MotoGP 2024

Picture of what Marquez bike may look like next year from a French website. Note the absence of Monster stickers. Still not sure how they are resolving his Red bull sponsorship.

1000000779.jpg

They were the only one without a Satellite squad. Double the bikes on track, double the data acquisition.

It’s gotta be more than that. The huge cost of fielding two teams with two bikes each (one is a spare like everyone else has) to me at least does not equate with ‘double the data acquisition’. A new V4 maybe… :firing: Has there been any word about the design of the new 850s? I4s? V4s? I3s? Or just reduce the bore on what they currently field?

It’s gotta be more than that. The huge cost of fielding two teams with two bikes each (one is a spare like everyone else has) to me at least does not equate with ‘double the data acquisition’. A new V4 maybe… :firing: Has there been any word about the design of the new 850s? I4s? V4s? I3s? Or just reduce the bore on what they currently field?
Pretty sure they will play whatever they have planned close to the vest. All of them are working on the new bikes, but no one knows anything right now.

Ouch! Marquez received a 16 second penalty after the race today dropping him to 10th, because his tire pressure was too low. Sounds like his team knew it would be close and after his late contact with Bastianini his tire pressure dropped. May have also been the reason he waved Digi through during the race to get his tire temp back up after running in clean air for so long. Tough one to swallow.

Overall another processional race, not much passing at the front until that last lap mistake by Vinales. Race was over 30 seconds faster than last years!
1719765174995.png

Kazak GP killed again, Now to be replaced by 2nd race in Qatar.

Ouch! Marquez received a 16 second penalty after the race today dropping him to 10th, because his tire pressure was too low. Sounds like his team knew it would be close and after his late contact with Bastianini his tire pressure dropped. May have also been the reason he waved Digi through during the race to get his tire temp back up after running in clean air for so long. Tough one to swallow.

Overall another processional race, not much passing at the front until that last lap mistake by Vinales. Race was over 30 seconds faster than last years!
This is a new one on me.
1719768943494.png

This could be a big deal. Gigi saying Ducati will only field 3 (not 4, as current) factory bikes and 3 previous year bikes next year! Everyone assumed VR46 would be getting 2 factory bikes after the Pramac departure. Silliest silly season ever.

Yeah the whole paddock seem to be saying the same thing. Just an nonsensical regulation.
Digia said he had the same issue why he also dropped back - MM&Digi on the Ducati 23s.

Alot of riders mentioned conditions were much cooler than yesterday with the wind taking heat away from the rubber, the 24 Ducatis dont seem to be to affected tho ?

Rins looked to put himself on the wrong part of the track when he gassed it up on the marbles and off he flew - damn..

At the Mugello race this year the first 15 riders went quicker than last years winner ! (this years Assen 30sec quicker mentioned above) The bike boffins are really outdoing themselves !

Yet another crap weekend for the Honda riders, so hard to watch this demise.

Back