MotoGP 2024

Acostas leathers after his 300kph get off in Austria today.
1723850676564.png

At some point, love him or hate him, you have to feel bad for Marquez. Had a decent qualifying, chucked it from 2nd in the sprint and then struggled to get his ride height device working, then passed half the field again to recover to 4th. Not sure how much of this is his crew or just bad luck? Heard that they had to change his front tire on the grid because of a leaky valve stem and then trying to get any heat at all into the green tire on the warmup lap messed with his RHD. Regardless he was really the only rider worth watching in this snoozer going from 13th to 4th. Watching Pecco vault into the lead and check out every week is getting old. If I were Martin, I would be furious watching the replay of this, especially the first few laps. Pecco was simply sprinting away from him on the straight in the early laps, on what is "supposedly" the exact same bike... He might be glad he left for Aprilia after this.

Gotta make my pitch for David Alonso! Kid won his 7th Moto3 race of the season today making that championship not even close, and unless he does something unforeseen will be in MotoGP by the time the new reg's take effect in 2027, book it!

One of my favorite tracks, cool of true! Brno always had great races.

One of my favorite tracks, cool of true! Brno always had great races.
its official! Brno is back on the calendar through 2029! Brad Binder approves of this. :D
1724895068723.png

I honestly don't know what the guys at Honda are smoking these days. They had (have?) Ai Ogura riding for them for most of his career, one of, if not the best Moto2 rider at the moment. Rumor mill has him headed to Trackhouse Aprilia now.

And now this rumor about them calling up Somkiat Chantra to replace Takagami at LCR? Dont get me wrong Chantra is probably the best Thai racer around right now, but he is not even a front runner in Moto2, though he did qualify well at Siverstone. They must see something I dont. :banghead:
official now.
1724934507508.png

As a preface to my first "inevitable" comment above, Marquez was on a different planet in Qualifying! .840 second gap to 2nd is the largest since Brno 2019 when Marquez went out on a wet track on slicks and took pole by over 2 seconds.
1725117859282.png

That seemed inevitable. First Sprint Win for Marquez on the Ducati. He looked like he could do whatever he wanted today, ominous! Hats off to Quartararo and Oliveira too.
View attachment 1687024

I don’t give much credence to short sprint races so I’m waiting to see MM finish and win a GP. Congrats to Fabio Q. He’s riding the slowest bike out there and still manages to pass the points leader on a Ducati. Fabio may be one of the top five riders out there…if only he had a competitive bike.

Nice win by MM..:cool:

Not so flash for Pecco or Alex, reckon Pecco was a bit impatient looked like he was going to pass Alex anyway in the next lap or so and
should have waited :crazy: what say you lot ?:D
Yeah, it just looked like a racing deal. Pecco turned in a little too early and I doubt Alex even saw him until it was too late. Both of them were lucky to walk away, Pecco sepsecially being rolled under the bike like that.

Total demolition job my Marc all weekend. Led every session and every lap of both races. He was doing 48's most of the race when everyone but Jorge was struggling to do one. 1043 days since his last win. All those years in the wilderness on the Honda seem downright shamefully wasted now. He was doing it all in the corners too, his top speed was second slowest by almost 10KMH to the Fastest guys!

Tip of the cap Pedro Acosta for holding off Pecco early on and to Alex Rins bringing the Yamaha in 9th.

Uh oh. Fernandez, Miller and Digi all handed 16 second time penalties for Tire Pressures after the race. Funny that they only get 60 minutes to appeal these. This elevates Nakagami into the Top 10! And Millers nightmare season continues. That and Oliveira crashing out cast some serious doubt on whether either of them are going to wind up on the Pramac Yamaha team next year, which is all thats left in MotoGP now.
1725205815484.png

Back