MotoGP 2024

MM has finally found a bike that likes him. First win in three years sure must feel good. Too bad about AM and Pecco. AM went wide and Pecco tried to take advantage but cut in front of AM too soon. Not liking the penalties for low tire pressure. Is it really that much of a safety issue? What PSI are they supposed to have and what (did) they have to merit a penalty? 16 seconds is a helluva penalty.

Alex and Pecco are both blaming each other, and whinging to the press about the wreck. Its all good theatre. Cant wait for Misano next weekend!
1725214082994.png

MM has finally found a bike that likes him. First win in three years sure must feel good. Too bad about AM and Pecco. AM went wide and Pecco tried to take advantage but cut in front of AM too soon. Not liking the penalties for low tire pressure. Is it really that much of a safety issue? What PSI are they supposed to have and what (did) they have to merit a penalty? 16 seconds is a helluva penalty.
MotoGP Tire Pressure Rules Modified: Pressures Dropped, Penalties Changed | MotoMatters.com | Kropotkin Thinks. :D

Geebus, 1.8 bar is only 26 psi.
Interesting that it is so much lower than what is recommended for street bikes. It seems as if they have this fine tuned though for optimum performance. See linky below.

Have they officially chanhed the name to MotoDucati? The top five finishers in today’s sprint race were Ducatis. Don’t they enter eight or ten bikes? That’s just about half of the field. And everyone else, two?

Well.. Jorge's heart would've sunk when he looked over while cruising down the pits for a bike swap and saw Pecco and co staying out,

Pecco played smart this week and took the points, no point fighting MM while you're still in pain from last week.

MM nailed it for his 2nd win :D

I will just say I don't like this track. In perfect conditions there is a drag race to turn 1 then a procession to the end. But throw in less than perfect conditions? Marquez looks like he's on a different planet in that situation! Not sure how many passes he's made this year but it is a lot more than anybody else by a mile. 9th to first this time. Fun to watch!

Not sure why it took so long (see my previous Valvoline posts for ref.) for them to announce this, but Its Official, Repsol is out of HRC. Could they be going with Marc to Ducati? Would be just another conflict with his and Ducati's sponsorship deals for next year, but Repsol is a pretty big fish in this game.
1725807456551.png

A few photos and some interesting story lines from todays test in Misano. Notably Miller was not allowed to test the KTM as he wont be back with them next year! I am sure others will get the same treatment soon as 3/4 of the paddock seem to be changing teams next season. Another interesting one is whether or not Ducati Turns Marc loose on one of the prototypes to get some direction on development for the GP25 (Which Tardozzi has claimed that they have not even started development on yet?) ahead of the Valencia test!

Back