MotoGP 2024

Pecco had another clever race, it seems any time he gets dropped back he's biding time/tyres and waits for the drop off of others
then pushes on up to 2nd or 1st, today he said the early pace was too high (not sustainable) he was right Franco was smashing out 1min 20s looking good but where did that get him? Martin seemingly the same, Pecco said he saw him struggling at the end of the race then watched him slid by..Pecco puts on enough pressure during the race to keep Martin honest till that crash and cruises to the win.

Ha! Guess what I just watched…..first they replayed Saturdays sprint race, then the Moto2 which they never televise and finally the GP. Felt bad for Martin. I’d rather crash on lap two vs sliding out with two laps to go (while leading). MM sure knows how to finish well, when he doesn’t crash. He seems to brake later and harder. Really makes up time during 25 laps.

By my math there are now 10 remaining seats in MotoGP next season, and 9 current riders yet to sign. A few of those names are significant underperformers so the realistic number is likely 6 or 7, which leaves a potential 3 open seats for next year to either bring in new blood, or seasoned riders from other championships. My understanding is that Mir has a contract on the table with HRC but it got quiet after it was announced, he has slung a fair bit of crap on Honda recently so anything's possible. Also rumored that Digi has a new contract offer to ride the 3rd Factory Ducati for VR 46, but nothing officially announced yet. So that whittles it down to ~5 of the current guys set to be orphaned soon. My money would be on Rins to either stay in the Factory Yamaha team or perhaps move to the Pramac Yamaha team, but that's just a gut feeling. Moto2 has 3 riders being talked about a lot in Joe Roberts, Ai Ogura, and Sergio Garcia, and from WSBK both Toprak and Iannone have been mentioned a lot, but I honestly don't see either of them making that move. 3 weeks until Silverstone, if most of these seats are not filled by then I would be really surprised, but in this silly season anything is possible.

How do you get off Camano, bridge or ferry? I’m planning a ride up to Astoria OR (at least) and your island is about 240 miles north. Gotta get me some of that coastal temperature, I’m roasting here.

IMG_0847.png

This is yet to be finalized, but seeing this everywhere now; Ai Ogura has (or will be?) signed to team with Raul Fernandez at Trackhouse Aprilia next year. Bit of a surprise after the American owned team was heavily linked to Joe Roberts up until now. Honda have to be kicking themselves if this happens, Ogura was the brightest star they had in the pipeline. This might just be a stay of execution for Nakagami. HRC have lost the plot entirely now.

Bit of a reach here, but in the interest of Silly season perpetuation... Seems the es.Motosport guys think Ducati is going to move on from Bautista in WSBK and replace him with Jack Miller... Of all the guys that are unsigned for next year in MotoGP, Miller was one I would have thought would be sticking around. I am sure he would do fine in WSBK but a small loss for the MotoGP paddock as he is the only Aussie right now. I know Dorna has openly desired to have more countries and manufacturers represented in Motogp so this would further gum up the Hegemony of Italian and Spanish riders.

This picture makes my Left hand ache. Just look at how much is going on from a hand control aspect (to say nothing of the wiring) on a modern MotoGP bike. Clutch, rear thumb brake, Front brake MC remote adjuster and I think the little one above the clutch is ride height, and you cant even see all the buttons.

Credit to Mat Oxley for the picture.
1722204057479.png

There’s a ‘something’ on the front rotors except the Honda. Doesn't look like something that would stop the breeze to keep the rotors hot. And it’s about time there was some color in the field. Will all the Ducatis be red again though?

Back