to that.

I want the fastest baddest-ass bike on two wheels.. AKA "The Busa".

I waited 14 years and we didnt get that...

If you want drivability and comfort etc buy a GS... The Busa should scare you and have the respect of other bikers.. i can already hear the "its not as powerful as the old one is it" trolls getting the ammo ready.. imagine how the Kwaka boys must be laughing at us!!!

So sad...
exactly my thoughts....nailed it....!!!!!

Reactions: Jza
Suzuki had 13 years to do the gen3. Could've done a 1441 to meet up with Kawi but no. Even though your customers have repeatedly asked for a 1441.
Adding all the electronics and other mods the other sport bikes in their line up have had for years now shouldn't be a big thing. At this time those were expected. 22 years with the same heavy frame... 22 years.
They couldn't even revamp it? Come on...

Now it's pushing $19k. Pass.
So true, truth hurts about the Hayadinosaur.

I think everyone is moaning too soon. Every bike is like this. The Euro5 emissions bikes are MONSTERS when uncorked. I think if you give the Gen 3 about 6 months you might be surprised in the numbers it can make once the ECU is flashed and the exhaust is changed.
I ask because I don't know: wouldn't uncorking it upset all the fine tuning of the electronics, timing and mechanics that went into it?

The ‘99 Hayabusa left a mark, it blew all of our much younger minds. And now we want that again, like a heroin addict always chasing that first high.

Well we are grown up.

We are disappointed with numbers, weight, hp are not improved! That is all that matters! Suzuki is dead! Kawasaki’s pee on its corpse!

Be quiet, adults are talking now...

Euro 5 emissions. They did that, and it is crazy. They did it while improving the character of the motor without making it smaller and forcing induction. Maintaining the essence of our bike in the face of choking, asthmatic restrictions.

Evolution styling. Like the 911, refining and maintaining what makes a Hayabusa while adding fine details that add to pride of ownership. From the dash to the integration of signals. This is not civic, it is a Bugatti.

Electronics. Instead of bolting on the safety nannies they thoughtfully integrated all of the modern electronics and elevated it to new levels.

Reliability. They changed so much in the motor, just so it will last life times. Lengthening roller bearings, stronger pistons, better cooling, rolled threads instead of cut. So much work not to go faster but to make sure that this is a legend that you can keep for a lifetime and gift to your kids. What other engineers would do this? They care so much for this legacy.

The 2021 Hayabusa is special like no other motorcycle, they didn’t try to blow us away with hp, instead they made the best motorcycle they could.

If you want the best in weight and power spend twice as much on a Panigale V4 you will be happy. If you want the best sport bike made, buy a 2021 Hayabusa.

Good take. I really like what they've done with the body, mainly the tail. You can't do too much or it ruins the heritage. The new one was built for more focus on where most people use the bike. If you wants a bike that will do 300 mph with 300hp there's plenty of aftermarket poop out there to get you (all the people crying about the engine staying 1340) there. Now to decide on the color...

Good take. I really like what they've done with the body, mainly the tail. You can't do too much or it ruins the heritage. The new one was built for more focus on where most people use the bike. If you wants a bike that will do 300 mph with 300hp there's plenty of aftermarket poop out there to get you (all the people crying about the engine staying 1340) there. Now to decide on the color...
It changed my "s" word to poop. lol

Come on, OP, the "new" Hayabusa is lipstick on a pig - just enough to keep it technologically competitive without breaking new ground. I'm not overly concerned about the HP wars, mine was already second best to Kawasaki when I bought it.
The discontent is Suzuki could have done better and addressed the machine's heritage better. Think C& Corvette vs the new C8. My issue is the stock Busa is bloated and heavy - which is the anti-thesis of "the best sport bike." Every racer knows less weight is better. They could have addressed this issue, but kept a heavy as hell exhaust and frame.
As for the new tech even my HARLEY DAVIDSON CVO has this stuff, and HD isn't known for "cutting edge." So we're disappointed and hoped for more. Not the end of the world.
People having high expectations doesn't make them childish, just informed and demanding consumers.

Last edited:
Come on, OP, the "new" Hayabusa is lipstick on a pig - just enough to keep it technologically competitive without breaking new ground. I'm not overly concerned about the HP wars, mine was already second best to Kawasaki when I bought it.
The discontent is Suzuki could have done better and addressed the machine's heritage better. Think C& Corvette vs the new C8. My issue is the stock Busa is bloated and heavy - which is the anti-thesis of "the best sport bike." Every racer knows less weight is better. They could have addressed this issue, but kept a heavy as hell exhaust and frame.
As for the new tech even my HARLEY DAVIDSON CVO has this stuff, and HD isn't known for "cutting edge." So we're disappointed and hoped for more. Not the end of the world.
People having high expectations doesn't make them childish, just informed and demanding consumers.
I am sorry you felt like I was calling you childish.
Calling all the skilled work of talented engineers”lipstick on a pig” is not at all immature and not at all dismissive to the years of work skilled engineers have put into it or is calling a bike that much of us here enjoy a “pig”.

And of course bi-directional quick shifter, anti-lift control system, adjustable engine brake control system, selectable active speed limiter to name a few is “tech even your Harley Davison CVO has.”

It is obvious to me that you are a “informed consumer”

I apologize for any slight to your knowledge and maturity, as that was not my intent and was completely out of order.

I’m sorry @Walris that was way too passive aggressive of me. My furnace gave out after I just got it serviced and I was in a mood.
I think we disagree on what the philosophy of the Hayabusa is. I would buy you a beer and discuss, I think you have some valid points and we would be gents to each other.

I loved the whole presentation.......although I have never seen "anyone" let the bike fall on it's side with no expression of horror before. I know there's some identification out there...whether it was a stall at a light, or a rear stand removal without extending the side stand.....you know who you are.

Ask me how I know.:D

PS Yep, those were expensive lessons.

I loved the whole presentation.......although I have never seen "anyone" let the bike fall on it's side with no expression of horror before. I know there's some identification out there...whether it was a stall at a light, or a rear stand removal without extending the side stand.....you know who you are.

Ask me how I know.:D

PS Yep, those were expensive lessons.
Years and years ago my dad had a sidecar on his Yamaha 1100 Midnight Special...he had the side car off for some reason or another and the first stop sign he came to, he didn't put his feet down....and the bike fell over.

I didn't notice right off as I was slightly ahead of him and when I took off through the intersection his headlight caught my attention in my mirror as it was at an odd angle...

Lots of cursing later, we got the bike upright and on it's way.....back home to put the side car back on...

Yes, and when it happens we think like we're the only one in the world that has ever done that.......like the first time you stall a dirtbike in front of your friends....and tip over.

I am sorry you felt like I was calling you childish.
Calling all the skilled work of talented engineers”lipstick on a pig” is not at all immature and not at all dismissive to the years of work skilled engineers have put into it or is calling a bike that much of us here enjoy a “pig”.

And of course bi-directional quick shifter, anti-lift control system, adjustable engine brake control system, selectable active speed limiter to name a few is “tech even your Harley Davison CVO has.”

It is obvious to me that you are a “informed consumer”

I apologize for any slight to your knowledge and maturity, as that was not my intent and was completely out of order.
I didn't feel like you were calling me childish, just critics in general. What else does "It's time to grow up mean?"
Actually, read the specs on a 2020 CVO Street Glide specs. Impressive for a Harley. Downright 21st Century! But all is cool.

2020 Harley-Davidson CVO Lineup: Tri-Glide, Limited, and Street Glide​

The 2020 Harley-Davidson CVO lineup consists of the new CVO Tri-Glide, along with updated editions of the CVO Limited tourer and CVO Street Glide bagger.

2020 CVO Street Glide

2. For increased safety, all 2020 Harley-Davidson CVO models get the Reflex Defensive Rider Systems (RDRS). We have seen this already on the 2020 Harley-Davidson LiveWire. RDRS is a suite safety features, including traction control electronics that work during both acceleration and braking. Both the traction control and combined ABS are corner aware. The traction control also works on downshifts, and is an electronic version of a slipper clutch. Additionally, RDRS includes Vehicle Hold Control to keep the bike from rolling when stopped on a hill while riding. There’s also a tire pressure monitor.

3. The 2020 CVOs have the H-D Connect service. Subscription-based, H-D Connect uses cellular connectivity to integrate your smartphone and the Harley-Davidson App with your motorcycle. H-D Connect keeps you apprised of various statuses for our motorcycling, including tire pressure, fuel level, and riding statistics. Additionally, it facilitates infotainment software updates and reminds you of service updates. Also, H-D Connect lets you know if someone is tampering with your ride, and help track the motorcycle if it is stolen.

4. Premium Boom! Audio makes sure everyone hears your taste in music. The 2020 CVO Street Glide is the loudest of the group, with a 300-watt amp powering each pair of Boom! Stage II bi-amped speakers. The CVO Limited and Tri-Glide have to get by with just a single 300-watt amp and four Boom! Stage I two-way speakers.

5. All three CVOs have the Boom! Box GTS infotainment system, which includes a Boom! Audio 30K Bluetooth Helmet wireless headset interface. Integrated into the system is a Mesh Intercom Network that can connect as many as 16 riders over a range as far as five miles. Voice command capability is also part of the package. For long-distance riders, in just 20 minutes the headset can get enough charge for five hours of talk time, should you run the battery out. Plus

Exactly, Wuzza! I stopped owning Harleys from 1969 until I bought a 2012 V-Rod. I would kid my wife (a Harley rider) they had great 1950s technology.

I love this... telling old guys it's time to grow up and be conservative. I wonder if Dodge was thinking the same when they built the Demon orFord with GT500 or a Chevy with ZR1 let's just be average since old guys don't care about numbers. Sorry but when the 1999 busa came out it was groundbreaking heart stopping and 22 years later its just "let refine things" that greats for most Motorcycles, but the Hayabusa should be miles ahead like it was in 99. It's is great that its brought alot of life back to the brand but no one will convince me this was the right decision on Suzuki's part. Kawasaki is out here producing Demons, Hellcats, ZR1's of the bike world and Suzuki is just like meh let's just build a 2010 mustang new body same old engine with some "tweaks".

Hey @JeffSyh my “grow up” statement was aimed at those saying thinks like “kawasaki riders are laughing at us”, “Kawasaki is pissing on Suzuki’s grave” and various other silly statements. Not about anyone’s opinion on HP differentials between generations.
Your opinion is valid if perhaps contaminated by personal expectations and a questionable car metaphor :D .
Some quick simple facts:

It is no longer 1999 and Suzuki themselves no longer see the Hayabusa as a faster than everyone else product. And they owe you nothing.

The Gen 3 Hayabusa is a refined motorcycle that is faster than 90% of motorcycles on planet earth.

There are faster motorcycles than Gen3 and you can buy them instead.

we can whine all we want but the above is true

Back